Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? (943 Views)

This Computer Is Bae just N100k / Please I Need Help With This Computer Science Question! / Are You A Seller - This Computer Accessories For Sale @ Giveaway Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? by phemmy88(m): 3:05am On Feb 02, 2016
hi everyone,

I power on my laptop this morning and i was welcome with this error ''CMOS CHECKSUM INVALID'' after it struggles to boot. Few seconds later it went blank again, although not off.. i got another error message that says ''HP BATTERY ALERT''.
After about 2 minutes, the system boots to normal screen.

i now discover that the laptop cant work without my charger plugged in. if i remove the charger..,the system will just off. i don't know whats wrong.
i placed my cursor on the battery icon and what it says is ''plugged but not charging''

i use an hp Envy *360 touchsmart

someone please help !!
Re: Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? by felix55(m): 5:40am On Feb 02, 2016
change d CMOS battery & ur HP laptop battery...
Re: Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? by shawlxAk(m): 5:53am On Feb 02, 2016
The ''CMOS CHECKSUM INVALID'' message indicates that the CMOS battery may need to be replaced.

The CMOS battery is a coin cell battery that powers the CMOS RAM so as to preserve its content when the computer is turned off.

The "HP BATTERY ALERT'' message indicates that the storage capacity of the laptop battery may be low.

If your laptop cannot work without the charger plugged in, then the battery can no longer hold a charge.

Replace both batteries.
Re: Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? by phemmy88(m): 9:35am On Feb 02, 2016
shawlxAk:
The ''CMOS CHECKSUM INVALID'' message indicates that the CMOS battery may need to be replaced.

The CMOS battery is a coin cell battery that powers the CMOS RAM so as to preserve its content when the computer is turned off.

The "HP BATTERY ALERT'' message indicates that the storage capacity of the laptop battery might be low.

If your laptop cannot work without the charger plugged in, then the battery can no longer hold a charge.

Replace both batteries.

thanks for ur extensive reply.... my problem is that i think the battery is inbuilt. maybe i will just give it to an engineer.

thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? by shawlxAk(m): 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
You are welcome. Yes, take it to an engineer.

phemmy88:

thanks for ur extensive reply.... my problem is that i think the battery is inbuilt. maybe i will just give it to an engineer.

thanks alot
Re: Who Can Solve This Computer Error...? by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 03, 2016
I guess the laptop has not been in use in a long while, hence the depleted cmos and system battery.

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean American Used Dell Inspiron 3000 Laptop 4gig 500hdd / Hp Cq58 Corei7 For Sale In Ph / Please Help With My System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.