Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,771 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

The TOP 5 New Urban Tracks (weekending 1/31/2016) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The TOP 5 New Urban Tracks (weekending 1/31/2016) (402 Views)

Umuobiligbo - Download All The Tracks In Their Latest Album (udo Ga Adi 2017) / Download : Efe – Lagos “EP” (full Ep) (all Songs/tracks) / Top 5 New Songs Of The Week: 05/03/2016-05/10/2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The TOP 5 New Urban Tracks (weekending 1/31/2016) by WPBandit(m): 3:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
1. Work (Rihanna) (4.7/5)

Mmmmmm Baby Girl, we love the Calypso vibe to this track! Gets our sexy pores to come out!

In all seriousness:

What I like most about Rihanna and Drake collaborations are their chemistry. It's more than just verses being laid down, it's an understanding from each person of what they're feeling at the time. If Rihanna wants to be a naughty girl, Drake is that one dork that challenges her to be naughty. If Drake wants to be sappy, Rihanna is that one down ass chick that is laying in the blanket with him watching forensic files. It's chemistry! On this song the chemistry continues as it's a combination of sap, naughtiness and island. I can dig that. It has a great vibe to it, and Rihanna's accent is absolutely beautiful for the track. People may not like the simpleness of the lyrics, but hey, I don't like the simpleness of Chipotle's chicken cleaning process, but I'll still eat there. (Check Out the rest of our Anti Review)

PS: Is it me, or is Rihanna blabbing certain things on the song?

2. War Pain (Meek Mill) (4.6/5)

People will ask over and over again which diss track was better Summer Sixteen or War Pain? I say it depends.....If I'm chillin' at home, drinking a smoothie on my couch without a care in a world, summer sixteen might be my choice. If I'm trying to hear an all out diss track where the rapper wants to rip the other rapper to shreds....War Pain is fitting! So to me, it's a tie.

This track is tough, it's gutter, it's nasty, it's REAL HIP HOP! Meek wastes no time in letting people know he doesn't like his foes, and he is being very specific when describing why. His tone contains built up anger, mixed with the cockiness of someone smashing a popular pop singer.

2. Summer Sixteen (Drake) (4.6/5)

Drake is back, and boy is he talking trash! He references Jay, Obama, Meek Mill, Kanye West and Torey Lanez in this track, and most are direct disses. He makes it clear where he stands, and why he needs to be respected on this track. You can hear it in his tone.....IT'S SOOOOO DISRESPECTFUL!

Interestingly Drake tells the back story of 'Back to Back', which describes him playing the song over and over again while Meek was downstairs (which might I add was very Petty Wap of him.). He also describes his moves thereafter which I thought was very informative of him.

Overall, the song is very lyrical, the beat hits hard, ANNNNNNND he's being disrespectful.....I LIKEY!

4. Not The Only One (4.6/5)

This track gets to it immediately! No crazy punchlines, just rapping about his rap career and how he came up. It's a fitting way to start an album off.

The beat is phenomenal, as it fits the underdog vibe that Kevin Gates is rapping with. The constant sirens throughout the song also adds to its seriousness!

The chorus highlights Kevin Gates ability to harmonize, and boy does he do it well. He sounds like that one thug that can sing the hell out of a hymn at church! He switches styles throughout the chorus, which adds complexity to it that is enjoyable. I approve this song. (See Our Kevin Gates Review Here)

5. Slippin' (Meek Mill) (4.3/5)

If you were a big DMX fan like my siblings and I were back in the day, you know that if you were gonna touch DMX slippin you had to be as close to rap Jesus as it gets. Meek ain't rap Jesus, but he did pretty damn well on this remake! I've always said Meek has that feel of an old school east coast rapper, and songs like these exhibit that. His lyrics are tough, and most importantly, BELIEVABLE!

Future kills the chorus! Incorporating his own mellow, sounding like he's dying on a hospital bed like style to the track. It keeps the song in perspective.

Dave East adds that underdog, Harlem hustler style to it keeping it organic. I LIKEY!

(For More Top 5's Go to www.theratingsgame.net)

(1) (Reply)

Fighters Is Likely To Go Beyond WWE Fastlane / My Top Website /blogs To Upload Your Music In Nigeria / Cool Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.