Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,242 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million (6572 Views)

Check Out The Phone That Costs $250 Million / Are You Using Swiftkey Keyboard? Come In Lets Have Fun!!! / Swiftkey Might Have Displayed Your Email Address And Phone Numbers To Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nsonaso(m): 5:20am On Feb 04, 2016
Flashh:
I have never used a keyboard as good as SwiftKey. I update it when there's update without wasting time.

I have Google keyboard, Flash and SwiftKey on my phone. But I feel very comfortable using SwiftKey.

Currently using the SwiftKey "Spotlight Orange theme". Lovely!
There is one cracked SwiftKey Key that I use on my Android that has over 50+ themes unlocked(though not updated since it's cracked version), wish I could use it on my iPhone as well
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nsonaso:

There is one cracked SwiftKey Key that I use on my Android that has over 50+ themes unlocked(though not updated since it's cracked version), wish I could use it on my iPhone as well

"SwiftKey Beta" is the latest version. It comes with many languages, including Nigeria own languages as well. Yorùbá Igbo and Hausa.

But now that Microsoft is buying it, I am having this thought, they might make it free for window OS users, while android and iOS users might pay.

*Finger crossed*
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Walexz02(m): 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2016
You guys should try FLEKSY KEYBOARD
The best I have ever used cheesy
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by oodua1stson: 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
Swift key is food but has far too many features which made me delete it

Too many cook spoil the broth
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 05, 2016
abatically:

Sane with me. I don't know why that keyboard gets high rating. Swiftley lags like crayze. I use high end phones that don't lag, but once I start using swiftkey it lags and not able to keep up with my typing speed. Overrated rubbish keyboard. Google keyboard way better for me. And now I just installed chroomer keyboard which is way better
Ur SwiftKey dey fear person, SwiftKey is nothing but the bet keyboard on mobile. Even Ifa knows this.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by dennistar(m): 4:04am On Feb 05, 2016
Flashh:
Try to read and comprehend.
No offense meant.
try to get the joke and comprehend
no offense meant.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nsonaso(m): 6:28am On Feb 05, 2016
Flashh:

"SwiftKey Beta" is the latest version. It comes with many languages, including Nigeria own languages as well. Yorùbá Igbo and Hausa.

But now that Microsoft is buying it, I am having this thought, they might make it free for window OS users, while android and iOS users might pay.

*Finger crossed*
Then I think the best thing to do now is to download the latest version and backup the apk file and also use iTunes on my PC to download the latest version for iPhone and backup the ipa file as well. Then I'll seat back and watch Microsoft in 5D to see when they're will put a price tag on it, then I will install my backup apk and ipa and enjoy no updates
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2016
Nsonaso:

Then I think the best thing to do now is to download the latest version and backup the apk file and also use iTunes on my PC to download the latest version for iPhone and backup the ipa file as well. Then I'll seat back and watch Microsoft in 5D to see when they're will put a price tag on it, then I will install my backup apk and ipa and enjoy no updates

MS can't put a price tag on it. They could only find a way to ruin the user experience cos they wanna make money
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
dennistar:
try to get the joke and comprehend

no offense meant.
OK!

Nsonaso:

Sharp guy!

Without updating, you will miss some features. You know?

Well, let's wait and see what Microsoft gat to do after buying it.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:23pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:
Microsoft wld be in charge of two best keyboards. Word flow and swift key. Geez!!

They will also spy on 300 million active people keystrokes. Damn!!!
and Google doesn't spy?
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nobody: 11:28pm On Feb 05, 2016
martineinstein:
and Google doesn't spy?

Every tech company does. My man , where have u been dude?? U hate ur fav company been talked about negatively.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

Every tech company does. My man , where have u been dude?? U hate ur fav company been talked about negatively.
haha.. Having a long hiatus on nairaland after a long ban. Had to open another account... Yeah,Am a Microsoft fan...i hate anything Google, same way I hate Madrid and Chelsea, as a cules
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

your Google earn a living from spying
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
franciskaine:
Ur SwiftKey dey fear person, SwiftKey is nothing but the bet keyboard on mobile. Even Ifa knows this.
plsssss. Don't say that. Wordflow takes the crown
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

MS can't put a price tag on it. They could only find a way to ruin the user experience cos they wanna make money
have they ruined sunrise,acrompoli etc they bought last year
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
martineinstein:
haha.. Having a long hiatus on nairaland after a long ban. Had to open another account... Yeah,Am a Microsoft fan...i hate anything Google, same way I hate Madrid and Chelsea, as a cules

What was the offence nah?? Yh I know ur fav but wondering y u hate Google so much. I don't hate MS. I use their products.

Los Cules
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:47pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

What was the offence nah?? Yh I know ur fav but wondering y u hate Google so much. I don't hate MS. I use their products.

Los Cules
because they hate Microsoft with passion....I hope they can cope when Microsoft fights back.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
martineinstein:
have they ruined sunrise,acrompoli etc they bought last year

Its just a year old. Give them a Lil more time
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
martineinstein:
because they hate Microsoft with passion....I hope they can cope when Microsoft fights back.

Nothing personal. Its all business. They all hate one another
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
Flashh:

OK!

Sharp guy!

Without updating, you will miss some features. You know?

Well, let's wait and see what Microsoft gat to do after buying it.
they want to incorporate it with their wordflow keyboard...imagine swiftkey➕ wordflow➕ arc keyboard will bring to the table
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:52pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

it's personal o. Haven't u heard of ' don't be evil'?
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
ollah1:

Its just a year old. Give them a Lil more time
they incorporated them with outlook to produce the best email➕ calendar... They bought n-trip last year, which is where apple pencil originated from
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 11:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
martineinstein:
they want to incorporate it with their wordflow keyboard...imagine swiftkey➕ wordflow➕ arc keyboard will bring to the table
I hate window phones with passion, because it's very boring.

Hope they won't bring boring features into the SwiftKey. Lol.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 12:03am On Feb 06, 2016
ollah1:

Microsoft have released all its core apps to Android, which makes the platform enterprise friendly. Google refusal to release her apps to windowsphone is the main reason why windows phone is not growing... Microsoft is gradually fighting back by gradually deposing Apple and Google in tablet space..a surface phone will surely dent Android devices. The world is gradually shifting from smartphones to vr and ar; Facebook and Microsoft are far ahead, while Apple and Google are yet to get themselves together
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 12:06am On Feb 06, 2016
Flashh:

I hate window phones with passion, because it's very boring.

Hope they won't bring boring features into the SwiftKey. Lol.
wordflow keyboard is what Android fans and Apple fans are dying to have
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 12:15am On Feb 06, 2016
martineinstein:
wordflow keyboard is what Android fans and Apple fans are dying to have

Dying for? Where there's SwiftKey and many good android keyboards. Try use Flash keyboard too.

Tell me how good it is when you said Dying for.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 12:20am On Feb 06, 2016
Flashh:

Dying for? Where there's SwiftKey and many good android keyboards. Try use Flash keyboard too.

Tell me how good it is when you said Dying for.
have u used word flow keyboard? You type without raising your hand. Infact, u don't type,u draw-type. It's the fastest keyboard ever
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 12:22am On Feb 06, 2016
martineinstein:
have u used word flow keyboard? You type without raising your hand. Infact, u don't type,u draw-type. It's the fastest keyboard ever

Draw-type is a turnoff for me.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2016
oodua1stson:
Swift key is food but has far too many features which made me delete it

Too many cook spoil the broth

What I hate about it is that... The size of the mb keeps increasing massively. But that still won't make me to uninstall it.
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 12:30am On Feb 06, 2016
Flashh:

Draw-type is a turnoff for me.
something is wrong somewhere
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by Flashh: 12:33am On Feb 06, 2016
martineinstein:
something is wrong somewhere

Hope you know about choice?
Re: Microsoft Buys Swiftkey For $250 Million by martineinstein(m): 12:41am On Feb 06, 2016
Flashh:

Hope you know about choice?
y yeah..i respect your choice.. Sorry for the insult

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Get The Phone Number Of The Person That Stole Your Recharge Card? / How To Get 30GB Data For Free On 9mobile (no Charges no cheat) / Tecno Phantom 5 Review: It's Not Worth 70k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.