Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Africa Report - What Nigerian Financial Community Don't Want U To See - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Africa Report - What Nigerian Financial Community Don't Want U To See (1421 Views)

What Super Traders Don't Want You To Know / Beware! Sms From Loaded Asking U To Visit Www.mtnvip.com 4 N50000 Is A Fraud / A Rating Of Nigerian Banks By The Africa Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Africa Report - What Nigerian Financial Community Don't Want U To See by nairamar(m): 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
I've attached the PDF report for all to read, what does this mean for us customers and/or investors?  Proshareng.com mentioned the report all but in name, what are they afraid of? In my humble opinion it’s obvious that proshareng.com is a toothless coward that refuses to report the truth.

Isn't it about time timely and important facts getting to the average Nigerian investor but no, what actually happens is that our nepotism tendencies come to play.  Only this time is not based on tribe but the ineffective and morally bankrupt stockbroker community and those who feed off it; proshareng.com included.

http://www.theafricareport.com/images/pdf/17/TAR17_7.pdf

Strong
• Diamond Bank
• First Bank
• GTBank
• Skye Bank
Assessment: Thriving, may be in a position to profit from the crisis

Satisfactory
• Afribank
• Citibank Nigeria
• Equatorial Trust Bank
• Fidelity Bank
• Platinum Habib Bank
• Stanbic IBTC
• Standard Chartered Nigeria Bank
• United Bank of Africa
• Zenith Bank

Assessment:Some have margin lending issues but all will survive

Shaken
• Access Bank
• Ecobank Nigeria
• First City Monument Bank
• Intercontinental Bank
• Oceanic Bank
• Sterling Bank
• Union Bank
Assessment: Serious governance issues need urgent attention

Stressed
• First Inland Bank
• Spring Bank
(pending takeover appeal)
• Unity Bank
• Wema Bank
Assessment: On the ropes, will either sink or be swallowed
Re: The Africa Report - What Nigerian Financial Community Don't Want U To See by ashington1: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2009
Please post the other page of that PDF

Thanks
Re: The Africa Report - What Nigerian Financial Community Don't Want U To See by adamawa: 10:23pm On Jul 04, 2009
The report is not detailed. what are the parameters used? "I learnt a bank sponsored the aricle.CBN is in the best position totell us the status of banks

(1) (Reply)

Hatch 300,000 Fingerlings In A Month / Who Can Help Me Trade Forex With My Money! / Help What Can I Do With This Vehicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.