Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,511 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Pipeline Blast? There Should Be Another Way - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pipeline Blast? There Should Be Another Way (437 Views)

Pipeline Explosion Rocks Sagamu / NNPC Signs Contract For $2.8bn Ajaokuta-kaduna-kano Pipeline Project / One Killed As Soldiers, Youths Clash Over Pipeline Surveillance Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pipeline Blast? There Should Be Another Way by jefy(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2016
what ever your reasons are,be it political maginalisation,developmental deficit,abject deprivation or even environmental degradation of which You are a part of,it certainly does not justify such dastardly act of sabotage and self inflecting suffering on your people as well as Nation.

Your supposed vengeful act which is glairingly stupid and senseless on a broad entity called government is actually a war waged against yourself,I would tell you how.
This is the jet age brother,have you ever thought of innovative and result oriented ways that are violent free to tackle such issues as you have highlighted such as:
.repression
.conditions of poverty
.social exclusion
.unemployment
.inequality
.the existence of obnoxious laws
.the killing of Ken
.militarisation of the Niger Delta
.the kiama declaration
.bunkering?
Oh,talking about bunkering,oil theft,these activities of yours actually contributes to a large percentage of the so called environmental degradation of your region you claim to fight against.
Your unwholesome activities leading to a popular phrase in the Region 'oil spill' has caused major damages and untold hardship in the region. Between 1976-1966 for instance,an estimated 1.89 million barrels of petroleum were spilled into the region. In relation to that,about 6,817 oil spill cases were recorded in 1976 and 2001.

Brother,You contributed to this figure whether you like it or not.Look here, have you ever thought about the effects of these spills on your region? Now,answer this question.who makes up your region? Your people of course,are you not part of your people? If your answer is yes,then You are a doltish,moronic,stolid,witless,oh men,i wish i had more adjective to qualify your ludicrous nature.

Now let me educate You following your activities in Gbaramatu Kingdom on thursday 14th January 2016. Do you remember the Escravos Warri Lagos Abuja gas trunk line of the Nigerian Gas Company? In 2015 alone,You were involved in 3,700 cases of pipeline vandalism.just recently in Brass,Bayelsa along Orukari,Golubokiri and Kpongbokiri communities You once again showed you don't care about your region and its inhabitants.You are indeed heartless and wicked.

Do you know that the spills resulting from your destruction of oil installations,bunkering activities,oil theft,siphoning results to the following?
.contamination of your regions groundwater?
.destruction of your regions aquacultures?
.deplition of our ecosystem?
.deaths as a result of oil line explosions?
.shotage in food supply as a result of polluted soils?
.causes health issues such as breathing and skin lesions problems?
.Loss of the mangrove forest?
.depletion of fish populations?
.water hyacinth invasion and
.even the lose of our basic human rights such as health,access to food,clean water and the ability to work.
These and more are only a few of the effects of your activities on your own people. According to Mahatma Ghandi,"the things that will destroy us are politics without principle, pleasure without conscience,wealth without work,knowledge without character,business without morality,science without humanity and worship without sacrifice"
Yours I believe, is pleasure without conscience,wealth without work,business without morality and even politics without principle.These principles of yours gradually destroying you,your region and its inhabitants.

Now,have you and your cahoots ever sat to strategize on a non-violent pragmatic and result oriented ways to end this whole madness in the region? Like I said earlier,this is the jet age were thinkers reign supreme.You too can think. Pipeline blast and the likes,THERE SHOULD BE ANOTHER WAY OUT.
There are millions of ways to drive home your point grabbing the attention of the government without hurting your own people..Let your conscience prevail,let your humanity show fort..
}i{ comments from Da House of Optimism
#global peace

(1) (Reply)

Just For Fun / What I Saw Yesterday / A Timely Prophetic Word Given By Rev Gabriel Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.