Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

I Need Serious Help On My Java Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Serious Help On My Java Program (1151 Views)

Please HELP Me With This Java Program / Java Program To Upload Picture On A Gui Platform / Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Serious Help On My Java Program by lekropasky(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
I just completed a Java project that uses Apache Derby Database as Back-End. I used Embedded server for the Database Connection so as to let it run independent of any Network Server. Now, my problem is this....

The program works very fine on my Computer. But when I installed and run it on Another Computer, all the functions are working perfectly except the database driven aspect(Insert, update and select and so on).
I have tested it on Linux, and Windows, the problem persist.

Now, I think the Database needs to locate it file directories to make the connection possible. And the directories( my database address) that I used to connect the database is not on the Client's Computer.

So, I want someone to teach me how to embed the database files with the application package so that all the database files will be packaged as .exe file with the Application.

NB:
I used Netbeans IDE for the whole development.

Thanks.
Re: I Need Serious Help On My Java Program by jpjohn(m): 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Answer to your problem may depend on the routine of your program.
Like you pointed out, you may need to ensure that the path to where your data storage is not the culprit.
Check out this blog post may help...
http://aparna-java..com.ng/2012/02/packaging-and-deploying-desktop-java.html?m=1
Re: I Need Serious Help On My Java Program by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Need Of Usa Bank Account Urgently / Wow!!! OAU Students Creates Apps For The Blinds @microsoft Imagine Cup / Java/web/android Gurus I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.