Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,587 members, 7,861,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:29 PM

Should I Quit My Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job? (767 Views)

My Job Interview Experience Today / See The Letter This Person Wrote To Quit His Job / How Shoki Song Cost Me My Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job? by persist: 4:12pm On Jul 01, 2009
Mistake choosing my first JOb

I am working for a great computer programming company here in nigeria.I started two months ago.THough I studied physics I was given a chance to prove my self in programming.I Loved the little I used to do while i was in school but now after like two month I fell like hell My head pounds during work and I get scared like shit.I am not even producing good code.The thing seems very stressful.

Please guys I am thinking of quitting with my integrity intact before one boss starts shouting Useless on me.I am confused should I quit.I feel like I should switch to networking by attending at least a three month course.

NB A friend help me get this job actually and he said if i should quit within 2 months I will look like I cam to siphon some cash and run and also It will give him a bad name in the company since I entered through his recommendation.

Guy what should i do .Should I quit and just change careers?
Re: Should I Quit My Job? by gbengaijot(m): 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
The question should be "Do you enjoy programming?" If you do, then what you need is to improve on your programming skills. You can do this by downloading free programming books or attending tutorials etc
Re: Should I Quit My Job? by Fredique(m): 4:27pm On Jul 07, 2009
persist:

Mistake choosing my first JOb

I am working for a great computer programming company here in nigeria.I started two months ago.THough I studied physics I was given a chance  to prove my self in programming.I Loved the little I used to do while i was in school but now after like two month I fell like hell My head pounds during work and I get scared like shit.I am not even producing good code.The thing seems very stressful.

Please guys I am thinking of quitting with my integrity intact before one boss starts shouting  Useless on me.I am confused should I quit.I feel like I should switch to networking by attending at least a three month course.

NB A friend help me get this job actually and he said if i should quit within 2 months I will look like I cam to siphon some cash and run and also It will give him a bad name in the company since I entered through his recommendation.

Guy what should i do .Should I quit and just change careers?

I'm not a programmer, but I think I can say something. First, I dont think those who are saying he should quit diagnosed his problem carefully:

1. It is his first job (thus a new comer to the challenges in the work environment)
2. It is something he loved (hence he made out time to learn it while in school even though he was studying physics)
3. He has just spent two months on the job (wont he be a magician to know it all at this stage?)

I dont think his problem is a lack of interest in the job role (in which case, he would have to switch to another job or career). I think it is the normal challenge that people (especially new comers) face in the work environment.

@Poster,
my advice would be that you should stick with it. With time you will improve. I also faced the same challenge in my own field. This is the best time to make mistakes as a beginner and learn from them and grow.

having said that, it will also help to go ahead with your plan to explore other areas of IT, such as networking (while you are still on your job), just for the sake of personal development. You may find other areas more fun and do a smooth transition to other areas you consider fun, rather than 'cut out' just like that. In my opinion, that would be cowardly. and hey. . . the grass looks greener on the other side.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies @ British Council / Make Millions In Cabbage Farming,shortest Agric Investment Ever! / Pdms Running On Vista And Windows 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.