Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,251 members, 7,953,941 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos (639 Views)

Genetically Mutated Rats Could Be Released In Britain To Solve Rodent Problem / What Are Social Problems In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos by favouryemmy: 10:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
I recently traveled to London and I was amazed that despite the population, it had solved it's transportation problem. I went to several places there used only the metro lines to get to all the places I went to. There were several levels of underground trains these are only meant for transportation within the mega city operated by several train companies. These levels of underground trains are connected by several escalators. You don't need to come to the surface until you get to your destination. This really helps them in decongesting the roads of London. As large as Lagos is, it needs such a transport system. This can help to reduce travel time within the metropolis and save valuable time. If done properly, you don't have to leave your house by 4am in order to get to your work place before 8am. Lagos population is constantly increasing and this will help to ease Lagos life. Lagos population is several millions more than that of London, therefore it is even more in need of such solution. Other major cities like Abuja can also have similar systems.

NB: I don't live in Lagos because I refused to live in Lagos mainly because of traffic problems. But with the population problem in Lagos a solution is required or Lagos will be unlivable soon. Traffic congestion can be for hours now but can soon be for several days (just like in Beijing) if no solution is found.
Re: The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos by missingrib(f): 10:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
so what are you saying in summary?say our honourable presido no dey do him job baaa?
Re: The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos by favouryemmy: 10:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
missingrib:
so what are you saying in summary?say our honourable presido no dey do him job baaa?

Throughout my write up I didn't mention any one's name. And I am not blaming anyone. BTW the president has not even spent up to one year in office, which reasonable person will blame him for such things? What I'm focusing on is the solution to the problem not trading blames. And you will agree with me that it is a major problem.
Re: The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos by missingrib(f): 10:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
favouryemmy:

Throughout my write up I didn't mention any one's name. And I am not blaming anyone. BTW the president has not even spent up to one year in office, which reasonable person will blame him for such things? What I'm focusing on is the solution to the problem not trading blames. And you will agree with me that it is a major problem.
don't take it personal just kidding aiit?

1 Like

Re: The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems In Lagos by Hormore9ja: 8:55am On Feb 04, 2016
please am on my way to Vanni close ogba ikeja . how do I get there from Ibadan.

(1) (Reply)

Questions For The Ladies / Lawyer Dies In Lagos Court While Defending Clients / Conquering Your Fear Of Lack (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.