Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

'if Wishes Were Horses' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 'if Wishes Were Horses' (308 Views)

What Is/are Your 2018 Wishes / 100 Merry Christmas 2017 Wishes, Messages, Ouotes And Pictures Sms / Rite Foods Limited Wishes Nigeria A Happy Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'if Wishes Were Horses' by ojadetayo(m): 5:34am On Feb 04, 2016
If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. If turnips were watches, I’d wear one by my side. If you could achieve your aims simply by wishing for them, then everyone would be living in golden mansions. If one could readily have what one wanted, then life would be so damn easy but unfortunately and woefully, life is not; you must struggle, fight, tussle, strive, toil, scuffle and battle for whatever you want. If pigs had wings, they would fly but justly they don’t have wings so they must do whatever is possible if they wish to fly. So, unluckily, if you want peace, prepare for war. If you want a thing done, do it yourself. If the mountain won’t come to you, you must go to the mountain. Every gain you will ever get in life has some inches of pain attached. Life will not give you what you wish for but what you have fought for. Even the Supreme Being “God” recognizes prayers in answering to a need. You must fight for whatever you want until you have realized it. Remember wishes are not horses so beggars would never ride unless they have owned a horse.

#IfWishesWereHorses
#NoTheyAreNot

Adetayo OJO.