Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,409 members, 7,826,581 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

4th February World Cancer Day - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 4th February World Cancer Day (4611 Views)

World Cancer Day Walk And Marathon Against Cancer With Nairalander, Corper / World Cancer Day In Nigeria / World Cancer Day: Group Calls For Deliberate Action To Reduce Burden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by bayinq25(m): 9:09am On Feb 04, 2016
Tastemoney:
4th February, WORLD CANCER DAY.

Taking place under the tagline '‘We can, I can’', World Cancer Day 2016 will explore how everyone – as a collective or as individuals – can do their part to reduce the global burden of cancer.

Just as cancer affects everyone in different ways, all people have the power to take various actions to reduce the impact that cancer has on individuals, families and communities.

World Cancer Day is a chance to reflect on what you can do, make a pledge and take action. Whatever you choose to do "you can,we can'’ make a difference to the fight.

World Cancer Day is very significant as it reminds us to convey to the world our message of Commitment, Love, Strength and Hope to prevent and cure cancer, and relieve the pain when the battle is lost not before fighting it very hard.".

Yes we can!

Message from Anti Drug Misuse and Abuse Programme (ADMAP)
Faculty of Pharmacy,Uniben.

Lalasticala,seun,
This cancer took my dad's life this year...so sad
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 04, 2016
Hallelujah! Glory to God
Benjom:
There's nothing like enjoying absolute Divine Health. That has been my story since March, 2013. Glory to God.

#from a sickler to a DH status#

1 Like

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:40am On Feb 04, 2016
ShitHead:
Happy Cancer day to Diezeani Alison Madueke...enjoy your day.
silly and insensitive statement. You re not immune from cancer hope you know? Smh!
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:41am On Feb 04, 2016
Zenzu01:
ThankGod I no get cancer gringringrin
silly and insensitive statement
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by Kunlexity(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2016
Cancer is a global problem.Statistics from the Union for international cancer control (UICC),The American Cancer Socitety (ACS) and National Cancer Institute (NCI) shows that it accounts for morer deaths worldwide than Malaria,HIV/AIDs and Tuberculosis.There several cases of cancer,but 'm keenly interested in BREAST CANCER,Which is my HND thesis.
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by Kunlexity(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2016
Cancer is a global problem.Statistics from the Union for international cancer control (UICC),The American cancer society(ACS), and National cancer institute (NCI),shows that it accounts for more deaths worldwide than Malaria,HIV/AIDs and Tuberculosis.
There several cases of cancer,but 'm keenly interested in Breast Cancer,which is my HND thesis.
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by akudire: 10:09am On Feb 04, 2016
I, our organization Living Hope Organization, with Civil Society on Eradication of Cancer in Nigeria do wish to invite you or your organization for World Cancer Day celebration at Nnamdi Azikiwe Secretariat, Umuahia today 4th February time is 10am. Come and have a cancer screen for free, life is wealth.
Help me share this on your wall, who knows if your friend is in Umuahia. God Bless you! Save a soul today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by markwil(m): 10:11am On Feb 04, 2016
Kunlexity:
Cancer is a global problem.Statistics from the Union for international cancer control (UICC),The American cancer society(ACS), and National cancer institute (NCI),shows that it accounts for more deaths worldwide that Malaria,HIV/AIDs and Tuberculosis.
There several cases of cancer,but 'm keenly interested in Breast Cancer,which is my HND thesis.

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by drered(m): 10:13am On Feb 04, 2016
Maintain healthy eating habits. Keep your immunity on check by boosting with supplements. Cut down /quit smoking. Ladies should touch themselves!! Check your beasts for lumps as often as you can. The fellas should go for screening when they get to their 40's.. And most importantly empathise with any cancer patients you know as it is one of the greatest battles anyone can ever fight..

1 Like

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by Zenzu01(m): 11:37am On Feb 04, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
silly and insensitive statement

Thanks man
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by mamawin(f): 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2016
Zenzu01:
ThankGod I no get cancer gringringrin
How old are u? hmmm
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by Zenzu01(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
mamawin:
How old are u? hmmm
Am still young and agile
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by Abatvic(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2016
@IHAC

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by adesipe(m): 11:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
BWS( Breats without Spot) organised a World cancer Day awareness walk, from Leisure Mall surulere down to shitta
Guest appearance was by Hon. desmond elliot, who graced the occassion and also mark.

Every February 4th, world cancer day awareness is carried out around the world.
Every 40 in 100 women who gets diagnosed of cervical cancer dies. 44.7 million Nigerian women have cervical cancer before the age of 60.

Things you need to know about Cervical Cancer.

1. The cervix is part of a woman’s reproductive system. It’s in the pelvis. The cervix is the lower, narrow part of the uterus (womb).
Cancer begins in cells, the building blocks that make up tissues. Tissues make up the cervix and other organs of the body.
2. it is preventable. If vaccine is taken within the ages of 11-26 before sexual life begins, also people who have married or began sexual activities will need to undergo pap smear test
3. it is caused by HPV (Human papillomavirus) which is mostly transmitted from male to female

Have you been vaccinated , get vaccinated now.click this Link Breast Without Spot to book your vaccination now
Awareness was carried out today in Lagos with Honourable desmond Eliot CLick here to View Pictures

#vaccine ti take over Back to Back. No more deaths to cancer.

Pictures from World cancer day, #vaccine4cancer #collabo4cancer #worldcancerday. click below
https://keepyourhopesalive./2016/02/04/world-cancer-day-2016/
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by mamawin(f): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Zenzu01:

Am still young and agile
good. I'm sure you are not aware that cancer has nothing to do with age. many live pretty fine and yet they have Cancer, due to no fault of theirs, and they are here on nairaland trying to happy against all odds. but your statement.......
Re: 4th February World Cancer Day by mamawin(f): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
[quote author=adesipe post=42629213]BWS( Breats without Spot) organised a World cancer Day awareness walk, from Leisure Mall surulere down to shitta
Guest appearance was by Hon. desmond elliot, who graced the occassion and also mark.

Every February 4th, world cancer day awareness is carried out around the world.
Every 40 in 100 women who gets diagnosed of cervical cancer dies. 44.7 million Nigerian women have cervical cancer before the age of 60.

Things you need to know about Cervical Cancer.

1. The cervix is part of a woman’s reproductive system. It’s in the pelvis. The cervix is the lower, narrow part of the uterus (womb).
Cancer begins in cells, the building blocks that make up tissues. Tissues make up the cervix and other organs of the body.
2. it is preventable. If vaccine is taken within the ages of 11-26 before sexual life begins, also people who have married or began sexual activities will need to undergo pap smear test
3. it is caused by HPV (Human papillomavirus) which is mostly transmitted from male to female

Have you been vaccinated , get vaccinated now.click this Link Breast Without Spot to book your vaccination now
Awareness was carried out today in Lagos with Honourable desmond Eliot CLick here to View Pictures

#vaccine ti take over Back to Back. No more deaths to cancer.

Pictures from World cancer day, #vaccine4cancer #collabo4cancer #worldcancerday. click below
https://keepyourhopesalive./2016/02/04/world-cancer-day-2016/
when vaccines against all forms of cancer become available, let us know

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘dead’ Man Wakes Up After Three Days In Mortuary / Chebe Powder And Karkar Oil / Earthworms In My Toilet. Please Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.