Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Closed - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Closed (839 Views)

Thread closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Closed by shyshally(f): 12:54pm On Feb 04, 2016
Closed thread
Re: Closed by shawlxAk(m): 1:05pm On Feb 04, 2016
From a technical standpoint, the size of the hard drive should not be a priority.

May I ask how you intend to use the laptop?

shyshally:
Good day everyone. Pls I want to buy a new laptop with the following specs
It should have a good battery life, a high hard drive like 1tg,and it should be less than 100k.These are the ones that are important to me.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Re: Closed by datjohn(m): 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
shyshally:
Good day everyone. Pls I want to buy a new laptop with the following specs
It should have a good battery life, a high hard drive like 1tg,and it should be less than 100k.These are the ones that are important to me.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Basically d specifications u shud b lukin out for depends solely on wat u gonn b using d system for.
If u gonna b using high graphics resolution wares eg architectural, graphics design software, u shud also consider high RAM too (atleast 8gig) and gud processor speed (atleast 2.5giga Hertz) of atleast a core i5 pentium.
But If u gonna b using d system predominantly for movie n music playing, den u need jst a modest specification wit high storage n gud battery n sounds (eg 4GB RAM, 2GB Hertz processor, windows 8.1 or windows 10, 1TB hard disk, wit a 9i-cell battery).
Frm my deduction it seems ur usage is for d latter, so, my recommendation wud b a Samsung ATIV book 2 for ur budget.
But u shud knw dat system models though identical, may come wit different specifications frm each other unlike phones, i.e. even after getting d models u want, u still hav to search for d specific one dat has d specifications u desire.
Re: Closed by shyshally(f): 9:44am On Feb 05, 2016
shawlxAk:

From a technical standpoint, the size of the hard drive should not be a priority.

May I ask how you intend to use the laptop?

I'm a student, I'll use it mainly to read, watch movies, etc...
Re: Closed by shawlxAk(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2016
In that case, you should also pay attention to the amount of installed physical memory.

If you haven't read my laptop buying guide already, here's a link to the post. It will be very helpful.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/01/major-things-to-consider-when-shopping-for-a-laptop/

shyshally:

Re: Closed by shawlxAk(m): 11:57am On Feb 05, 2016
In that case, you should also pay attention to the amount of installed physical memory.

If you haven't read my laptop buying guide already, here's a link to the post. It will be very helpful to you.

http://sholadaitman.com/2016/01/major-things-to-consider-when-shopping-for-a-laptop/

shyshally:

(1) (Reply)

Hp Pro Book For Sale / Opera Brings You The Fastest Browser Yet. / Hot Deal And Super Neat HP Probook From Usa Core2duo 160gb 3gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.