Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK (2028 Views)

"Video of Rat showering like a human goes viral." [Copied] / Ghanaian Girl With Beautiful Blue Eyes Goes Viral (Photos) / Facebook Post Goes Viral For Comparing African And Oyinbo Suicide (screenshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by henryanna36: 1:30pm On Feb 04, 2016
A new barbie doll nicknamed "Hijarbie" has taken social media by storm thanks to her trendy headscarf.

The Barbie doll - who even has her own Instagram account - was created by Nigerian student Hannefah Adam when she came to study in the UK.

She noticed a lack of diverse toys for little girls and wanted to introduce a modest dress doll to the market.

Now, she's calling on Mattel (manufacturer of Barbie), to keep up with their many Muslim followers and create a real Hijarbie.

Fashion designer Hannefah, 24, told Style Mic: "It got me thinking about how I'd actually like to see a doll dressed up like I would have - covered up."

She makes all of Hijarbie's outfits herself, dabbling in bright red dresses matched with grey headscarves and teaming all-black outfits with a matching headdress.

Hannefah draws a lot of inspirations from her own outfits, too.

Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by henryanna36: 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2016
More

Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by henryanna36: 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
henryanna36:
More
More

Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by henryanna36: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2016
henryanna36:
More
More

Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by Sparrow13: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2016
Who is the doll and who is the designer ?
Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by Dyt(f): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
Beautiful
Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by zinachidi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2016
really cute
Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by olayinkajnr(m): 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nice
Re: Photos: Nigerian Lady Goes Viral For Creating Muslim Barbie (hijarbie) In The UK by meccuno: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
I admire he ingenuity and creativity. But why would I decide to buy a barbie doll for my kids when we all know what Islam represents?? Does it make sense when things like these try to paint Islam in a good light which is a good thing and on the other hand cause a lot of instability and chaos in the lives of people who do not believe in the faith.......wonder what an individual who lost a love one through a suicide bomber wearing those religious materials would see or say holding that piece of toy.....

(1) (Reply)

Videos On Nairaland. / House Help Caught Having $£X With Madam's 4 Year Old Son / Why Are There So Many Angry And Bitter Fellas On Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.