Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Wordpress, Bloggers And Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Wordpress, Bloggers And Programmers (1091 Views)

The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria / How To Publish Post On Your Sites Using OPERA-MINI Browser / My Blog Pictures Will No Longer Show On Facebook. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress, Bloggers And Programmers by Netlouis: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2016
this are 3 things I wish to know

1.blogger or gurus what codings can one learn to be a good templates coder / customizer,though many do get from source(old ones) den turn it to good and nice one by editing it

2.WordPress Gurus what coding's one have to learn to become a good theme coder and customizing pls if u have any WordPress tutorial of how to create wp and customizing pls share me here or on ubalouis9@gmail.com pls

the last but not the list
3.wanna become a web designer /developer what programing do i have to learn,what are the basic codings to start with,list from the basics to easy programming language,though i start webbing with php pbnl web.

expecting your comment.
Re: Wordpress, Bloggers And Programmers by loper1: 11:05am On Feb 07, 2016
Hello

Developing custom themes and templates of your own is actually how you set yourself apart as a true web designer and developer and that's the no.1 skill top web design firms are looking for.

First you need to know your CSS and HTML very well. You'll learn how to convert a design in PSD into an HTML web page layout as you go.
Note that you could begin a web page layout in your text editor directly without necessarily having a PSD to work with (slicing and grabbing PSD elements).

Next you'll decide what popular CMS - Content Management System you want to convert your HTML web pages into, in your case Wordpress. Other popular ones are joomla, couch and Drupal.

Wordpress rates very well and it makes adding and editing content easy on the client the most, in my experience. It's slightly tougher to make a Wordpress theme than it is to make a joomla template of your HTML web pages though but it's worth the while.
Joomla is easier to make but it's more demanding editing content on the backend for non tech savvy clients.

To make wordpress themes of your own therefore, you'd need a crash course on PHP so you are familiar with the tags and struct generally. You do not need to be a guru in PHP to get along.

Also note that Wordpress has 2 main types- and wordpress.org

The .com is the platform where anyone can create a free blog of type blogname.

The .org is the version a wordpress developer downloads to make wordpress themes out of PSDs or HTML web pages. You also can sell your WP themes in theme stores.

You typically know if a site has been developed with wordpress by adding a /wp-admin at the end of the URL(if it's not blocked) e.g www.example.com/wp-admin

Hope this helps.

Bamidele Olumuyiwa
Frontpage-ng.com/portfolio

(1) (Reply)

Android Shopping Cart With Paypal Payment Integration / Big Demand For Web Developers / Build A Responsive Music App By Understanding Flexbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.