Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA (24334 Views)

Anambra University Lecturer Appears In Ph.d Class As ‘Transgender’ (Photos) / Friends Carry Graduate In Wheelbarrow In Liberia To Celebrate His Graduation / Students Sponsored By Jonathan Graduate In Philippines - . PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by noblebirth(m): 1:49pm On Feb 05, 2016
Congratulations Romola. I can't forget how you stood out morally, academically, and socially during our undergraduate studies. You have not failed us. I am proud to have been a friend, partner, class governor and 'ur padi'. I recall our first law course in year one, where despite my previous diploma in law studies, she gave me a run for my scores. That was my experience back to back throughout our undergraduate days despite coming tops of the class. Romola was my partner in several moot sessions both within and outside Nigeria. She possess a simple, amiable and quiet personality. Always ready to go the extra miles for people who has focus. Chai, Omo ni omo yen .

4 Likes

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by noblebirth(m): 1:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
yinkson:
she witness ASUU strike at all
yes. She was home for almost two years Asus strike and several strike action in lasu she spent 7years for a 5year course
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by kechbaby(f): 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Congrats girl. Such a great achievement at her age. That's an inspiration for me
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by olaolulazio(m): 2:03pm On Feb 05, 2016
Yoruba again?

3 Likes

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Smellymouth: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by ajasa4link: 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
LASU alumni doing exploits everywhere they go back to back. Proudly ex-lasuite grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Intrepid01(m): 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:
Let me act like the jealous region:

Pat Utomi was a PHD holder at 22 and a Professor at 24.

You are a pathetic liar.............Pat Utomi was not evena PH.D holder at 24 let alone of becoming a Professor...

check your facts

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Missmossy(f): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2016
Aww this is really good. Lasuites be making us proud cheesy

Kudos to her.

3 Likes

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by PastorOla1: 2:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
I REJOICE, SALUTE & CONGRATULATE HER. MORE GRACE.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by PastorOla1: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2016
olaolulazio:
Yoruba again?
: YES IF NA BOOK, NA YORUBA O.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by csbenedict: 3:12pm On Feb 05, 2016
Tribalists oya food don done
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by amtaken(f): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2016
Check google first before pouring out insults on yourself.

It's very hard to see classy people insult others.

Intrepid01:

You are a pathetic liar.............Pat Utomi was not evena PH.D holder at 24 let alone of becoming a Professor...

check your facts
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Ritchiee: 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2016
wisesoul:
E no possible for naija because some lecturer go frustrate the babe until she grace their beds.
YOU LIED...
WE HAVE HAD:
Dr Olabisi Adeyemi (Age: 26)

This young intellectual earned her PhD in Botany from the University of Lagos. Though she had maintained a track record of academic success right from her secondary school, she acknowledged that having a PhD at her age, and the record of being the best graduating PhD student, did not come easy.

Born in Lagos Island local government of Lagos state, Dr. Adeyemi attended Girls’ Academy, L/Island where she was the best student in WAEC, with seven distinctions. She proceeded to University of Lagos and graduated with a first class degree in botany in 2006. She completed her PhD in record time in 2012.

Dr Opeyemi Shodipe (Age: 25)

This young Nigerian scholar received her bachelor’s degree at 19, from Babcock University. After the mandatory NYSC programme, she entered for a masters at University of Ibadan, graduating best in her department. She capped it with a well-deserved doctorate degree in information science from her alma mater, Babcock University when she was 25.
AND THE YOUNGEST PHD HOLDER IN AFRICA:
Dr Olaoluwa Hallowed Oluwadara (Age: 24)

Acclaimed as one of Africa’s youngest PhD holders, Olaoluwa is a spectacular Nigerian intellectual and scholar, because of his achievements. He entered university for a bachelor’s degree at 15. He earned two B.Sc degrees in mathematics and physics, from University of Bangui, Central African Republic (CAR), run simultaneously. He received his master’s degree from the same university.

He crowned it with a PhD in mathematics at the University of Lagos, Akoka, where he was the best graduating PhD student. Dr. Olaoluwa H. Oluwadara won University of Bangui’s all-time best student award from the department of mathematics, best BSc student award in physics, 2007 and best MSc awards in physics and mathematics respectively in 2008. He currently is a research fellow of the Mathematical Analysis and Optimisation Research Group.

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by stinggy(m): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:
Am so proud of the Nigerian girl but I purposely acted like you people (you know yourselves), whenever you read about the achievements of south East and South South people you criticise them very well.

Now you see how disgusting that could be!

No. it has always been between SW and SE. stop bringing SS into this idiocy
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by januzaj(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:

A new academic record was set in Africa on Wednesday when a 24-year-old student of the University of Lagos, Hallowed Olaoluwa, bagged a doctorate degree in Mathematics for the 2012/2013 session.
With a cumulative grade Point average of 5.0, Olaoluwa had the best Ph.D thesis, as well emerged the youngest African scholar, displacing Olabisi Adeyemi who had graduated from the same institution with 4.98 in 2012 at the age of 26, as well as Opeyemi Shodipe of Babcock university who graduated the same year at 25.
The award was conferred on him and other 104 students who had successfully completed their Doctor of Philosophy at the concluding convocation ceremony of the university, held at the Multi-purpose Hall.
Olaoluwa, an indigene of Ekiti State, was honoued in the presence of the former Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof Julius Okojie, who represented the Visitor to the university, President Goodluck Jonathan, the Pro Chancellor of the university, Prof Jerry Gana, the former Vice Chancellor of UNILAG and Vice Chancellor of Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH), Prof Tolu Odugbemi, among other dignitaries.
Full of excitement, Olaoluwa said he completed his Ph.D programme in three years. He told Daily Sun that he enrolled for his first degree at Central African Republic at the age of 15, below the minimum age requirement set for Nigerian universities by the NUC.
Born in 1989 in Bangui, Central African Republic, he had a First Class and second degrees in Mathematics and Physics in 2007 and 2008, at the age of 18 and 19 respec­tively. Like a destined child, he already had two degrees at a time his mates in Nigeria were battling with their Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and its attendant rigorous post-UTME.
Aside Olaoluwa’s record performance, 21-year-old graduating student of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bakre Oluwafemi Abubakar, smiled home with the Best Graduating Student for the undergraduate programme, with a CGPA of 4.86.
While commending the outstanding performance of the students, the Vice Chancellor, Prof Rahamon Ade Bello, said 89 of them finished in First Class division, 1,293 in Second Class Upper division, while 2, 261 obtained Second Class Honours, Lower divi­sion. Also, 752 of the graduating students had Third Class Honours division, while 513 had Pass degrees.
He congratulated the parents of raduands on their endurance, despite the endless demands by their wards during the course of their studies.
Addressing the graduating students and the cheering audience, Prof Jerry Gana prayed divine blessings on the various degrees conferred on the students.
He charged the young graduates to create the future they want, and never to wait on others to take the initiative.
www.sunnewsonline.com/new/unilag-student-breaks-african-record-bags-ph-d-24/
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Ritchiee: 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2016
moneybag100:
HH

Am sure you are older than her, instead of you to think, reason that your mates are making a difference and stop opening your legs around. you are mentioning someone else glory...is Pat Utomi related to your family?
Fuc.ckin Bigot.
She was just pulling your legs...lol.

Patrick Utomi was born in Kaduna, Kaduna State. He is a descent of Igbuzo in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State. He had his primary education at St. Thomas, Kano 1960-62; Our Lady of Fatima, Gusau 1962-1966; Christ the King College, Onitsha and Loyola College, Ibadan,finishing his secondary education at the age of 15. The entry age for university education was 17, so he enrolled at the Federal School of Arts and Science in the interim. He later got admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1973 to study Mass Communication. Patrick utomi graduated from university of Nigeria Nsuka in 1977, He attended Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, where he got his Ph.D. MPA, MA. Appointed professor of the Social and Political Economy Environment of Business and Pioneer Entrepreneurship Teacher at Lagos Business School in 2003. he has been a scholar-in-residence at the Harvard Business School and the American University in Washington, D.C.

1 Like

Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by mentbrown355(m): 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
That's great
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Intrepid01(m): 3:40pm On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:

Apologies for the insult, I have checked google, Yes he finished Secondary School at the age of 15 and graduated from Nsukka at the age of 21 before his 22 birthday. So how could he have become a PH.D holder at 22 and 24, if he graduated at almost 22. Please verify your facts again!!!
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by moneybag100: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
Ritchiee:
She was just pulling your legs...lol.

Patrick Utomi was born in Kaduna, Kaduna State. He is a descent of Igbuzo in Oshimili North Local Government Area of Delta State. He had his primary education at St. Thomas, Kano 1960-62; Our Lady of Fatima, Gusau 1962-1966; Christ the King College, Onitsha and Loyola College, Ibadan,finishing his secondary education at the age of 15. The entry age for university education was 17, so he enrolled at the Federal School of Arts and Science in the interim. He later got admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 1973 to study Mass Communication. Patrick utomi graduated from university of Nigeria Nsuka in 1977, He attended Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA, where he got his Ph.D. MPA, MA. Appointed professor of the Social and Political Economy Environment of Business and Pioneer Entrepreneurship Teacher at Lagos Business School in 2003. he has been a scholar-in-residence at the Harvard Business School and the American University in Washington, D.C.
Thanks for the enlightens...I doubt she knows this too.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Philistine(m): 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=amtaken post=42644040]Am so proud of the Nigerian girl but I purposely acted like you people (you know yourselves), whenever you read about the achievements of south East and South South people you criticise them very well.

[/quot
when will igbos stop all this attache by force. must u people attache urself with SS everytime. it reeks of inferiority complex.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by FisifunKododada: 4:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
cool Yoruba la wa o FI LE!
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by micronut(m): 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:
Am so proud of the Nigerian girl but I purposely acted like you people (you know yourselves), whenever you read about the achievements of south East and South South people you criticise them very well.

Get away... Bigot! Prof. Pat had his PhD also at 26. What make this girl own unique is the fact that she is "female" unlike prof, she got her PhD in law unlike prof who majored on Political Economy. More importantly, prof graduated when Education world wide was still great unlike now... This girl finished from LASU, a commonly overlooked state school as some shallow thinkers do still believe it's about school forgetting it's about who you are, what you can do and how you develop yourself.

Congrats Adeola ( I know you are on nairaland). And Happy Birthday to Prof. Pat Utomi. in advance.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by RealPhoenix(m): 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
Congrats romola. I've been on my msc program since 2013 in uniben, dept of pbb. I'm still in-view.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Nweike1: 4:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Brains plus beauty!
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Sheggy13(m): 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2016
amtaken:

Why do you have to lie just to make a point, instead of congratulating the young woman and move on? You had to introduce the tribal angle just to show us how bigoted your mind is cos the lady isn't from your preferred ethnic stock. What makes it the more sad is that you're a lady. Here was a man born in 1956 and graduated from the university in 1977,that's at 21 year old and you're claiming he bagged PhD at 22 and become a professor at 24.Only an illiterate will make this ludicrous claim. How can one become a professor just after 2 years of bagging PhD and that's for someone who finished first degree at 21 and bag PhD the following year according to you . You should take your advice first by checking out google before making a fool of yourself on the internet.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by inventory(m): 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2016
MrPresident1:
Congrats Romola cheesy.

She is my friend wink
Serious... you kw her?
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by MrPresident1: 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
inventory:

Serious... you kw her?

Positive wink
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by inventory(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
wisesoul:
E no possible for naija because some lecturer go frustrate the babe until she grace their beds.
Its possible dud she school here in Nigeria....
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by inventory(m): 5:32pm On Feb 05, 2016
Yea thats my girl...
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Horlawale1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 05, 2016
Lagos state university

Citadel of learning

Best University as far as law is concern In Nigeria.
Congratulations Ramola
Since I can't break so many record my unborn children will surely do.
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by Stycon(m): 7:48pm On Feb 05, 2016
Impressive!
Re: Romola Adeola, Youngest Ph.D Graduate In Centre For Human Rights, University, SA by amtaken(f): 8:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
So long as you keep pouring insults on yourself I will never oblige you to privilege of having meaningful conversation with me.

You can't be a wild animal and a human being at the same time.

Sheggy13:

Why do you have to lie just to make a point, instead of congratulating the young woman and move on? You had to introduce the tribal angle just to show us how bigoted your mind is cos the lady isn't from your preferred ethnic stock. What makes it the more sad is that you're a lady. Here was a man born in 1956 and graduated from the university in 1977,that's at 21 year old and you're claiming he bagged PhD at 22 and become a professor at 24.Only an illiterate will make this ludicrous claim. How can one become a professor just after 2 years of bagging PhD and that's for someone who finished first degree at 21 and bag PhD the following year according to you . You should take your advice first by checking out google before making a fool of yourself on the internet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FUTASUG Passed Wrong Information About The Drowned Students / Kogi State University Admission 2013/2014 (official) / “I Wrote O’level Exams 17 Times”- UNIBEN Graduating Student Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.