Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,578 members, 7,820,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. (4504 Views)

WAEC Result: I'm Disappointed With This Grammar / WORST Waec Result 2017 Found By Us (Photo) / WAEC Releases May/june 2015 Result Performance From Each State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by rottable(m): 12:19pm On Feb 06, 2016
SonOfEl:

Save your sarcasm. Your opinion makes no sense at all. So stop trying to sound intelligent, it makes you look more stupid than you already are.
. lawma no fit carry your trash, I swear
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by akinyeleaa: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2016
SonOfEl:

Save your sarcasm. Your opinion makes no sense at all. So stop trying to sound intelligent, it makes you look more stupid than you already are.
Wail on
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by gulfer: 12:22pm On Feb 06, 2016
Anyway @OP, most of them will still end up in Ladipo ad Alaba apprenticeship while the une femme become aunty Ngozis tongue tongue tongue
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 06, 2016
EzePromoe:
If you aren't Yoruba then I'm not African. Be proud of your heritage, don't allow common WAEC failure poise you into denying your people. It's abomination.
Let me even pretend I didn't see where you were even accusing the Northern states of having miracle centres. In fact I've known it today that the places where you can never cheat in an exam are Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo and Osun grin

I'm an Igbo gal from abia state undecided
I just said dat bkus I know idiotttz lyk u would start saying I'm supporting Yorubas bkus I'm Yoruba.

abt the 'northern states' accusation, I'm simply stating true facts. so bliv it, or go to hell smiley
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Kassidy90(m): 12:30pm On Feb 06, 2016
lolzzzz:
This is the list of performance for states.
Abia - 1st
Anambra - 2nd
Edo - 3rd
Rivers - 4th
Imo - 5th
Lagos - 6th
Bayelsa - 7th
Delta - 8th
Enugu -9th
Ebonyi - 10th
Ekiti - 11th
Kaduna - 12th
Ondo - 13th
Abuja - 14th
Kogi - 15th
Benue - 16th
Akwa Ibom - 17th
Kwara - 18th
Ogun - 19th
Cross River - 20th
Taraba - 21st
Plateau - 22nd
Nassarawa -23rd
Kano - 24th
Borno - 25th
Oyo - 26th
Niger - 27th
Adamawa -28th
Osun -29th
Sokoto - 30th
Bauchi - 31st
Kebbi - 32nd
Katsina - 33rd)
Gombe - 34th
Jigawa - 35th
Zamfara - 36th
Yobe - LAST.

Yorubas have been chanting miracle centre in the east ( sounds to me like when Madrid blames the referee for losing to Barcelona by 4 goals to 0), so my question is

"Is it also miracle centres that made a boko haram state like borno beat Oyo and osun state in performance?"

How possible will a miracle centre work in such a crisis zone?

Is it also miracle centre that made Kaduna beat all Yoruba states (except ekiti, thank God for fayose)?

Please let's stop wailing and whining after losing a match, my advise for you is to brazen up and make sure that you perform better next year. every region is involved in this miracle centre of a thing.

Go to the newsdesk, you will notice abia and anambra have invested hugely in education over the years and this is what is paying off, TA orji didn't do anything in abia but he build standard classroom blocks for nearly all villages in abia. Its paying off now.

Yorubas should take it as a challenge and fasten their belts. Stop crying fowl.
So what?
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by SonOfEl(m): 12:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
rottable:
. lawma no fit carry my trash, I swear

Thats because you are rotten, as proven by your moniker.
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by SonOfEl(m): 12:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
akinyeleaa:

Wail on

Hate on....
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by misreal(m): 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
bellyjean:
Lmaoooo. OP is clearly ignorant or he hasnt stayed in the east.

I served in ebonyi state and I can emphatically say with empirical evidences that the examination malpractices in Ebonyi and its environs is massive and I haven't witnessed such in my life before.

@OP WAEC/NECO is beans over there. On important subjects days like Maths, Eng, Chem, Phy, a WAEC invigilator can go back home with #25,000. He releases the questions and teachers of the miracle centre solve them and photocopies are made for as many students that paid for miracles grin. If an invigilator is so lucky that he is posted to a booming miracle centre to invigilate 3 of those hot subjects, chaii that's like #75,000. How much does wAeC/NECO even pay him/her monthly?.

@OP if you really want to support your claims, kindly ask JAMB (mind you it's CBT not PAPER anymore) to show you their figures statistically and geographically, I tell you, you would be amazed and pity our secondary school students in the east and nigeria at large.

However, to be honest, education has improved at the secondary school level thanks to good corpers from good schools serving in these local schools. By the time I started teaching ss1 students Maths, Physics and chemistry, they thought I was a god. But by the time I waas passing out some of them can even solve problems better than their seniors.

@OP don't be deceived and/stop deceiving your self, malpractice is still at large in Nigerian schools. Thanks to Jamb for CBT, by the time WAEC/NECO follow suit, we will know the true state of our secondary school education.
you r correct my bros.....

1 Like

Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2016
you are right Yorubas are intelligent, Ibos are also.
EroticAngelina:
tribalist much undecided

I'm not a Yoruba gal, buh yorubas are very intelligent and educated people.
instead if attacking them, why not ask why Hausa states got higher marks. We all know that its mainly in all these Hausa states dat miracle center is prominent, and the pass mark for those states are lower than other states, cos its believed the educational level of the hausas is lower than the rest.

Partiality is not cool.
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by eitsei(m): 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2016
bellyjean:
Lmaoooo. OP is clearly ignorant or he hasnt stayed in the east.

I served in ebonyi state and I can emphatically say with empirical evidences that the examination malpractices in Ebonyi and its environs is massive and I haven't witnessed such in my life before.

@OP WAEC/NECO is beans over there. On important subjects days like Maths, Eng, Chem, Phy, a WAEC invigilator can go back home with #25,000. He releases the questions and teachers of the miracle centre solve them and photocopies are made for as many students that paid for miracles grin. If an invigilator is so lucky that he is posted to a booming miracle centre to invigilate 3 of those hot subjects, chaii that's like #75,000. How much does wAeC/NECO even pay him/her monthly?.

@OP if you really want to support your claims, kindly ask JAMB (mind you it's CBT not PAPER anymore) to show you their figures statistically and geographically, I tell you, you would be amazed and pity our secondary school students in the east and nigeria at large.

However, to be honest, education has improved at the secondary school level thanks to good corpers from good schools serving in these local schools. By the time I started teaching ss1 students Maths, Physics and chemistry, they thought I was a god. But by the time I waas passing out some of them can even solve problems better than their seniors.

@OP don't be deceived and/stop deceiving your self, malpractice is still at large in Nigerian schools. Thanks to Jamb for CBT, by the time WAEC/NECO follow suit, we will know the true state of our secondary school education.
if am not mistaken for the past two years or so, the best students in waec are from the South west
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by SonOfEl(m): 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2016
eitsei:
if am not mistaken for the past two years or so, the best students in waec are from the South west

Guy you are mistaken. Its been south east for the past two years....
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by eitsei(m): 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2016
SonOfEl:

Guy you are mistaken. Its been south east for the past two years....
Google am
2011- tolulope falokun
2012- folafoluwa oginni
2013- Oloruntoba ogunfolaji
2014- Samuel nder from benue state (neither from Southwest nor southeast)....... Get ur facts right
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
The question we should be asking is not which state is better....but what happens next after the SSCE?

The truth is that WASSCE as an exam tests how you take the exam. It is not an indicator of how well the education sector in the state is, or how good its schools are.

The SE leads. Good.Now...what does the SE have to show for its good performance in the WASSCE?

How many jobs have been created by the students who passed in times past? Are the new students who passed WASSCE over the last ten years doing their bit to imporve the SE economy?

Passes in exams mean nothing....it is what is done with that knowledge that concerns me. And that leads to my main grouse.

The fact is....every year....lots of students pass WASSCE....go to university....then graduate.....and do what?

They go to work in banks and oil companies....ie white collar jobs...that do nothing for the economy.

So...stop boasting about SSCE results. (And before you jump on me...I am not from the SW, SE or the North). Instead....boast about what the education does for the economy of Nigeria. Education is worthless....when it is not producing benefits in the long run. Abia state has no industries and has had no industries for the last twenty years.

4 Likes

Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2016
EroticAngelina:

I'm an Igbo girl. believe it or not undecided

never!... we dont produce ur type
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by octopusfreaky(f): 8:54pm On Feb 06, 2016
Im proud to be a Nigerian .Nigerian youths pls wake up jere and do better in your studies ,i wonder the level of reasoning this Op gatss I dont do tribalistic ishhh?
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Chukazu: 10:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
adipemcanis1:
The question we should be asking is not which state is better....but what happens next after the SSCE?

The truth is that WASSCE as an exam tests how you take the exam. It is not an indicator of how well the education sector in the state is, or how good its schools are.

The SE leads. Good.Now...what does the SE have to show for its good performance in the WASSCE?

How many jobs have been created by the students who passed in times past? Are the new students who passed WASSCE over the last ten years doing their bit to imporve the SE economy?

Passes in exams mean nothing....it is what is done with that knowledge that concerns me. And that leads to my main grouse.

The fact is....every year....lots of students pass WASSCE....go to university....then graduate.....and do what?

They go to work in banks and oil companies....ie white collar jobs...that do nothing for the economy.

So...stop boasting about SSCE results. (And before you jump on me...I am not from the SW, SE or the North). Instead....boast about what the education does for the economy of Nigeria. Education is worthless....when it is not producing benefits in the long run. Abia state has no industries and has had no industries for the last twenty years.

prove to me that your state has more industry than Aba in Abia State
am waiting..
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 06, 2016
Chukazu:

am waiting..

Am afraid you missed the wood for the trees...or the trees for the wood.

My point is not to bash Abia....but to point out that good performance in education is not necessarily good when it is not producing the result needed.

The fact is....I would be very happy if Abia's leadership in SSCE means that ten years down the road...there are lots of businesses based on innovative ideas. And not just Abia...the rest of Nigeria.

Getting a good score in SSCE...only to just get a clerical job six years later....not good at all.

That's my point. Accept it if you will....or not.
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by laplace19(m): 1:49am On Feb 07, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Am afraid you missed the wood for the trees...or the trees for the wood.

My point is not to bash Abia....but to point out that good performance in education is not necessarily good when it is not producing the result needed.

The fact is....I would be very happy if Abia's leadership in SSCE means that ten years down the road...there are lots of businesses based on innovative ideas. And not just Abia...the rest of Nigeria.

Getting a good score in SSCE...only to just get a clerical job six years later....not good at all.

That's my point. Accept it if you will....or not.

Out of 36 states in Nigeria you choose Abia as a point of reference?...
Are there no states abia is far better than in terms of industrialisation?....

Una hypocrisy dey tire me most times
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 07, 2016
laplace19:

Out of 36 states in Nigeria you choose Abia as a point of reference?...
Are there no states abia is far better than in terms of industrialisation?....

Una hypocrisy dey tire me most times

I apologise for not helping you understand my point.

Good am to you.
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by laplace19(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Good am to you.

Good am too.
Happy Blissful Sunday
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2016
grin[quote author=Chukazu post=42686830]
am waiting.. [/quoteu
U didn't understand the point the poster is projecting? using abia as an exemple does not exempt other states. let us make sense without going for each other's throat. besides what is the point of education when u are not making meaning impact in ur immediate society!
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by HARDBUOI: 10:18am On Feb 07, 2016
EroticAngelina:
tribalist much undecided

I'm not a Yoruba gal, buh yorubas are very intelligent and educated people.
instead if attacking them, why not ask why Hausa states got higher marks. We all know that its mainly in all these Hausa states dat miracle center is prominent, and the pass mark for those states are lower than other states, cos its believed the educational level of the hausas is lower than the rest.

Partiality is not cool.

nah u can never be igbo my dear...i always see u on anti igbo trade.
but if u are,,, then there is a mistake somewhere.... go question ur mum about the man dat sired u.
im just saying my dear.... AS HONEST AS I CAN B cool
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by SonOfEl(m): 10:38pm On Feb 07, 2016
eitsei:
Google am
2011- tolulope falokun
2012- folafoluwa oginni
2013- Oloruntoba ogunfolaji
2014- Samuel nder from benue state (neither from Southwest nor southeast)....... Get ur facts right

Dude, we are talking about overall performance in regions, not individuals.... So far, south east states like anambra, abia, and IMO has been emerging top. GET YOUR PRIORITIES RIGHT.
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by SonOfEl(m): 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
adipemcanis1:

Good am to you.

You are so fake....
Re: One Question For The Yorubas On The Recent Waec Result Performance. by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 08, 2016
SonOfEl:

You are so fake....

And I thank you for telling me the truth.Hope it makes me more real.

Good morning and have a good day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Clarifies 2016 Admission Posting Strategy / What can separate this two Gorillas fighting intensely! / Lagos State Model College Igbonla Oldies: Here We Go!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.