Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,162 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum (1650 Views)

What Programming Language Do I Need To Create App / Astro Programming Language 0.2 (indefinite release) / Which Programing Language Do I Need To Create A Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by donblade855: 5:39pm On Feb 05, 2016
Someone just asked me this question. I told him that he need just html/html5, CSS and javascript to design a forum like nairaland or anyother forum. Am i not right?
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by AgoraRoad(m): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2016
I used help with phpbp but mines is all custom check it out in my signature
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:14pm On Feb 05, 2016
You are correct
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
You are correct
really?...
what about the serve side scripting.. Html, css &js aint gonna do that for you..
@op, aside all you mention you need a way to connect wit the database to store and retrieve info, php, python, ruby and others can do that for you
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
CALEB65:

really?...
what about the serve side scripting.. Html, css &js aint gonna do that for you..
@op, aside all you mention you need a way to connect wit the database to store and retrieve info, php, python, ruby and others can do that for you
true nd Tanx
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
true nd Tanx
you're welcome sir
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by princeifynicky(m): 11:23am On Feb 06, 2016
who can design a forum, and how much does it cost??
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by Olumyco(m): 2:09pm On Feb 06, 2016
CALEB65:

really?...

The Op and ANTONINEUTRON r correct. JavaScript too does server side work now. There is client side JavaScript and also Server side JavaScript. Av u not heard abt Nodejs?
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 2:13pm On Feb 06, 2016
Olumyco:

The Op and ANTONINEUTRON r correct. JavaScript too does server side work now. There is client side JavaScript and also Server side JavaScript. Av u not heard abt Nodejs?
yea! I have
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2016
Olumyco:

Node.js was written in C, C++ & JS
Only js cant do server side
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by Olumyco(m): 2:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
CALEB65:

Node.js was written in C, C++ & JS
Only js cant do server side

Same with php for Apache, Java for Java Compiler and JVM, Python interpreters and others. All of them all use runtime/server dat are developed with other programming languages most especially c and c++
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2016
Olumyco:

Same with php for Apache, Java for Tomcat, Python for Django and others. All of them all use runtime/server dat are developed with others languages most especially c and c++
umm never knew,
but the fact is javascript alone cant do server side like python, php and others
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by Olumyco(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2016
CALEB65:

umm never knew,
but the fact is javascript alone cant do server side like python, php and others

It can. Read abt nodejs. I code with Js. And I av build a server side application with it. I used Js for it...

Sorry Django is a framework and Tomcat is written in Java but d interpreter for python is written in C . Java Compiler called Javac the most popular java compiler is written in C. Most of the JVM java virtual machines r coded in c/c++

Nodejs is a runtime for executing JavaScript on d server. It will interest u 2 know dat even in JavaScript u code ur server urself.
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 2:46pm On Feb 06, 2016
Waw!.. That's great news, i have alot to learn i guess. please if you have some materials that can help a dummy like me
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by CALEB65(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by fattbabakay(m): 2:47pm On Feb 06, 2016
princeifynicky:
if u really need it...I'm here >>> 08147922560
Re: Which Programming Language Do I Need To Design A Forum by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 08, 2016
princeifynicky:
i can design a forum for you for just 50000naira

(1) (Reply)

Please Criticize It, Condemn It / Most Popular Programming Language In Nigeria. / Asp.net And Microsoft .net Technology Followership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.