Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

My Opinion: Memorizing Mathematical Proofs Is A Waste - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Opinion: Memorizing Mathematical Proofs Is A Waste (358 Views)

17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) / Girl Explains Her Dabbing Skills In A Mathematical Way (Photos) / MOUA, Umudike Is The Best School In the East, My Opinion. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion: Memorizing Mathematical Proofs Is A Waste by kwinsliy(m): 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2016
I in particular don't like stressing my brain to learn anything that won't b of any use to me in everyday life.
a good example of such knowledge are the memorizing of mathematical proofs.
it is good to understand a formula proof while studying the particular topic but memorizing is of no good use. imagine u want to calculate the total electric energy consumed in your house for the month, instead of just slotting in your formula and values to get the answer you need, you start proving how the energy formula was derived. only to arrive at the same formula u were still going to use without troubling yourself . its just useless.
what do u personally think about it? your opinions are welcomed.
Re: My Opinion: Memorizing Mathematical Proofs Is A Waste by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2016
This one pass my power.
Re: My Opinion: Memorizing Mathematical Proofs Is A Waste by DebbyChris(f): 7:46pm On Feb 05, 2016
I don't memorize any proof, i just know it understand it and the formula. Thats all
Re: My Opinion: Memorizing Mathematical Proofs Is A Waste by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
what about circle theorem
does it worth memorizing

(1) (Reply)

Finally, JAMB Registration For 2016 Is Close - Exam Is Next! / Sap Tpm Online Training In Dubai,france / Study Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.