Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

My Gtbank Account Has Been Restricted - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Gtbank Account Has Been Restricted (15561 Views)

Tokkida Semlek: Man Refunds N800k Paid To His GTBank Account By Mistake (Photos) / My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help / My Gtbank Account Was Hacked. Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Gtbank Account Has Been Restricted by dotcomnamename: 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
Hi guys,

Has any Non Resident Nigerian (NRN) GTBank customer experience this recently? I received the below email from GTBank few days ago. I sent them an email that there is no BVN Centre here in Ireland and i have infarct asked this question times without number and they've been telling me that my registered address here will represent my BVN until there is one here. Till date there is no BVN enrollment centre here, so i see no reason why they will restrict my account base on BVN. I can't make any transfer from my account. Below is the last email reply i received from them.

This is the first email from them:

[b]Dear bla bla bla,

In line with the Central Bank of Nigeria's (CBN) directive that all Non Resident Nigerian (NRN) accounts without Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) should be restricted from banking transactions, please note that all GTBank NRN accounts without BVNs have been restricted from banking transactions effective Monday, February 01, 2016.

As a result of this, please note that your account has been restricted. The restriction placed on your account is temporary, and will be automatically removed once you enrol for your BVN at any of the designated offshore enrolment centres (OIS & VFS), or link a BVN to your account.

BVN enrolment will continue in designated offshore enrolment centres (OIS & VFS) after the 31st of January, 2016 deadline.

Please remember that if you have already obtained your BVN from any of the designated offshore enrolment centres, you can link it to your GTBank account using any of the channels below:

Internet Banking platform
Corporate website

For further enquiries, kindly visit GTBank corporate website or call GTConnect; our fully interactive self-service contact centre on +234 01 4480000, +234 80 2900 2900 or +234 80 3900 3900.

Thank you for banking with us.[/b]

----------------------------------

THIS IS THEIR LAST REPLY:

Good day Sir/Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your mail and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please be informed that the BVN is a Central Bank of Nigeria initiative and accounts were automatically restricted for no BVN after the deadline.

Hence customers will soon be provided with details of more BVN enrolment centres as CBN is also aware this and we are still expecting a directive from them.

Once again, we regret all inconveniences.

Thank you for choosing Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

Regards,

What do you think i should do?
Re: My Gtbank Account Has Been Restricted by liwan: 7:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Huh? shocked shocked omo see gobe!
Mine still working though I don't bank with gtb
Re: My Gtbank Account Has Been Restricted by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 05, 2016
Call GTconnect and tear for them on phone When they bang phone on you. Call back and talk like a gentle and ask the them to remove the restriction for assp.

Or find some in Nigeria you can trust to go visit a any of their branch in Nigeria on your behalf and get some update for you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / How New Cash Reserve Policy Will Breed Corruption, By Expert / A-Z Mini Importation(from Beginning To The End)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.