Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ (691 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / Factors That Caused Muhammad To Reject Christianity And Start His Own Religion: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ by Ndipe(m): 3:29am On Jul 03, 2009
Hear O' Israel, HaShem is our G-d, HaShem alone"

Isaiah 48:16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The missionaries will say that Isaiah 48:16 shows that the "Trinity" is found in the Tanach, which they call the "Old Testament."

The Reply is: The verse says "Draw near to Me and hear this: from the beginning, I did not speak in secret; from the time anything existed, I was there. "And now the L-rd G-d has sent me, [the prophet Isaiah] endowed with His spirit [i.e. the spirit of prophecy, a gift]." If you read the 2 verses above this one, you will see that the chapter is dealing with Cyrus as G-d's instrament. G-d has planned this from the beginning, and is now implementing his plan. There is nothing in this verse that says anything about Jesus or the "Trinity". The "Trinity" is, in fact, an idea alien to the entire Tanach.

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/1551/prophets/is48v16.htm

Ndipe's comment: The author/s in their in their attempt to deny the Messiaship of Jesus Christ have only inaccurately portrayed mixed up Prophet Isaiah as one who existed from the beginning.
Re: Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ by MUZBO(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2009
Is that why you people hate them?
Re: Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ by olabowale(m): 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
@Ndipe: If the read, by the Children of Israel who actually are the benefiary of OT, is not referring to Isiah, the Speaker who addressed his people, then we can not exclude any prophet who came after him from the possible person he was talking about, if you think it is a speech for the thing to happen later. My opinion is that you can never know the Book of the Children better than them, because it is not in your language. They the Children of Israel dream in that language or should be dreaming in that language if they had kept their language still in its original form.

It will be impossible for a non-igbo speaker to know more igbo than you. You do speak igbo. no? You do dream in igbo, sometimes. no?

Therefore when you put Jesus in this possible position, then do not forget more successful prophets who ministered within the Children of Israel's bloodline; Solmon, David his father and others to be included, yes, John as well as Jesus. You see there is always the murkiness that comes with, always the Bible! The verses are for the most part not clear in meaning and this lend to self wish meanings or interpretations!

The speech of Isiah may actually be refering to some past prophet, since all human souls were removed from the body of Adam, it may actually be he, Adam. We are called his children, hence he was there alive on earth when we were being created! No wonder that Jesus was refering only to Abraham as the one he "was". He was there in a soul form before Abraham came on earth body and soul as a human. But Jesus never went back to make that reference to Adam, because he will be incorrect, since soul occurred in heaven before body and soul on earth as human. Heck I was before Abraham, too. I definitely was before Jesus, who came later!
Re: Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ by PastorAIO: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2009
We are back to the matter of Biblical exegesis. How is it that something that is understood in a certain way in one context can have another meaning in another context.

Does God have a sense of humour?

I ask because there are such things as double entendres and ambiguity that humans are capable of. Could we say that God does not share this trait with us?
Re: Jews Attempt Incorrectly To Reject The Messiaship Of Jesus Christ by Ndipe(m): 9:53pm On Jul 06, 2009
olabowale:

@Ndipe: If the read, by the Children of Israel who actually are the benefiary of OT, is not referring to Isiah, the Speaker who addressed his people, then we can not exclude any prophet who came after him from the possible person he was talking about, if you think it is a speech for the thing to happen later. My opinion is that you can never know the Book of the Children better than them, because it is not in your language. They the Children of Israel dream in that language or should be dreaming in that language if they had kept their language still in its original form.

It will be impossible for a non-igbo speaker to know more igbo than you. You do speak igbo. no? You do dream in igbo, sometimes. no?
Therefore when you put Jesus in this possible position, then do not forget more successful prophets who ministered within the Children of Israel's bloodline; Solmon, David his father and others to be included, yes, John as well as Jesus. You see there is always the murkiness that comes with, always the Bible! The verses are for the most part not clear in meaning and this lend to self wish meanings or interpretations!

The speech of Isiah may actually be refering to some past prophet, since all human souls were removed from the body of Adam, it may actually be he, Adam. We are called his children, hence he was there alive on earth when we were being created! No wonder that Jesus was refering only to Abraham as the one he "was". He was there in a soul form before Abraham came on earth body and soul as a human. But Jesus never went back to make that reference to Adam, because he will be incorrect, since soul occurred in heaven before body and soul on earth as human. Heck I was before Abraham, too. I definitely was before Jesus, who came later!

Wole Soyinka's mastery of English Language is more refined than some of the natives of the country.

(1) (Reply)

The True Faith / Jesus Never Existed / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.