Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? (777 Views)

Are Black People Socially Conditioned To Hate Themselves / Let's Talk About The Arab Slave Trade Of Black Africans / Are East Africans Really BLACK???? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? by Okamiye(m): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2016
Just came across this article on Braintem.org. Really interesting to read.

I had a debate with a close friend the other day on the reason why black Africa is much less developed than the western world even though science and archaeology has proven that black Africans were the first humans to walk the earth.
Disclaimer: We are both blacks, i and my friend, so this is not a racist post.

Back to business:
My friend's position is that Africans are duller by tiny fractions of intelligence.

So tiny that it cannot be measured in any way except through observing the progression of a group of black people over time as compared to their white counterparts.
He theorized that the slightly lower intelligence is as a result of pattern of thinking not necessarily the capacity to think.

I objected the first point, so the intellectually tasking debate started...

His only support for his theory is that
Historically, the black man has almost always been defeated every time there is a clash. He said that black Africa has always been outsmarted technologically through all the ages. Blacks are always the ones being invaded.

Egypt and south Africa were not credible examples because they are not entirely black Africans.

In defense, I pointed out that history is filled with
civilizations upon civilizations springing up in different places and at different times.

Old civilizations surrender to the new. At this point in time, its not just the
black man that is in power. He was powerful back in the day. I gave examples with the civilisation of Mesopotamia, Egypt, Arabia, Greece, Europe and now America. They all rose and fell over time

But you know, this my theory is partly faulted by the fact that there was not a time when the black colonised other races. Well, except at one period in history. That was when the black man was the only homo sapiens existing on earth.

The black man appeared on earth somewhere in east Africa about 250,000 years ago. Homo sapiens stayed in Africa for about 140,000 years before some of those black homo sapiens migrated to the middle east by crossing over through Egypt.

When they crossed they met other types of humans called Neanderthals. These people of the homo genus where more muscular and had shorter limbs.

Neanderthals are the closest extinct relatives of modern humans, and lived in Europe and Asia.

The other homo sapiens that got to the place now called China met other types of humans too.

Scientific evidence points out that they co-habited for about 1000 - 5000 years before those other types of humans disappeared leaving only homo sapiens.

According to life science:

Neanderthals went extinct in Europe about 40,000 years ago, giving them a millennia to coexist with modern humans culturally and s*exually, new findings suggest. This research also suggests that modern humans did not cause Neanderthals to rapidly go extinct, as some researchers have previously suggested, scientists added.

But here is where it becomes more interesting, the human genome mapping concluded in 2008 shows that
people currently living in Europe and Asia have up to 2.1% DNA of Neanderthals.

They had inter bred!

[A facial reconstruction of a neandatherl that lived about 50,000 years ago. Some of them had red hair and red skin. Their short staunch nature is an adaptation to the cold weather. It helps them conserve heat. They had equal or larger brains compared to that of the homo sapiens]

Those in China have that of the other humans they met there too.
But black people have 100% homo sapiens DNA.

So, factually, the black man is the only pure homo sapiens if I may put it that way.

This has a racial implication. Does the 2.1% make Europeans and Asians smarter by fractions of intelligence?

Fractions so tiny that it cant be measured on individual bases but on the rate of progress of a group of black people over time.

If you say the brain capacity of the black man is inferior, there is no evidence to support this.
In fact, scientific findings support that nothing is wrong with the capacity of the noble black mind.
But you and I know that black man's results are not measuring up well enough to those of other races.

A friend of mine who lived in Nigeria for a while before crossing over to the US once told me "If you pause the united states for 50 years and ask Nigeria to hurriedly develop as fast as possible, Nigeria may still not catch up after 50 years of rapid development."
Hurtful, isn't it?

But what of the pattern of thinking argument?

It is possible that the first homo sapiens that crossed over to meet the Neanderthals had a tendency to be aggressive. A bloody quest for power.

But this is not a new thing, all homo sapiens exhibit this characteristics .

Therefore the quest for power is not really the pattern of thinking that made other races different from the black race. This leaves us with only one more characteristic - the thirst for exploration.

It might have been that it is the thirst for exploration that spurred the first homo sapiens to cross into unknown territories in the middle east.
To explore, they had to invent several things such as boats and navigation systems.

The thirst for exploration makes them question every thing, try out everything and even die in the process.

In one life time, Alexander the great conquered from Greece to India.
Genghis khan conquered the whole of what is now known as China.
Ghenghis Khan is just one man.
Ferdinand Magellan sailed round the world. Columbus crossed over to America.

But this kind of exploration and curiosity seems to be largely missing in the black African history.
It seems the black man is comfortable with just enough to get by. There are occasionally great mental and physical explorers but one tree cannot make a forest.

The quest for exploration was largely missing so there was not enough wars, not enough inventions , not enough questions asked. not enough places traveled to.

There are numerous examples of this behavioural pattern still observable in black societies of today.

The general mentality is "Let's not worry about research or try to be better as long as we can still survive."

The government is bad, but if we can still survive, that's OK, let's not revolt.
A politician stole money, got arrested and freed. That's OK, as long as we can still survive.
Oh, there are other planets in the solar system? No need to explore them as long as we can still survive on earth.

What does Quantum and string theory say? who cares? can it buy my daily bread?

Should we dig deep down the earth to know what is inside? No need, as long as the surface of the earth can still sustain us.
Space travel, Artificial intelligence and driverless cars? Drones delivering free internet? why do people like to imitate God, lets not invest in them. Don't even think about it.
We can still get by without them.

Long lasting batteries? Why are you worrying yourself? As long as there is enough electricity to charge your phone at the end of the day.
No need to research anything.

Are we going to be invaded and recolonised? Don't worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself. We will know what to do when the invasion starts.

A politician stashes stolen money in a bank abroad, why stress your self protesting it, what if they shoot you in the protest?
Why try to be a better leader when I can seat through my tenure without doing much?

You can find many more examples of this pattern of thinking.

In conclusion, there is no evidence though, but it seems that pure black men don't ask enough questions, we are not duller but we are comfortable with just enough to get by.
So this is just a debate and nothing concrete. I just outlined our positions in the debate, our findings and conclusions. What do you think?

Article from http://braintem.org/twists/view/132260/

- See more at: http://braintem.org/twists/view/132260/#sthash.S5r3Mgx6.5U8UHuTS.dpuf
Re: Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? by scholes0(m): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2016
Mtcheew
What can other homo sapiens do that you can't?
Re: Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? by Okamiye(m): 12:47am On Feb 09, 2016
scholes0:
Mtcheew

Not sure you even read half the article before commenting. Says a lot
Re: Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2016
Typical black man... you didn't even read the whole article before commenting.

scholes0:
Mtcheew
Re: Are Black Africans Really Duller Than Other Homo Sapiens? by ashjay001(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2016
My own opinion is: it has to do with mentality. Even b4 I got scientific proof, av always been of d mind dat, Africans migrated to colonise Europe, though I didn't factor in d Neanderthals.

My thoughts have been on enlightenment. I believe d brave, outcasts, outside-d-box thinkers made it out of Africa.

D typical African, b4 d coming of Europeans had too many taboos- sacred forests, ogbanjes(abiku), witchcraft, twin births etc, such dat we didn't/dont ask enough questions of happenings around us. Religion sells out in Africa, as d masses practice faith to a fault. Until d Whiteman researched otherwise, d typical African would burn, cut n mutilate d body of d ogbanje, even outcasting d mother. They didn't even try to find a worldly explanation.

That I believe is what limits us, compared to other races. Till date, our politicians visits spiritualists; religion is such dat, decisions are arrived at, at d say so of dieties or their messengers. Most Africans aren't curious enough to search/delve for a worldly/logical reason.

D ones dat did/do, end up living on d outskirts of society, labelled heretics. I believe it was ancestors like dat who left to colonise Europe.

My uninformed opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

African Movies Show Our Inferiority Complex - The Reunion Black Family / 19 Things That Might Give You A Heart Attack / Women In Saudi Arabia Call For End To Oppression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.