Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Barbaric Punishment for Infidelity - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Barbaric Punishment for Infidelity (709 Views)

Punishment For Rapists In Uganda - (photos And Video) / Barbaric: A Headless Corpse Found In Osun / Crowd Cheers As Muslim Woman Is Being Punished In Public For Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barbaric Punishment for Infidelity by NikkyIvy(f): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2016
I get pissed off when unruliness becomes the order of the day and Law Officers who are supposed to maintain Law and Order in our society look the other way. Why would a man escape being charged to court for humiliating his wife and forcing her to walk the street nude just because she cheated on him?

I will never encourage infidelity or the breaking of a promise to be faithful and sexually exclusive, but forcing another man’s daughter or the mother of your children to parade the street naked because of your broken heart or battered ego is demeaning, barbaric, definitely unacceptable, unlawful and an offense.

The reality is that being a brute and tarnishing that woman’s image will never make you feel any better and you won’t be the first to be cheated on. Whoever does that to anyone should be locked up behind bars.

I used to think it was a Nigerian thing because I have read numerous stories of heart broken husbands who, after catching their wives in the act of infidelity, decided to punish them by stripping them naked and parading them either alone or with their lovers on the street in the view of everyone even children; the things we expose our kids to…sigh undecided.

I was surprised when I read the News of a New York man who allegedly forced his wife to parade the street nude while he videoed her. Her crime was that he caught her sexting seven other men . Okay, it is not peculiar to Nigeria, the New York man did the same thing most Nigerian men are guilty of, but unlike these Nigerian men, he turned himself in and was arraigned on charges of Choking, Endangering the welfare of a child, Coercion and Assault. In fact the video which went viral was so disturbing it prompted a response from the Mayor’s wife!

How many of our numerous First Ladies have ever spoken out against Nigerian men who put their wives through the trauma and shame of walking the street naked? How many of these men have been arrested for assaulting their wives in this manner? To these men I ask; how would you feel if the victim were to be your daughter or you? Besides, recently a wife dragged her husband around their neighborhood naked for cheating on her with the house help...hmmm ok oh!!

Let’s call a spade a spade and not a garden spoon. This kind of behavior is crude and should not be encouraged. Civilization is not just about posing for tabloids, answering the first lady of a state or nation, driving posh cars, living in mansions, hanging out in five star hotels or enjoying vacations abroad. Nigerians must learn to act, speak and be civilized in their actions.

#liveandletlive
Re: Barbaric Punishment for Infidelity by chynie: 12:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
the annoying part is that the men cheat with pride as if is their right to f**k all puxxy before they die
Re: Barbaric Punishment for Infidelity by NikkyIvy(f): 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2016
chynie:
the annoying part is that the men cheat with pride as if is their right to f**k all puxxy before they die

And no one gets to raise an eyebrow at them

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught In Possession Of Human Head Sentenced To Death / . / 13 Killed During Cult Clashes In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.