Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,495 members, 7,958,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC (3501 Views)

Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? / 4 Places You CANNOT Work In Nigeria Without NYSC Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Kulhumble(f): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
I am an OND holder, if i should go for my HND i wil just spend two years and graduate at age 27yrs and eligible for NYSC. However if i go for Direct Entry (DE) i wil spend four years and graduate at the age of 29/30 years which means i may likely go for NYSC.. Pls which one should i go for?

I have already gained university admission via Direct Entry. Just confused.

Your comments would be highly appreciated.
Re: Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Niyeal(m): 2:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
U can know ur admission year and date but not ur graduation. Unless u go private uni.

1 Like

Re: Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Majesticniyi(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
I also went for OND before going for my B.Sc and so I can authoritatively talk on this. Please go for your B.Scand forget anything HND. You would end up going back for PGD and even that doesn't stop the discrimination you would face in the labour market. having opportunity for DE is a great opportunity....don't waste it. I know pple would say all sort of things to defend HND but don't listen to someone who is being biased....I've been to both!

1 Like

Re: Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Kulhumble(f): 5:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Majesticniyi:
I also went for OND before going for my B.Sc and so I can authoritatively talk on this. Please go for your B.Scand forget anything HND. You would end up going back for PGD and even that doesn't stop the discrimination you would face in the labour market. having opportunity for DE is a great opportunity....don't waste it. I know pple would say all sort of things to defend HND but don't listen to someone who is being biased....I've been to both!
Tnks so much. God bless.. The issue is just NYSC. HND wil take me two years so i wil graduate at age 27yrs but DE wil take me four years and i wil graduate at age 29/30 years and may not be eligible for NYSC. That is wat made me to be confused.
Re: Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Majesticniyi(m): 2:10am On Feb 10, 2016
Kulhumble:

Tnks so much. God bless.. The issue is just NYSC. HND wil take me two years so i wil graduate at age 27yrs but DE wil take me four years and i wil graduate at age 29/30 years and may not be eligible for NYSC. That is wat made me to be confused.

who has NYSC ever helped? forget that thing....you would get exemption letter, won't you? go for the B.Sc.... my own cents

1 Like

Re: Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Kulhumble(f): 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
Majesticniyi:

who has NYSC ever helped? forget that thing....you would get exemption letter, won't you? go for the B.Sc.... my own cents
Tnks bro.. Pls is dere any diff between NYSC discharge certificate and exemption certificate in labour market?
Re: Going For HND And Do NYSC Or Going For Bsc Without NYSC by Majesticniyi(m): 9:43am On Feb 11, 2016
Kulhumble:

Tnks bro.. Pls is dere any diff between NYSC discharge certificate and exemption certificate in labour market?

As far as I know, the answer is no...atleast in NBC where I work.

(1) (Reply)

Ezeiruaku Ifenyinwa The Youth Corper assaulted in Calabar Arrives Lagos (video) / NYSC Orientation Camp: All You Need To Know, Preparation And Requirements / How Can I Correct A Wrong State Of Origin On NYSC Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.