Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,758 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Does Our Food, Affect Our Immune System? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Our Food, Affect Our Immune System? (924 Views)

Can Premature Expulsion Affect My Chances Of Fathering A Child? / How 2 Boost My Immune System / Black Seed Boost And Enhancer The Immune System Than Moringa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Our Food, Affect Our Immune System? by sunjongs(m): 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2009
Let the living get knowledge to care for his /herself while he lives. please any one has something to contribute go ahead and lets educate ourselves here[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Does Our Food, Affect Our Immune System? by sunjongs(m): 2:40pm On Jul 04, 2009
some one has this to say.
Ok folks, we're going to finish this series on the immune system and the foods we eat; and how the foods we don't eat, affects our immune system. We've beat up a few of the common additives in our food source, just to give you a glance at how the immune system can become suppressed just by what we consume on the daily bases. However, the food part of this series wouldn't be complete without the mention of the need for adequate water and fiber.

So here we go, and I'm almost certain that most of you have heard this over and over again, so, one more time for affect, water.

The human body needs somewhere about 8-10 glasses of clean filtered water per day. I prefer, use and recommend filtered water in place of the tap water because, tap water, is found to have to much bacteria. Not to mention the chlorine, fluoride and the other contaminates (lately we been hearing that prescription medications are showing up in the tap water also). We need clean water to keep our immune system healthy.

Water cleans the cells, while maintaining and flushing out the whole body system. Without the 8-10 glasses of clean water per day, the body wouldn't be able to clean out the metabolic waste products, which block the flow of the much needed nutrients to the cells and organs of the body, to maintain the healthy immune system. Getting the daily supply of good , clean, filtered water, is what we call, a "have to". Remember, we have the should do's, could do's, would do's, wanna do's and the have to"s. Drinking the water is a , have to!!!

Now don't forget your fiber!

Last on our list of "lifestyle habits" and the food we eat, would be, fiber.

In the American diet, we just don't get the proper amount of fiber in our diet to maintain a healthy immune system. Our body needs 30-35 grams of fiber per day for proper digestion. WE don't get the needed amount of fiber from our diet. With our American diet, we're lucky if we get 8-10 grams of dietary fiber per day. Not enough.

A diet low in fiber, with low water intake, adds to the problem of constipation. When constipated, waste matter in the colon just sits there, becomes toxic to the system, and the bowel system becomes a breeding ground for disease. If this condition persist over a prolong period of time, the intestines ability to function properly becomes impaired, causing the lack of nutrients to reach the bloodstream, which may in turn cause further disease.

Sooo, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, drink your water and eat lots of fiber; we just might begin to , look better, feel better and have more energy. Who knows, give it a try , it works for me.

(1) (Reply)

Treated Net (itn) Is The Most Effective Proven Method Of Preventing Malaria. / Why Do We Yawn? / Five Foods That Could Save Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.