Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems (1950 Views)

. / Hospital Management Software / Let's Be Honest Php Sucks When Building Enterprise Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by itb: 8:40am On Feb 10, 2016
This post was inspired by a post by a newbie programmer who designed an EMR solutions and requested for a review.
Though his GUI was off the charts wrong his effort was impressive.
Many programmers have written a lot of codes for hospitals, hotels etc. But most never make a mark or become relevant.
The catch is simple its one thing to write a program but its another to develop a solution.
For those that have tried designing solutions for the healthcare sector. I am an Ehealth consultant in Abuja with a PhD in telemedicine and ehealth and run a firm that provides EMR solutions to more than 20 hospitals in the FCT, I wld make myself available for a few programmers who are interested in building functional solutions for healthcare sector. I would try to find ways to make whatever ideas or solutions come out well or give you easier angles But please make contact if and only if you have passion for what you do. I might be tempted to review solutions that outside healthcare if they really are extremely unique and not copied from other works.
Dr Are
Primeddiagnostics @gmail.com
Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by airsaylongcon: 3:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
Doc,
It's good to see professionals getting involved in this. I gree up in a medical home (dad FRCS General surgeon, mum nurse). One thing I've found though is that docs are still heavily attached to scrawling their fowl scratch handwriting on paper. Worse for the more experienced old school docs. One of my favourite easy to deploy EMR was openEMR. The downside was that it was heavily skewed towards practice in the US so I only deployed for Docs forming US practice in Nigeria. Another more generic one was openHospital. I've monkeyed about with the US Veterans Administration OPENVISTA and I still think it is the most comprehensive especially for teaching hospitals with multiple specialties.

The question or shall I say problem I have with Nigerian programmers getting involved in this is the lack of proper QA testing. These are mission-critical software and require a team of software engineers rather than a lone programmer sitting behind the laptop.

Other worthy of mention
openDental for Dental practices
OpenVet for Veterinary practices

There seems to be a paucity of solutions for optical practices
Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by YungDee06: 3:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
itb:

This post was inspired by a post by a newbie programmer who designed an EMR solutions and requested for a review.
Though his GUI was off the charts wrong his effort was impressive.
Many programmers have written a lot of codes for hospitals, hotels etc. But most never make a mark or become relevant.
The catch is simple its one thing to write a program but its another to develop a solution.
For those that have tried designing solutions for the healthcare sector. I am an Ehealth consultant in Abuja with a PhD in telemedicine and ehealth and run a firm that provides EMR solutions to more than 20 hospitals in the FCT, I wld make myself available for a few programmers who are interested in building functional solutions for healthcare sector. I would try to find ways to make whatever ideas or solutions come out well or give you easier angles But please make contact if and only if you have passion for what you do. I might be tempted to review solutions that outside healthcare if they really are extremely unique and not copied from other works.
Dr Are
Primeddiagnostics @gmail.com

Good day Doctor,
I'll give you a call regarding this. I develop software and websites extensively but lack of required analysis like the process of doing it manually so as to implement in software has been a holding back factors for most of us.
I'll call you sir over the weekend.
Before I call you this is part of what I do....
Get it Cheap and Reliable from Ditco Software.
Let's Register your domain and host for as low as N4,500/yr.

We register and host domains of any level such as (.com, .org, .ng, .com.ng, .org.ng, .co, .tv, .biz, .club, .me etc.)

Sites w/out Database for as low as N4,500/yr. (Domain+Hosting+4 e-mails)
Sites with Database for as low as N6,399/yr. (Domain+Hosting+1 MySQL Db+4 e-mails)

No hidden charges! No server downtime!

======
If you want us design your websites or portal at affordable prices do let us know;
Our Developed & Hosted Websites are;
1. www.fict-ospoly.com
2. www.ecobakeryandevents.com
3. www.biizmart.com
4. www.biomanicenergyltd.com
5. www.dolpark.com.ng
6. www.ditcosoft.com/pinloader (blog)
7. www.ditcosoft.com/backupmanager (blog)
And lots more!
=======

Call/WhatsAPP: 08067496773
Call: 08095862268
Mail: ditcosoft@live.com
Web: www.ditcosoft.com
Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by asalimpo(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by asalimpo(m): 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
@itb
Good that you are so educated. But programming is a different field.
A programmer with only knowledge of a programming language and how to code can create software for
any domain. His software just has to be acceptable to the end user (i.e perform acceptably)
I bet you think your phD gives you more entitlement to market software to your clients but you are wrong.
It's called trial and error for a reason, because, through many iterations and feedback from the users of
your software you can eventually deliver something they really need.

Would a phD in education or any degree in education be required to create software for the education sector?
what about degrees in hotel management?
what about in project management?
what about in accounting/law etc?

Could we simply drop the jargons on things like this or keep it to a minimum?
hotel/supermarket/school software are just database queriers and calculators.
fetch data from the database, present it to the user. compute this.
You dont need a phd or specific degree to do those. If you have, it gives you and edge, but
once the domain is learnt (e.g by interacting with the client), the solution can be replicated.
Your domain knowledge gives you the ability to talk to the client in his own language and to understand him better but using that as an underhand to muscle out non-native solution providers is anti-competitive.

@longsay
all programs have bugs even those written by armies of coders.
That's why they are patches and updates.
A lone programmer does'nt equate to crappy software or vice versa.
Economic restraints may limit the lone programmer but writing off his work because he is a lone
worker is illogical.

1 Like

Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by airsaylongcon: 6:38pm On Feb 13, 2016
asalimpo:
@itb
A programmer with only knowledge of a programming language and how to code can create software for
any domain. His software just has to be acceptable to the end user (i.e perform acceptably)
I bet you think your phD gives you more entitlement to market software to your clients but you are wrong.
It's called trial and error for a reason, because, through many iterations and feedback from the users of

Would a phD in education or any degree in education be required to create software for the education sector?

You dont need a phd or specific degree to do those. If you have, it gives you and edge, but
once the domain is learnt (e.g by interacting with the client), the solution can be replicated.
Your domain knowledge gives you the ability to talk to the client in his own language and to understand him better but using that as an underhand to muscle out non-native solution providers is anti-competitive.

@longsay
Economic restraints may limit the lone programmer but writing off his work because he is a lone
worker is illogical.

I am talking of your regular of the mill programmer you'd find on NL. Believe me none of them do any QA testing
Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by itb: 8:45am On Apr 11, 2016
I [quote author=asalimpo post=42891337]@itb
@longsay
worker is illogical.
[/quohav

I had honestly hoped I won't have to respond to such comments, but after 2 months and questions by others that read your post I would do this for the benefit of learning something new everyday.
Softwares are beautiful and interesting but they are not the same as solutions. An average programmer in Nigeria has developed at least 15 different softwares in 3-5 years. But out of 15 not more than 2 is being used in homes, offices etc. In other words designing, modifying and building softwares are fine but are just a means to an end, its only when your software is used and solves problem that it becomes a solution and becomes valuable. The feeling I get when I enter corporate organizations whether large or small and I find them using my solutions cannot be quantified. Various programmers can design better softwares than AVG or Microsoft word but very few programmers can become the solutions these products or brands are. Lots of people actually have better codes even on their laptops than Facebook or WhatsApp but very few have become solutions that these names ve become.
Thus in summary, a software is not the same as solutions, all I try to do is to convert all these softwares (collection of codes) into solutions. For me to become a solution, a software must be able to solve a problem but for that to happen it must
1. Be branded one way or the other
2. It must be wanted and acceptable by users.
3. It must ride on a platform that can compete with other providers.
4. It must show a significant growth accross user communities. Etc.
Then, answering you personal sarcastic questions,
(I bet you think your phD gives you more entitlement to market software to your clients but you are wrong.) Yes a PhD in unique fields help you to see what others miss.
Not just that, it gives you all the corporate confidence to interreact with senior executives, never underestimate the power of presentation and packaging, I am also a Medical Doctor and head of computerized healthcare in Defence and FCT.
Most importantly I only offered to assist very focused programmers that will show evidence of achievements or at least the zeal to achieve.
Lastly, I think people like you should be more tolerative and not respond to everything that you have no intent to add positive value. It actually shows inferiority complex which is unnecessary.
I am sure comments like that is why pple like me hardly show up on social media even though it's the easiest way to allow younger ones to interreact and benefit from. This wasn't a political discussion were you guys argue unnecessary thus I won't make any further comments on derogatory statements like this and will advice anyone with negative remarks or thinks he is already over-achieved to give others a chance.
Thanks
Re: Re -hospital Management System & Other Enterprise Systems by asalimpo(m): 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
itb:
I
Your argument is off the mark.
And your differentiation btw solution and program is just something you thought up.
It means nothing. So notepad, is a solution? stop talking c.rap.

I drew your attention to the issue of using the phd, or that you are a doctor, to
confuse your potential customers and corner the market to your self.
It's a well known nigerian thing. Credentialism.

Nigerians dont believe you have ability until you push a paper claiming so - but
the western world we try to emulate dont think so illogically.

Re-read my comments from the right perspective.
Inferiority complex!! - hmmm. think better.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Review Or Criticize School Management SDOSMS New Version 1.5 / Build A Mobile And Desktop Software / Interested In Software Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.