Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists (1047 Views)

Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Ooni Of Ife Visits Alake Of Egbaland (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 10, 2016
The Alake and paramount ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo has maintained his stand on the contentious ranking of Yoruba Obas.

The Alake who spoke through his Special Adviser on media Affairs, Chief Lai Labode said he does not want to engage in controversy with anyone. He had on Saturday stirred the hornet’s nest, declaring that the Ooni of Ife remained the highest in the ranking of Obas in Western Nigeria.

The Alake who identified ego as the cause of disunity among traditional rulers of Yoruba extraction, said the Ife monarch is the highest of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland.

The respected monarch pledged to release evidence to back his position against Oba of Benin.

The Alake had listed the other Obas below the Ooni to include the Alaafin of Oyo and the Oba of Benin coming second and third, respectively, in that order.
He also listed his own title, the Alake of Egbaland as the fourth while the Awujale of Ijebuland occupies the fifth position.

The Alake said, “Ooni is one of the five principal Obas in Yorubaland. The others are in order of the way they are classified on supremacy basis. After the Ooni is the Alaafin. After the Alaafin, the Oba of Benin. After the Oba of Benin, it comes to the Alake of Egbaland and the fifth and by no means the last or the least, the Awujale of Ijebuland."

In fact, sources say the Alake had sent an evidence to support his position. Watch out for the evidence.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by Ravenna: 9:50am On Feb 10, 2016
Source?!
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 10, 2016
End time..

Just incase I hit FTC ....

Am always happy whenever I hit FTC cos it shows the level of idleness am soaked it.

#5000 per month nko?? Nothing come out.

Creating employment opportunities?? No way.
APC .......... Scam!!!

PDP ....... Thieves!!!

My cert is there wasting Buh I pray it doesn't expire soonest(Lol)

1. Stupi**dity is when you go on social networks looking for real love when the ladies around you r there wasting..
2. Greediness is when you bet with #100 and Ur expecting #5000000 in return...
3. Stingyness is when you see straight win with 1.09 odd Buh you still went ahead to double chance it.
4. Blindness is when Ur part of d bit***ches that shouted APC ..change and at d end of the day,Ur family are dir dying in abject poverty.
5. Fooli**shness is when yur so sad hearing that Lionel messi won his 5th world best accolade n you come out ranting that he should try another club..

I will be coming bk with d season 2 soonest...

Quote me negatively n receive it hot... Kids shouldn't quote me cos am not a promoter.. I hate patronizing upcoming artiste. So keep off

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by TippyTop(m): 9:51am On Feb 10, 2016
The Alake is looking for cheap publicity.

The Ooni would never come out to say anything as petty as this, the Oba of Benin remains the Oba of Benin, Benin is not part of western region as the Alake is insinuating, this is needless brouhaha.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by diasporaman(m): 9:53am On Feb 10, 2016
After they have scammed GEJ

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by Pwayne2016(m): 10:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Oba of Benin(Oba Eweka 1) was the Greatest Oba(monarch) in west Africa) with over 120000 warriors,Yoruba lands was part of Benin kingdom which was one of the Greatest and largest Kingdom in West Africa..as of 17th century,Benin has a landmass of 90,000km sq
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by EastanPower(m): 10:19am On Feb 10, 2016
Mulattoclaro, Spannishkid, spanishkid. grin grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by scholes0(m): 10:22am On Feb 10, 2016
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by asadike(f): 10:25am On Feb 10, 2016
I was taught in my yoruba class that oduduwa landed in Ife, he had a son who in turn beget 7 sons and edo is one of them but he gave the kingship to his last son who became oni of ife, edo later migrated to bini and became d oba of bini abi no be so? Correct me if am wrong.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by comos: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2016
I think the binis should stop reply those Party-frisk oba from the west.
because if you wrestle with a pig, you become a pig as well.

everybody knows that the Oba of Benin is paramount to all yoruba Obas.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by Intrepid01(m): 11:44am On Feb 10, 2016
Pwayne2016:
Oba of Benin(Oba Eweka 1) was the Greatest Oba(monarch) in west Africa) with over 120000 warriors,Yoruba lands was part of Benin kingdom which was one of the Greatest and largest Kingdom in West Africa..as of 17th century,Benin has a landmass of 90,000km sq

Please continue to dream in the Lord....we love you but God loves you most.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Below Ooni Of Ife, Alake Insists by Elueme: 12:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
This Alake of Egbaland needs a chill pill. The Binis in their conservative nature had been mute over this alleged history as being said by the Yorubas but more evidence point to the Bini version of history... No Oduduwa falling from the sky.. Your Oduduwa was Owodo, a descendent of Ogiso dynasty who was unjustly barnished by the palace but later became a ruler in Ife but was later called back after the truth was revealed but he felt he was too old and send his son Ekerledahan who established the Eweka dynasty, an ancestor of this present Oba of Benin lineage

(1) (Reply)

Will You Teach Your Kids Your Indigenous Language / Yorubas To Get Common Anthem Soon – Ooni / Tiv People Are The Real Owners Of The Sokoto Caliphate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.