Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,724 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Career And Lifestyle - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career And Lifestyle (376 Views)

Join The Elytes - A Career And Impacting Platform / Help Me Good People,my Life,my Career And My Academics Are Now In Jeopardy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Career And Lifestyle by ResidualIncome(m): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2016
Children are dreamers. So innocent are their dreams that you begin to wonder if they are living in this same world (with all the dollar-naira rates, PHCN, water challenges) we all live in.

They can sit up all day and talk about what they want to do or what they can do. You hear them say things like when I grow, I want to be an army man and be shooting like Commando and I will just kill all the bad guys...hehehe! or I will marry all the fine girls in the world, I will buy a car bigger than my fathers car...meanwhile they do not know what a bank account means.

We all used to dream wild dreams as children. Are those dreams unrealistic? Not really.

There are houses bigger than the houses we dreamt of
Some cars are made to fly
Humans have gone to the moon and we are preparing to go to Mars.

We can achieve our dreams - but

Does our career give us the kind of time and freedom necessary to achieve our goals?

Maybe the first black Bill Gates is sitting in a bank in Lagos counting money that does not belong to him.
Maybe the first black Elon Musk is sitting in one shed in Nnewi working as an apprentice to a spare parts dealer.
Maybe the first Nigerian Sam Walton is working as a store Manager in Spar or Shoprite in Enugu, Ibadan or Lagos.
Maybe that dream is possible if you make a little change in your life.

Will what you are doing now take you a step further towards your dreams?

Seize every opportunity to make your dream a reality - to have the lifestyle you always desired.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know What Keeps Your Career From Getting Better? / Vacancy: Web/graphic Designer / Is There Any Point In Being Smart As An Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.