Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Extortion In The Name Of Noun Students Development Forum At Ilorin Study Centre - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Extortion In The Name Of Noun Students Development Forum At Ilorin Study Centre (828 Views)

Meet Toyin Joseph Who Empowers Students Through Zion Study Centre / We Deserve Exam Area Of Concentration:- Noun Students Cries Out / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Extortion In The Name Of Noun Students Development Forum At Ilorin Study Centre by fatiuabdulmalik: 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
it is important let the public know how some so called student executive of noun students development forum at ilorin study centre kulende are extorting money from their colleagues in the school in the name of developing the school.
one thing that is certain is that the school management is not aware of such exercise, except the centre management who collaborate with the fraudulent student to extort cash from their co-students.
this money is being collected at the point of registration where a staff is expected to sign a course form, without which such staff will resist signing the course form except a receipt of development payment is produced.
attached is the copy of the receipt issued to one of the students.

Re: Extortion In The Name Of Noun Students Development Forum At Ilorin Study Centre by fatiuabdulmalik: 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
fatiuabdulmalik:
it is important let the public know how some so called student executive of noun students development forum at ilorin study centre kulende are extorting money from their colleagues in the school in the name of developing the school.
one thing that is certain is that the school management is not aware of such exercise, except the centre management who collaborate with the fraudulent student to extort cash from their co-students.
this money is being collected at the point of registration where a staff is expected to sign a course form, without which such staff will resist signing the course form except a receipt of development payment is produced.
attached is the copy of the receipt issued to one of the students.

Re: Extortion In The Name Of Noun Students Development Forum At Ilorin Study Centre by KlasicDee: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2016
NSDF reveals Plans to launch free internet services.
The NOUN Student Development Forum (NSDF) of National Open University of Nigeria, Ilorin study centre have recently reveal plans to launch a free internet service for all students in the center.
Speaking with NOUN News Update the President Sen. Ishola said that his administration is bet on ensuring a purposeful development in the center. Adding that, through the University is not in support of Unionism, the forum has been allowed for reasons of matured conduct among the student and for Academic Excellence.
“The free internet Access is one of our major projects in this Administration. The equipments had already been purchased and the installation is in progress. In few weeks from now students will have access to the internet services free”. He also reaffirms his dedication and loyality to the students that participated in his election into office.” I will ensure students benefit from this leadership and judicious use of the forums available resources”.
Meanwhile, Speaking our correspondent, the students applauded the center and the student forum for the innovation. A student of Political Science Adeife said ‘This is a welcome development and its coming at the best time, the free internet access within the centre will help us resolve the problems we face in submitting our TMA and doing other online activities, such as using the I Learn platform. Isaac idowu, A Mass Communication Student, “I can’t but appreciate the leadership of the student forum and most especially the center Director for this. I am proud of the Executives and Senate of the Forum, I just can’t wait to start browsing free, with this new innovation, I can do so many things without paying”. Hussein Saheed, A law student ‘if this innovation come true as it is projected, then I know we and especially myself did not waste the vote casted that ushered in this present Administration. We all brought them in through election and choose to fund them through developmental levy. So I don’t expect anything lesser.
However, students have been enjoined to continue to be hardworking, prayerful and cooperate with the present leadership for the desired development to come through. Ishola, however promised the student of positive change and development before the end of his Administration.
Our correspondents who went to the site, confirmed that the router that will ensure the connectivity of the internet is been installed

(1) (Reply)

Poly Ibadan Shutdown For Two Weeks / See How Students Of Benue State University Makurdi Receive Lecture. / Project Topics And Materials In Social Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.