Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Strike At University Of Ibadan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike At University Of Ibadan (2429 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best / I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? / MTN Concert At University Of Ilorin; Few Students Show-up - See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike At University Of Ibadan by Chulex(m): 2:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
Today is the 1st time ever I witnessed a strike action of any form. It happened at the University of Ibadan where I went for my Postgraduate clearance, having traveled all the way from Warri the previous day for the clearance. The NASU there, is protesting unpaid allowances.

There was a total lock down in the school. Right from the gate as vehicles were not allowed to go in or out. Only the pedestrian gate was open. The PG school and all offices were also shut too.

I finished from University of Ilorin and not for one day did the school go on strike. It felt so weird and funny to me. At the same time I feel pained for this one day old strike considering the trip I had to make. Now I have to return without achieving anything.

I was really privileged to have attended a "Federal Private University" that never goes on strike. Now I have had a taste of what other federal universities feel on my 1st day.

Here are photos I took;

1 Like

Re: Strike At University Of Ibadan by christejames(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
And what message are you trying to pass across? That other federal universities are prone to industrial actions while your so called university of Ilorin is immune to it? Why didn't you do your post graduate studies at Unilorin if you value her that much?
University of Ibadan is a nice school which I kinda find funny as you are comparing it with Unilorin where you come from...

I can't remember the last time my school went on strike apart from the last general strike which all tertiary institutions embarked on few years back. Fortunately for my school, the long strike coincided with our long break, it only used one month to encroach into the school's calendar which the school adjusted to almost immediately after call off of the strike...

#IrepUNN.

2 Likes

Re: Strike At University Of Ibadan by Yustash001(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2016
@OP...oriewanbe...better by far ni o jare...

1 Like

Re: Strike At University Of Ibadan by Bukkiminat(f): 3:34pm On Feb 10, 2016
So what should we do now?
Re: Strike At University Of Ibadan by Wolexi15(m): 3:40pm On Feb 10, 2016
christejames:
And what message are you trying to pass across? That other federal universities are prone to industrial actions while your so called university of Ilorin is immune to it? Why didn't you do your post graduate studies at Unilorin if you value her that much?
University of Ibadan is a nice school which I kinda find funny as you are comparing it with Unilorin where you come from...

I can't remember the last time my school went on strike apart from the last general strike which all tertiary institutions embarked on few years back. Fortunately for my school, the long strike coincided with our long break, it only used one month to encroach into the school's calendar which the school adjusted to almost immediately after call off of the strike...

#IrepUNN.
God bless yhu jare.I don't understand his point at all.University of Ibadan is even currently on its sessional break.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ui 2018/2019 Mbbs (medicine And Surgery) Aspirants / Federal Polytechnic Nasarawa 2018/2019 HND Admission List (1st Batch) / Is Yvonne Rofem The Tallest Girl In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.