Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

10 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Are Still Single - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Are Still Single (2826 Views)

Best Dressed Nigerian Female Celebrities Of 2017 / 7 Beautiful Daughters Of Nigeria’s Wealthiest Men Who Are Still Single / Nigerian Female Celebrities With And Without Makeup (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Are Still Single by kay29000(m): 5:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
One thing always has to give in the quest for greatness. Some people put love on the hold, some put marriage out of the way entirely, until maybe later in life. The bitter truth is if you want to give your all to your craft, your relationships (both intimate and non-intimate) will surfer one way or the other. Whether it is missing your Mom's birthday because of a movie premier, or not seeing your partner for several days because you are in the studio trying to finish your debut album. The ladies I am going to be listing today gave their profession top priority, and although they are still single in their 30s and 40s, they are doing great in their individual careers.

Below is my list of 10 single Nigerian female celebrities. Some have been married before, some have kids, but all of them are single right now.

Seyi Shay
This 30 year old singer is surely giving Tiwa Savage a run for her money. She has given her whole time to her music career right now and must likely has no time for a serious relationship. She dropped her debut album, Seyi or Shay late last year, and had hits such as Crazy (feat. Wizkid), Right Now, and Murda (feat. Patoranking and Shaydee).

Agbani Darego
She made history in 2000 as the first native of Sub-Saharan Africa to win the Miss World beauty contest. She was just 17 at the time. She has gone on to be a successful model. At 33, she is doing very well for herself.

Waje
One of the most talented singers in Nigeria. She was doing backup singing for P Square before she blew up with her own successful solo career. She had a kid when she was 20, now at 35, Waje is single and giving her all to her music career.

Linda Ikeji
I need no Google search to write on Linda, I know everything about her. lol! Her life serves a daily inspiration for me. Linda Ikeji was engaged in a few businesses apart from blogging before she blew up. She was a model, a Blogger, a magazine founder, and a Modeling Agency owner. The 35 year old Blogger (owner of lindaikejisblog.com) finally blew up in 2012 with her entertainment blog and has gone on to become the richest Blogger in the whole of Africa, living in her white mansion bought from Blogging money. But like most of the women on this list, she sacrificed her social life (and continues to do so) to attain the level of success she is currently enjoying.

Genevieve
Successful 36 years old actress, Genevieve Nnaji is another Nigerian female celebrity that has attained marriageable age but is still single. She has a child that is currently in her twenties (apparently she had the kid when she was in her teens), but she has never been married. There was a rumor flying around that she and pop singer, D Banj were planning to get married. They were dating at the time. But some sources said the age difference between them wrecked any chances of them eloping. Genevieve is a year older than D Banj.Genevieve is considered by many as the greatest actress in the Nigerian movie industry history.

Princess
The plus size Nigerian female comedian was married for about 7 months in 2013 before she and her ex called it quits. In interviews she has revealed that her ex husband couldn't stand her work ethic, and how she would come home late at night after shows. And so she had to end the marriage and face her career squarely.

Funke Akindele
Actress, movie producer, and comic actor, Funke Akindele was married for a short time a couple of years ago, but the marriage didn't last cos of her work ethic. She is currently single and loving it. The 39 year old actress is also known as Jenifa; the name of a character she played in her hit movie of the same title.

Rita Dominic
One of my favorite Nollywood actresses of all time, Rita Dominic is another single female celebrity. The petite actress turned 40 last year July. She is still an A-list actress in Nollywood, and even produces movies now. The University of Port Harcourt graduate has starred in over a 100 movies in her 18 year movie career.

Kate Henshaw
Ageless veteran actress, Kate Henshaw has been in the movie industry for more than 20 years now. She was married briefly sometime in the early 2000s, but she is very much single right now. With multiple awards under her belt, the ever beautiful 44 year old actress is having a great time with life.

Bimbo Akintola
I remember watching her movie (Out of Bounds) with Richard Mofedamijo while I was in secondary school and instantly falling in love with her. In an interview with Vanguard a few years ago, she was quoted as saying "I am not looking for a husband and I don't need one. I don't need anything, I am a complete person. I only do things that make me happy, because I believe and understand the reality that there is just one life and you should live it to the maximum. Happiness and peace should be the key." Hmm! She sure does have a point there.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/02/10-nigerian-female-celebrities-that-are.html

Re: 10 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Are Still Single by nouvelle(f): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
Wouldn't it be nice if we just made lists of our beautiful and well achieved ladies without adding single as if it's a disease? It always seems as if it removes from their greatness when we do that. Marriage is good but when we make lists of greatly achieved women, it may be nice to leave out marital status. I think it all adds more pressure to what they get everyday.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Are Still Single by sunny442: 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
This people u mentioned now don't want to marry naa, y una dey bother una self dey write about their life
Re: 10 Nigerian Female Celebrities That Are Still Single by kay29000(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2016
nouvelle:
Wouldn't it be nice if we just made lists of our beautiful and well achieved ladies without adding single as if it's a disease? It always seems as if it removes from their greatness when we do that. Marriage is good but when we make lists of greatly achieved women, it may be nice to leave out marital status. I think it all adds more pressure to what they get everyday.

Yea, true. But then, no one would want to read it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians And Black Americans Fight Over Egusi Soup On Instagram [PICS] / BBA Star Dillish Mathews In New Selfie Photos As She Flaunts Black Knuckles... / Kano State Governor's Son Acquires New Customized Ferrari worth over $250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.