Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? (1176 Views)

Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / Man Tears The Holy Bible And Got Blasted (Photos) / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by lllllllllllll: 7:13am On Feb 11, 2016
Paul permitted lying in Romans 3:1-8 & Philippians 1:15-18:

Romans 3:1-8
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were intrusted with the oracles of God.
3 For what if some were without faith? shall their want of faith make of none effect the faithfulness of God?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy words, And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment.
5 But if our righteousness commendeth the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who visiteth with wrath?
6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7 But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?
8 and why not, Let us do evil, that good may come? whose condemnation is just.

Paul here is admitting that he lied or that he might resort to lying for the sake of spreading GOD Almighty's Truth. This is demonstrated in the following verses from Paul:

Philippians 1:15-18
15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.
16 The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.
17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

So if one practices sodomy in California, USA, and offers his rear end for sexual sale to be politically correct to the society that he is in, or one does illegal sex with the girls in town and goes to the bars and get drunk with the people, to get the attention of those people that he is living among so that he can preach to them whatever he wants to preach, then according to Paul, these "false motives" are still justified! To Paul, the end literally justifies the means!
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by lllllllllllll: 7:13am On Feb 11, 2016
More lying approved by GOD Almighty:

1 Kings 22:21-23
21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
22 " 'By what means?' the LORD asked. " 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said. " 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'
23 "So now the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The LORD has decreed disaster for you."

GOD Almighty gave the spirit the green light to go and cause lying. And yet they tell us: "thou shalt not lie"?
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by lllllllllllll: 7:14am On Feb 11, 2016
Thou shalt not LIE, but yet, GOD Almighty supposedly detailed for Samuel how to trick & tell HALF TRUTH to Saul:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. (From the KJV Bible, Exodus 20:16)"

Many Jews and Christians re-read or reinterpret this verse as "Thou shalt not lie." However, we are about to see how GOD Almighty supposedly planned out for Samuel how to tell half the Truth to Saul. Is telling half the Truth a lie? I guess I'll have to leave it to the reader to decide. I mean after all, Samuel's trip wasn't primarily for sacrificing to the LORD. It was to a rub oil on the next king of Israel. But because it was life threatening to Samuel, GOD Almighty (assuming this text is not corrupt) allowed for Samuel to trick Saul.

1 Samuel 16:1-13
1 The LORD said to Samuel, "How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king."
2 But Samuel said, "How can I go? Saul will hear about it and kill me." The LORD said, "Take a heifer with you and say, 'I have come to sacrifice to the LORD.'
3 Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what to do. You are to anoint for me the one I indicate."
4 Samuel did what the LORD said. When he arrived at Bethlehem, the elders of the town trembled when they met him. They asked, "Do you come in peace?"
5 Samuel replied, "Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the LORD. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me." Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.
6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD's anointed stands here before the LORD."
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
8 Then Jesse called Abinadab and had him pass in front of Samuel. But Samuel said, "The LORD has not chosen this one either."
9 Jesse then had Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, "Nor has the LORD chosen this one."
10 Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, "The LORD has not chosen these."
11 So he asked Jesse, "Are these all the sons you have?" "There is still the youngest," Jesse answered, "but he is tending the sheep." Samuel said, "Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives."
12 So he sent and had him brought in. He was ruddy, with a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the LORD said, "Rise and anoint him; he is the one."
13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power. Samuel then went to Ramah.

1 Like

Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by IGBOPRINCE: 7:41am On Feb 11, 2016
Lies re relative .
But in the case of samuel account! What re you insinuating?
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by iamSi(m): 7:48am On Feb 11, 2016
How can you understand the content of the holy book when all we have here is old usage of English versions? I can't just get a glimpse ... Get a new world translation bro you will understand better ...
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by alienvirus: 9:00am On Feb 11, 2016
Your moniker though.
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by johnydon22(m): 9:12am On Feb 11, 2016
iamSi:
How can you understand the content of the holy book when all we have here is old usage of English versions? I can't just get a glimpse ... Get a new world translation bro you will understand better ...
hahaha this is a new defence.. Here goes one I haven't seen before grin
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by malvisguy212: 9:20am On Feb 11, 2016
lllllllllllll:
Paul permitted lying in Romans 3:1-8 & Philippians 1:15-18:

Romans 3:1-8
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were intrusted with the oracles of God.
3 For what if some were without faith? shall their want of faith make of none effect the faithfulness of God?
4 God forbid: yea, let God be found true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy words, And mightest prevail when thou comest into judgment.
5 But if our righteousness commendeth the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who visiteth with wrath?
6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world?
7 But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?
8 and why not, Let us do evil, that good may come? whose condemnation is just.

Paul here is admitting that he lied or that he might resort to lying for the sake of spreading GOD Almighty's Truth. This is demonstrated in the following verses from Paul:

Philippians 1:15-18
15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.
16 The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel.
17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.

So if one practices sodomy in California, USA, and offers his rear end for sexual sale to be politically correct to the society that he is in, or one does illegal sex with the girls in town and goes to the bars and get drunk with the people, to get the attention of those people that he is living among so that he can preach to them whatever he wants to preach, then according to Paul, these "false motives" are still justified! To Paul, the end literally justifies the means!
very simple. Paul is more pleased when the gospel is preach than the holiness of the preacher.

So two lessons: 1) Rejoice that God can
override prison and poor motives to
advance his cause. 2) Value the truth of
the gospel even more highly than you
value the attitudes of those who preach
it.
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by johnydon22(m): 9:28am On Feb 11, 2016
malvisguy212:
very simple. Paul is more pleased when the gospel is preach than the holiness of the preacher.

So two lessons: 1) Rejoice that God can
override prison and poor motives to
advance his cause. 2) Value the truth of
the gospel even more highly than you
value the attitudes of those who preach
it.
only a lie needs another lie to make it look good simple..

Stop defending lies

1 Like

Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by malvisguy212: 9:31am On Feb 11, 2016
lllllllllllll:
More lying approved by GOD Almighty:

1 Kings 22:21-23
21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
22 " 'By what means?' the LORD asked. " 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said. " 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'
23 "So now the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouths of all these prophets of yours. The LORD has decreed disaster for you."

GOD Almighty gave the spirit the green light to go and cause lying. And yet they tell us: "thou shalt not lie"?
God allows Satan to tempt Job by inflicting suffering on him. We see that God gives Satan some freedom of will to do evil and to tempt mankind.

And in 2 Thessalonians 2:5-12. We understand, God allowed evil people to work miracle,in fact those who reject the truth willfully,He allowed them to be overcome by delusion. God allows this to happen in the hopes that when the situation for those who listen to the lies goes from bad to worse, he hopes that the people will come to their senses and realize the foolishness of their rebellion. In any case, the hope and desire of God is obviously that his people repent and
return to them so that they can be
restored to a relationship with him and
so that he can bless them. The simple
fact is that sometimes when God cannot
discipline us because of our stubborn
hearts, he allows “the world” to discipline us. To be specific, in 1 Kings 22 because of Ahab’s evil heart, God chose to discipline them for their stubbornness and their idolatry. Similar to Job 1, he allowed Satan free.
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by malvisguy212: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2016
johnydon22:
only a lie needs another lie to make it look good simple..

Stop defending lies
point the lies I told or remain silent.
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by iamSi(m): 11:48am On Feb 11, 2016
grin
johnydon22:
grin
johnydon22:
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by reallest(f): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
lllllllllllll:
Thou shalt not LIE, but yet, GOD Almighty supposedly detailed for Samuel how to trick & tell HALF TRUTH to Saul:

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. (From the KJV Bible, Exodus 20:16)"

Many Jews and Christians re-read or reinterpret this verse as "Thou shalt not lie." However, we are about to see how GOD Almighty supposedly planned out for Samuel how to tell half the Truth to Saul. Is telling half the Truth a lie? I guess I'll have to leave it to the reader to decide. I mean after all, Samuel's trip wasn't primarily for sacrificing to the LORD. It was to a rub oil on the next king of Israel. But because it was life threatening to Samuel, GOD Almighty (assuming this text is not corrupt) allowed for Samuel to trick Saul.

1 Samuel 16:1-13
1 The LORD said to Samuel, "How long will you mourn for Saul, since I have rejected him as king over Israel? Fill your horn with oil and be on your way; I am sending you to Jesse of Bethlehem. I have chosen one of his sons to be king."
2 But Samuel said, "How can I go? Saul will hear about it and kill me." The LORD said, "Take a heifer with you and say, 'I have come to sacrifice to the LORD.'
3 Invite Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what to do. You are to anoint for me the one I indicate."
4 Samuel did what the LORD said. When he arrived at Bethlehem, the elders of the town trembled when they met him. They asked, "Do you come in peace?"
5 Samuel replied, "Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the LORD. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me." Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice.
6 When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, "Surely the LORD's anointed stands here before the LORD."
7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."
8 Then Jesse called Abinadab and had him pass in front of Samuel. But Samuel said, "The LORD has not chosen this one either."
9 Jesse then had Shammah pass by, but Samuel said, "Nor has the LORD chosen this one."
10 Jesse had seven of his sons pass before Samuel, but Samuel said to him, "The LORD has not chosen these."
11 So he asked Jesse, "Are these all the sons you have?" "There is still the youngest," Jesse answered, "but he is tending the sheep." Samuel said, "Send for him; we will not sit down until he arrives."
12 So he sent and had him brought in. He was ruddy, with a fine appearance and handsome features. Then the LORD said, "Rise and anoint him; he is the one."
13 So Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the presence of his brothers, and from that day on the Spirit of the LORD came upon David in power. Samuel then went to Ramah.

Some people still believe dis trashhhhhhhh
Re: Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? by CoolUsername: 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Gen 2:17- "but of the tree of the knowledge
of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the
day that you eat of it you shall surely die"

Gen 3:6- When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.

Gen 5:5- So all the days that Adam lived were
nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

(1) (Reply)

Sitting Position For Husband And Wife In Church / The Difference Between The Spirit And Soul Of Man / RCCG Moves Against Beard Gang, Says Groom Must Not Look Like A Taliban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.