Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Horrible Services At MDCN: Drs Recount Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Horrible Services At MDCN: Drs Recount Your Experience (1135 Views)

Man Who Survived A Horrible Gas Explosion At Home, Shares His Transformation(pic / Steps On How To Renew Your 2018 MDCN Licence / Mdcn Versus Foreign Trained Medical Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Horrible Services At MDCN: Drs Recount Your Experience by MansaMoussa: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2016
Dr NLer,
In line with the Spirit of "Chanji" and the Buhari's endorsement of the Whistleblowers Act, Almighty Freedom of Information and Speech, and Democracy, I'll like to exercise these rights by aiming to shine more light on the activities of the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. We saw that Board of this Regulatory body was dissolved swiftly by the new administration and even though alot of rancour was generated by this decision which saw the NMA, NPMCN, etc making strong statements denouncing the move, the truth remains that Thousands of Practising Doctors in Nigeria heaved sighs of relief.
Sorry to say,MDCN services are a big disgrace to our already battered reputation as Doctors in Nigeria.
While a lot of administrative and academic bodies within the Medical family have adopted global best practices as their operational model (epic thumbs up to NPMCN,WAPMC,etc) fielding consistent annual events timetables, detailed registration procedures,excellent payment options,dedicated helplines, etc, the Primary regulatory body of Doctors in Nigeria still treat her benefactors in a not so appealing manner that often leaves you a notch Lower on your Affect table.
From the Site chosen to situate this Apex Body ( person wey make the waka go understand) which makes you wonder what Abuja Central Area is for, to the Quality of Service offered there, you need not be told that reforms are needed.
Dear MDCN, while structural appeal forms a part of 24th Century Customer care, you will agree with me that Security Doors, Guest Registers, Neat Rooms, Good Chairs etc alone does not leave the customer happy when he leaves the door.
You are a Service Provider, and your 1st area of priority is to provide the services which you advertise, to Customer satisfaction. The Grumbling Customers, Rude Staff, We-Are-Doing-You-A-Favour-Attitude,Indefinite Operational Pattern,Lack of Appreciation for Speed of Service Delivery, etc still leaves much to be desired.
There's absolutely no Justification for a Doctor having fulfilled all the requirements for Annual Licence Renewal to fly down from Port harcourt to Abuja, sleep in a Hotel, get to MDCN and be told it's not ready after months. This Offence may sound too trivial a reason to post this long epistle to lament about, but when you consider that fact that People have lost Job Opportunites, Travel Plans, Bounced from NYSC Camps, etc, the Enormity of this "slight lackadaisical attitude" becomes apparent.
Dear Sirs/Madams in charge of the smooth running of this body, we understand you are doing a great Job to keep the place running at top speed, Nigerian Doctors would love to see more commitment to Service delivery in terms of Speed of transaction and delivery even at the extra expense to us( the fact that our processing fees are higher than that of other professional bodies is a story for another day). I go to FIRS/Immigrations/BoI/WAEC/NMPCN/Trading Houses etc and get sorted out within weeks. Some of these places assign you case officers who give you day-to-day updates on the process via any correspondence of your choosing until the service is completely rendered. Then I come to the Agency regulating an Erudite Profession like Ours and you get less than Satisfactory services, you sigh deeply and try your best to not let it compound your thoughts.
Dear MDCN, we have seen JAMB in recent times mobilise Hundreds of Thousands of Candidates, conduct exams, marked and publish results within 50 working days(from Months), which shows with the right push, it can be done.
Can Licence issues be sorted out in 3days minimum and 5days maximum?
Can more staff be employed or the employed well motivated?
If the cost implications are too much, could you pass it on to us( because Hotel costs in Abuja is already hiking up the cost of the current process inadvertently).
Can we be assigned Case Officers, without me having to acquiesce a Mr or Mrs John/Jane Doe to know where things stand for me? Or me being a Big Oga who comes in his car and gets his done in Minutes?
I regret having to use this media to media to record my displeasure, but this message isn't for MDCN alone, it's for a lot of MDAs in Nigeria,
The FG is looking for ways to cut costs, and the Civil Service is the Fattest Cow in the Herd for now, if we don't reform from within, a Reform from Without may become necessary and such invariably come with Heads rolling.
Thank you
Re: Horrible Services At MDCN: Drs Recount Your Experience by Lagusta(m): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2016
That MDCN office in Abuja needs a total overhaul....

Those so-called staff are just useless, worthless and pointless....

Especially those at the front desk, those goons are criminals....

If you want a tip, you have to earn it, not to force it out of our pockets.....

Imagine those front-desk goons, when u apply for full registration, you submit your credentials, they tell your to come back in three months, after that they would hide your foilo, then tell you stories like "the machine isn't working" or "the registrar is not around" or one would stupidly ask "did you really apply??"

Imagine all that!!!

We all swore the oath to be our brothers and sisters, but the oath is already broken from there....

Even the office in lagos tells the same tale.....

In fact, its only God that can save us

(1) (Reply)

5 Home Made Remedies For Stretch Marks / 10 Ways To Prevent Breast Cancer In Nigeria . / A Natural Remedy For Gingivitis, Toothaches, And Mouth Sores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.