Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants (1524 Views)

Ram Scarcity Hits Jigawa, Merchants Opt For Supply From Benin Republic / Jason Njoku: "Why Konga Was Sold To Zinox" / CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by Godmother(f): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
I checked my email and saw that konga has introduced a monthly fee of 2500 naira for its merchants starting 1st of March. I'm surprised at this latest development and might withdraw my store for now as its not bring much sales to warrant that fee.

Who else got the mail?
Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by Ayinla4sure1(m): 2:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Godmother:
I checked my email and saw that konga has introduced a monthly fee of 2500 naira for its merchants starting 1st of March. I'm surprised at this latest development and might withdraw my store for now as its not bring much sales to warrant that fee.

Who else got the mail?

I am upset too. Soonest, Jumia and others will copy them in due course. There reason for the monthly introduction fee doesn't make sense to me. They just want to make more money. Assuming they collect N2,500 from 500 in a year, that Wil be N15,000,000 apart from there increased commission.

1 Like

Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by bellville: 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thank God I have my own sales platform. I know Jumia will soon follow suit. I won't pay nada. After the huge commissions, they still want maintenance fee.
Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by ojoyentalk: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
Olx all the way

1 Like

Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by dav8id(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
what do you guys expect ? after merchant help them promote their platform...na to de do any how nah

1 Like

Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by Godmother(f): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ayinla4sure1:

I am upset too. Soonest, Jumia and others will copy them in due course. There reason for the monthly introduction fee doesn't make sense to me. They just want to make more money. Assuming they collect N2,500 from 500 in a year, that Wil be N15,000,000 apart from there increased commission.

A lot of people will close their stores, myself included. I have two stores and can't imagine paying 5k every month just to service them.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by iamord(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2016
It's a total rip off. I knew that there platforms are capitalist and all about their pockets, with the rising exchange rates and logistics expenses, the best they could do was to introduce rates that will benefit sellers and buyers. But they don't want to meet the sellers half way
Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by Ayinla4sure1(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2016
iamord:
It's a total rip off. I knew that there platforms are capitalist and all about their pockets, with the rising exchange rates and logistics expenses, the best they could do was to introduce rates that will benefit sellers and buyers. But they don't want to meet the sellers half way

I have msg them through there email they contacted me. I complained to them with such abnormal monthly fee ,couple with there already high commission. They replied me back and told me they will look into my msg.

I will advise u guys to lay complain too, if we are many, this will make them reconsider or at worst, reduce the fee reasonably. But if we dont complain, to them, it meana everyone is okay with there silly fee
Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by iamord(m): 1:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
Ayinla4sure1:

I have msg them through there email they contacted me. I complained to them with such abnormal monthly fee ,couple with there already high commission. They replied me back and told me they will look into my msg.

I will advise u guys to lay complain too, if we are many, this will make them reconsider or at worst, reduce the fee reasonably. But if we dont complain, to them, it meana everyone is okay with there silly fee
Lol. There is no going back. I attended the konga seminar some time back @eko hotel and plans are far advance for the monthly fee. They also want to push out undergoes sellers and pave way for the serious ones
Re: Konga Introduces Fee For Its Merchants by biznessman(m): 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
I believe that most merchants if not all, are very unhappy with this new policy which is being introduced by konga, they charge commissions on the sales of every item being sold, so why this monthly charges, May I suggest if there was a way merchants could stage a protest, more preferably by boycotting orders maybe, just maybe konga will know its policy shouldn't be all about them...

(1) (Reply)

Asooke For All Events / Access Bank Monthly Limit For Payment Online / Fidelity Bank Seals Off Titanic View Hotel Owerri & Las Vegas Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.