Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin (1052 Views)

Ekiti Governorship Election: Ooni Of Ife Is Sad Over Political Tension / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by nicerichard05: 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
I wish share my own opinion with proof below that Bini is not yoruba. the Ooni of ife is actually a descendant from the benin kingdom who was a prince that was to be killed buh later went exile and wondered in the forest before he was found by the ife people andf been that der was already a prophesy that they would their Saviour would fall from above they accepted him and made him king (My own understanding)

Picture 1-- is the picture of the newly crown Omo N' Oba who came to visit the ooni of ife in 1979, The interesting thing was that black leather seat is Kabiyesi, Ooni's seat that he does not vacate for anybody. But on his occasion he gave up his seat to Omo n Oba. It was like he was saying something to the world.

Picture 2 - The same black leather seat. The occasion, General Yakubu Gowon, military head of state of Nigeria on a visit to the Ooni's Palace soon after the civil war.

#Front Page

Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by Proffdada: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
typing...
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
U spits nonsense man
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by Adaezeagu(f): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Confusion
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by 2016Deity: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
This thread will set NL on fire
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by 2016Deity: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by Igwe2nero(m): 6:46am On Feb 12, 2016
following
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by scholes0(m): 11:33am On Feb 12, 2016
lol.... How do we know what you are saying is even true?
All I can see is two Obas enjoying the company of each other... seated on two chairs equally spaced from each other..

Also... if what you say is true, then.... I smell something fishy..
A newly crowned Omo n'Oba who is supposed to be receiving courtesy visits from all sorts of important dignitaries is busy gallivanting to visit a prominent Yoruba Oba in Ile-Ife, who is "supposedly" inferior to him ..... Was he on a diplomatic mission?
Re: Proof That Ooni Of Ife Is A Descendant Of The Oba Of Benin by scholes0(m): 11:41am On Feb 12, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3392604_omonobavisittoooni_jpeg_jpeg0226f29765a76dfbbc408d2c4564f903

According the custom, the newly installed Benin Oba, coming to Ife to see his Oba, according to custom from time immemorial.
But with all the resent distortion of history, I doubt the next Oba of Benin to be installed after the present old man dies will come to Ife to see Oba Ogunwusi, in a desperate attempt to "Save face"

(1) (Reply)

So / Marriage In Idoma Land Is Considered A Lifelong State Of Union, Although Divorce / Institutional Indigenous Discrimination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.