Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? (7978 Views)

Debt: FG May Cut Power Supply To Benin, Niger And Togo. / What Is The Best Way To Move Money Around The World? / Nigeria’s CBN Is Printing Money To Keep The Govt Afloat & Alarms Are Ringing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello All,
Please knows how I can move money to Benin Republic for business, N1M -N3M without carrying cash to the border and changing to dolar, a and doing same when I get there?

All these Nigerian banks that have branches over there should be beneficial in this case. I read about UBA africash but don't know if it works there and how.

Anybody with solution please? I don't want to risk carrying any cash.

Adesiji77 come Abeg.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by dee45: 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
owp Dan suki...
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by doyinisaac(m): 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
I was thinking you should be able to withdraw from your Nigerian account if the bank has a branch in the country...

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by knightsTempler: 10:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Use Africash if you have a Uba account, they have branches in most countries in West Africa. You don't need to have an account in the corresponding/receiving country. After sending from UBA in Nigeria they will issue you a scratch card that contains a secret code, you must not open it until you get to the point of collection, at the point of collection, you will be asked to fill a form and then scratch and insert the code on the card to fill in the appropriate section of the form. Remember you won't be paid in naira but in cfa XOF. Hope this explanation helps. Good luck!

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by Prowizy2(m): 1:30am On Feb 12, 2016
ruffhandu:
Hello All,
Please knows how I can move money to Benin Republic for business, N1M -N3M without carrying cash to the border and changing to dolar, a and doing same when I get there?

All these Nigerian banks that have branches over there should be beneficial in this case. I read about UBA africash but don't know if it works there and how.

Anybody with solution please? I don't want to risk carrying any cash.

Adesiji come Abeg.

Use Eco bank its easy and simple. Eco bank naija ATM works here!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by adamspee(m): 4:47am On Feb 12, 2016
uba africash is on hold right now, and you cannot send rapid transfer from nigeria ecobank only receive, best option use moneygram.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2016
doyinisaac:
I was thinking you should be able to withdraw from your Nigerian account if the bank has a branch in the country...

My brother, I thought so too.You will find out here.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 7:30am On Feb 12, 2016
knightsTempler:
Use Africash if you have a Uba account, they have branches in most countries in West Africa. You don't need to have an account in the corresponding/receiving country. After sending from UBA in Nigeria they will issue you a scratch card that contains a secret code, you must not open it until you get to the point of collection, at the point of collection, you will be asked to fill a form and then scratch and insert the code on the card to fill in the appropriate section of the form. Remember you won't be paid in naira but in cfa XOF. Hope this explanation helps. Good luck!

Great info bro. Please do you know anyone who used it recently? If yes, from which branch? I asked a UBA employee and she said otherwise. It may be due to knowledge gap anyway.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 7:34am On Feb 12, 2016
Prowizy2:

Really? What are their limits, charges and exchange rate?
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by doyinisaac(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2016
Prowizy2:

you cannot withdraw 1million from the ATM daily...there is 300$ daily limit...are you not in Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by doyinisaac(m): 8:22am On Feb 12, 2016
adamspee:
uba africash is on hold right now, and you cannot send rapid transfer from nigeria ecobank only receive, best option use moneygram.
Due to CBN policy you can only send 1000$ quarterly through moneygram or western union if you want to send money from Nigeria...
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 9:03am On Feb 12, 2016
Moneygram is not a viable option here anyway.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 11:19am On Feb 12, 2016
doyinisaac:
you cannot withdraw 1million from the ATM daily...there is 300$ daily limit...are you not in Nigeria....

The reason that option is not OK here.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by knightsTempler: 12:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
ruffhandu:

Great info bro. Please do you know anyone who used it recently? If yes, from which branch? I asked a UBA employee and she said otherwise. It may be due to knowledge gap anyway.

I used it myself reason i was able to give you detailed info and it was from Mobolaji bank Anthony branch, Ikeja.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
knightsTempler:

I used it myself reason i was able to give you detailed info and it was from Mobolaji bank Anthony branch, Ikeja.

Thank you so much for this valuable information. No vex, when last did you use this?
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by knightsTempler: 1:00pm On Feb 12, 2016
ruffhandu:

Thank you so much for this valuable information. No vex, when last did you use this?

'Twas late 2014. Don't know if the new Buhari's administration and their monetary policy will hinder this system of sending money, but you have to ask the management of the bank to get a better idea.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 1:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
knightsTempler:

'Twas late 2014. Don't know if the new Buhari's administration and their monetary policy will hinder this system of sending money, but you have to ask the management of the bank to get a better idea.

Ok. I don't think that works now.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by barapistis(m): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
ruffhandu:

Ok. I don't think that works now.

Wontva dorm do these
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by ruffhandu: 8:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
barapistis:

Wontva dorm do these

Yeah, kudos.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by Solitin40: 9:47am On Feb 15, 2016
Prowizy2:

What of cbn new policy i hope does not affect?
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by pleasureosondu(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2021
adamspee:
I do hope you respond to this question. How do I open a bank account in benin republic that I can send naira too and transfer to countries of my choice? I'm not interested in making withdraws from such account. In addition, can a Nigerian apply for mooov, orange and Mtn mobile money? If yes, how can i find it from Nigeria? What are the requirements? I plan on going to Cotonou soon.
Re: How Can I Move Money To Benin Republic From Nigeria? by Austema(m): 12:44am On Oct 21, 2021
Methane04:

Don't mind me it is deposit some help me to make nin the beginning of convid 19 when Bitcoin go down,37k now turn it 400k , and I don withdraw like 200k plus successfully completed,

Boss man, I quoted you here from the sport betting thread.

Please I want you to help me with anyamount, I want tp use it to buy food please

2263648432(ZENITH)

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

IMF: Nigeria's Economy To Improve But Unemployment Likely To Remain / 9 Things You Need To Know Before Starting Your Online Business / Best Betting Method For My 90% Win Rate System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.