Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

How Agege Bread Seller Became A Celebrity, Overnight - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Agege Bread Seller Became A Celebrity, Overnight (7321 Views)

Man Dresses Like "Olajumoke, The Bread Seller' For Halloween / Agege-Bread Model, Olajumoke Orisaguna On Thisday Style Cover / TY Bello And Jumoke "The Agege Bread Seller" Take Selfie Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Agege Bread Seller Became A Celebrity, Overnight by kay29000(m): 12:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
I have always believed that nothing is possible. Also, I have the belief that truth is actually stranger than fiction. Even with that belief, my mind is still boggled by the story of this Agege bread seller who's life became transformed in a matter of weeks after accidentally walking into an ongoing photo shoot. Before I go on, for those that don't live in Lagos- Agege Bread is a actually a special type of bread sold in Lagos, which is known for its very soft and heavy nature.

3 weeks ago, British rapper (with Nigerian roots), Tinie Tempah came to the country for some business and decided to do a photo shoot. He called on the assistance of musician turned photographer, TY Bello to handle the shoot. Instead of going to the the finer parts of Lagos, TY decided to go to the ever busy streets of not so suburbia Yaba. As TY Bello narrated in her series of Instagram posts on this story, she said she was busy taking shots of Tinie Tempah on the streets of Lagos when Jumoke Orisaguna accidentally walked into the shoot. Tinie Tempah, being a resident of London was fascinated by how the slim lady managed to balance a stack of loafs of bread on her head and still walk majestically. While looking in awe at the lady, TY saw it as a perfect shot, and she clicked away.

After sharing some of the finished products of the Tinie Tempah photo shoot on her Instagram, a lot of people started asking about the bread seller, and wanting to know if she was a model. The red and white colors of her dress must have caught their eye. And also the fact that it looked very artistic to have a man looking at a woman walking down the streets with a rack of bread on her head. The picture started trending, and TY Bello had to locate the girl. When she did find the girl (after a few days) she invited her over to her studio for a proper photo shoot, which ended up being used on the cover of a popular Nigerian magazine- This Day Style. Things picked up from there.

After the This Day cover, Jumoke got signed by a Modeling Agency (Few Modeling Agency); she got featured in numerous local and foreign magazines and websites, and now, there is about to be a special on her on CNN. Whoa! All in a matter of weeks. It is really mind boggling. I know her head would still be spinning right now. I don't even think she knows the gravity of what has happened to her life...how it has changed forever. In January she would have never thought in a million years her life would be where it is right now. Olajumoke Orisaguna just went from a bread seller to a highly demanded model. She just became a celebrity, overnight.

Below is a picture of her (Jumoke Orisaguna) with her 14 year old daughter- the shot was taken by professional photographer, TY Bello.

http://outoftheordinary101..com.ng/2016/02/story-of-agege-bread-hawker-jumoke.html

Re: How Agege Bread Seller Became A Celebrity, Overnight by cruzita(f): 12:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
when its your time,nothing can stop ur shine
Re: How Agege Bread Seller Became A Celebrity, Overnight by kay29000(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Yea.
Re: How Agege Bread Seller Became A Celebrity, Overnight by jay7(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2016
When your time to shine comes no one can stop it, God i pray that my own day of glory will not pass me by.

(1) (Reply)

Police Man Spotted Starring At This Celebrity's Back Side -see Photos / Fans Appreciation Messages To Toolz / OMG Figure8!! Check Out Phyno’s Stunning Girlfriend (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.