Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,257 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For (79091 Views)

R2D2, The Tiny Robot Modernising Eye Surgery / I Wonder What This School Is Really Teaching The Students / Mystery Solved! Here Is What That TINY POCKET In Your Jeans Actually For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by SolexxBarry(m): 2:57am On Feb 13, 2016
LEGALAide:

Which kind money be that?
You must be stinkingly poor!

Lol,why being rude bro ,Where's ur sense of humour
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Nobody: 3:12am On Feb 13, 2016
SolexxBarry:

Lol,why being rude bro ,Where's ur sense of humour
thought it was funny
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by FRANKOXY(m): 3:24am On Feb 13, 2016
That's where I put my last card & single key.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by justmenoni: 4:14am On Feb 13, 2016
Fold and keep my money there just incase you don't trust your wallet of getting lost grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by onunwa21(m): 4:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Safest place to keep ur igbooo
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Yemiseun(m): 4:54am On Feb 13, 2016
That's where I use to keep my Last / Emergency Bar or Money
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by prettyeyo: 5:07am On Feb 13, 2016
A.k.a monkey pocket
Used to hide careless change.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Nobody: 5:07am On Feb 13, 2016
pls someone should help me with the correct word. what is the name of that vary tiny black spot on our body, popularly called God mark. is God mark the true name?
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by iykekelvins(m): 5:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Omo.. That's where I keep my last 5H card
So my boys won't see it
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by babafirst(m): 5:42am On Feb 13, 2016
ikbnice:
it can't house a cd conveniently. Even the common GC is few millimeter wider than it not to talk of KISS cd. Wel, it can be sqeezed into it sha but just one.
Kiss CD will fit into that inner pocket perfectly.Even up to 3cds will.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by ikorodureporta: 5:58am On Feb 13, 2016
Wen u no trust guyz (roommates), na there sure pass...
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by ikorodureporta: 6:00am On Feb 13, 2016
Blyzz:
pls someone should help me with the correct word. what is the name of that vary tiny black spot on our body, popularly called God mark. is God mark the true name?

'devil's mark'
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by odekunlemi(m): 6:08am On Feb 13, 2016
So the wristwatch is no longer for the wrist ?
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by ussy09(m): 6:14am On Feb 13, 2016
That space is for lighter only juu guys won't understand.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by arusoncd(m): 6:23am On Feb 13, 2016
It is for condom.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Modern CowBoys keep their Modern Toolz there, period. grin
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Caspian22(m): 6:44am On Feb 13, 2016
bubbleslink:

Zike virus not in nigeria yet and ll never come 2 africa, dont create such anxiety here... lets concentrate on the subject matter

Alright, I hope so too.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by UncleDeeee(m): 7:00am On Feb 13, 2016
I call it Chinese pocket. My lighter is happy there
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Shortyy(f): 7:03am On Feb 13, 2016
RickRichards:

Wow, Shortyy! You've grown taller. We can now see your face in pictures, unlike before when we used to only see the top of your head. At this rate you're growing, we might actually see your neck and chest in this century.
K
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Awaja(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2016
It's meant for my Norsh.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Realist2: 7:07am On Feb 13, 2016
Op that is where i keep my key, it never got lost in there.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Naff24(f): 7:11am On Feb 13, 2016
bankyblue:
For condom
3 wraps of SK will hook there conveniently grin
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by sambrow(m): 7:15am On Feb 13, 2016
arabbunkum:
That's for my key holder.
same with me
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by makabulchi(m): 7:17am On Feb 13, 2016
psucc:
I'm confused rather than convinced.

Mine can only take up a coin.
My central bank...lol
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Corperadams: 7:30am On Feb 13, 2016
K, i hear, then, how dis information can help our nation economy? Next pls.
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 13, 2016
ikorodureporta:

'devil's mark'
Nil answer
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by cirmuell(m): 7:32am On Feb 13, 2016
bankyblue:
For condom
grin
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by bluecircle470: 7:34am On Feb 13, 2016
It is gud to keep condom
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by Electronzeez(m): 7:45am On Feb 13, 2016
I know lagosian uses that pocket when visiting places like oshodi, mile-2, ketu ,computer village ....
Re: See What The ‘tiny Pocket’ On Jeans Is Really For by OmoOsanyin: 7:55am On Feb 13, 2016
''Now that you are educated in that sense, spread the word. See the cowboy wristwatch below''.

Doubt it and rather disagree with the op and source of this misleading info.

1. This watch is not a ''wrist watch.''
2. If it were a ''wrist watch'', it will be worn on the wrist, and no need putting it in a pocket, especially one this tiny.
3. This kind of watch is actually a waist coat pocket watch which was worn not only by cowboys but as fashion by society elites even in the 1900s e.g. The mafiosos and by some today. The end piece was hooked to the waist coat button hole and the watch itself put into the pocket of the waist coat.
4. Used and worn some myself.

A wrist watch (one hopes) is a rather self-explanatory thing to wear. As the name suggests, it sits round your wrist. A pocket watch however, possesses a name which is a little more misleading, given that when wearing a pocket watch, you are not just wearing a watch which sits in your pocket, but which is also connected to either a chain, series of chains or a collection of chains and fobs, which often come with different fixtures and a large variety of potentially perplexing arrangements.
There has been something of a resurgence in the wearing of pocket watches over the last eighteen months or so, I’ve seen significantly more being worn on the street and more celebrities are embracing them as an unusual accessory for formal wear. I’ve also noticed more watches being worn at society functions too – a lot of watches were being worn as an accessory for morning dress at Ascot for example, a trend which I suspect will continue to gather pace this year. Having noticed that pocket watches are being worn a little more often than they were a few years ago, I have also noticed that very few, if any watch chains and fobs are worn correctly. This is a real shame, because wearing a pocket watch is such a clear symbol of one’s intent to pay attention to their attire, that if worn incorrectly the elegant and effortless effect of dressing so well is eroded by inadvertent errors and faux pas.
With this in mind, I thought it’d be worth clarifying the different components and options for watch chains and fobs, and how they go together. The first thing to note, are that broadly speaking there are two different types of chains that can be worn with watches; the single or double Albert. The difference is obvious – one is a single chain running from buttonhole to watch pocket, the other two chains, one which runs from the buttonhole to the watch in its pocket, and the other to the opposite welt pocket on the other side of the waistcoat. Double-Albert chains are quite obviously more heavy and more dressy, so suit either larger figures or chunkier cut suits and waistcoats. I wear quite a small single-Albert because I find it doesn’t over-power my waistcoats, given that I’m not an especially big chap. Low cut or slim waistcoats and slighter figures tend to suit single-Albert chains. Watch chains are known as ‘Albert chains’ because Prince Albert first popularised the wearing of fine silver chains from the button hole of his waistcoat, which he often attached to his pocket watches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2012/2013 Uniben Admission Hints! / 'This Is School Not Hotel, Keep Moving' Spotted On A School's Wall (Photos) / Obafemi Awolowo University Admission For The Year 2012/2013 (official Page)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.