Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Markets Shut For Late Olubadan’s Burial - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Markets Shut For Late Olubadan’s Burial (582 Views)

Markets Shut Down In Abeokuta In Honour Of A Late King / Olubadan And His Wives Loved Up In London (Photo) / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Markets Shut For Late Olubadan’s Burial by vicky85(f): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
Following the funeral rites of the late Olubadan, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade I, authorities on Friday urged all markets in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital to remain shut.
The late Olubadan, Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade I, who died at the age of 101years on 19th January 2016 would be buried in the ancient city today (Friday).
Among those expected at the funeral are: Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, governors and other notable Nigerians.
In a statement by market women in the city under the aegis of the Joint Ibadan Market Traders Association, the traders urged all members not to open their shops for commercial activities today in honour of the late monarch.
The statement, signed by its chairperson, Mopelola Iyabo, said the decision was given to accord due honour to the late Oba, who it said, lived for Ibadan and Nigeria.

Dignitaries from all over the country are expected to bid the monarch farewell after a funeral service at St Peter’s Cathedral, Aremo, Ibadan.

The programmes will round up the week-long activities for Oba Odulana’s burial.

....Justpye

(1) (Reply)

How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Year Old Delta King / Adage Of The Day And Its Meaning / Why I Supported My ‘radical’ Daughter For Slapping A Man – Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.