Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla (1496 Views)

Car Review: 2015 Toyota Yaris Sedan / WOW 2015 Toyota Yaris Has A 145 Degree Turn Radius! / Car Review: 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 2:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
Review Summary:
Born in 1966 during Japan’s economic uprising Post WWII, the Corolla has grown up to be the best-selling car worldwide. With a total of 40 million units sold by 2013, and counting, the 11th Generation model is set to take that further.

Pros
Exterior styling is commendable.

Cons
Dated transmission is in dire need of a farewell.

http://carworldng..com.ng/2016/02/car-review-2015-toyota-corolla.html

Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Looks
The 2015 Toyota Corolla flaunts a significantly improved mug with hints of Lexus’s spindle grille, wrap around headlights and a large chrome grille that extends to the side of the car as well. Depending on the grade selected, LED’s are either integrated into the headlamp cluster or outline two sides of the fog lamp housings.

Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 2:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
Feels
The dashboard is a neat combination of beige and black with a prominent silver beam dividing the two sections. With a scattering of piano black trim around the radio and gear shifter, along with chrome surrounding the cup holders and radio, the designers have created a flashy interior without being tacky.

Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 2:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Engineering:
ECO mode is a new option that reduces throttle response to help you accelerate slowly and smoothly. It also modifies air conditioning response to reduce the drain on engine power and improves fuel economy.

Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2016
What’s on offer?
Toyota’s 1.6L engine has not yet been put down. Mated to the prehistoric 4 speed automatic transmission, it puts out 121 horsepower and 154 NM of torque for N6,500,000. The all-new 2.0L 4 cylinder engine replaces the 1.8L and is rated at 143HP and 187 NM of torque for a starting price of N7,500,000.

Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Summing it…
The 2015 Toyota Corolla has better fuel economy than the Nissan Tiida, is cheaper than the Mazda 3 and more spacious than the Honda Civic. It has some questionable aspects, however, like the optional folding seats, unavailability of a sunroof and outdated transmission. But those things are overlooked when compared to the Japanese reliability, and are unlikely to strip the Corolla of its title as the top selling nameplate worldwide.

Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by iamLeo(m): 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2016
Nawa o, price of corolla has gone up frm 4.5m to 7.5m. Its okay lets observe how the sales goes
Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by GenOrumov: 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
I got mine for almost 6m last year and you're telling me its now 7.5m. That's incredulous!! I guess its the naira - dollar exchange rate.

I fell in love with the exterior that's why I went for it. The interior (dashboard) is what I'm not too impressed with. Well its typical of toyota cars not to have the interior something your jaws will drop for.
Re: Car Review: 2015 Toyota Corolla by hrhjnr(m): 9:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
GenOrumov:
I got mine for almost 6m last year and you're telling me its now 7.5m. That's incredulous!! I guess its the naira - dollar exchange rate.

I fell in love with the exterior that's why I went for it. The interior (dashboard) is what I'm not too impressed with. Well its typical of toyota cars not to have the interior something your jaws will drop for.

Yea, the exchange rate is a big factor in the price difference. Toyota can really do better with their interior design. I really hate seeing plastic everywhere.

(1) (Reply)

6 Invincible Armoured Vehicles That Challenge Everything / 2007 Honda Civic Neatly Used Going For 1m / Ask For Ur American & Japanese Vehicle's Parts Including Bumper & Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.