Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

On Valentine And The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Valentine And The Church (634 Views)

Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day / 5 Reasons Some People Don't Give In The Church / Pastor Curses Anybody Who Has Sex On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Valentine And The Church by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
VALENTINE'S DAY IS NOT FOR THE CHURCH
I may be criticised for what I'm about to say, but it doesn't really bother me. Anyone is free to "unfriend", "unlike" or "unfollow" me; it matters nothing. I'm biologically old enough to have a mental mind of my own and spiritually matured to have a spiritual opinion of my own. In the end, every man shall answer individually before God. Judgment shall not be corporate but individualized.

I am not going to attempt any historical x-raying of the issue. But I shall hit the nail on the head. It is a height of carnality for "the church" to both acknowledge and celebrate a spiritually-irrelevant and lust-driven day like the so-called Valentine's day. The mention of it, the attention it appears to draw, and shamefully among so-called Christians is irritating. It has no scriptural basis. It's not about the love of Jesus. It's not Agape love but erros. It has no relationship with the cross. It is of the world!

This generation has exalted carnality to strange heights. When we should be crying for revival, people are clamouring for love fiestas. Only few would magnify revival same way. The church has become worldly and the world has become churchy. The church has adopted the styles of the world and adapted to the ungodly patterns of the world. Is it not in the same vain that we now invite worldly/secular musicians, entertainers and comedians to come share altar with the Holy Ghost. The same way everywhere is awashed with church posters celebrating Valentine's day. No wonder revival tarries.

We can use scriptures to support this error including Romans 14:5; but even homosexuality can be supported with scriptures! What more? Everything can be supported with scripture. Even the devil in tempting Jesus resorted to scriptural backups.

I remember over 18 years ago, as young believers, we were told about the power of righteousness, about the impact of revival, and the secret of spiritual retreats. We would lock ourselves up and pray our hearts out. We prayed over books like WHY REVIVAL TARRIES, THE MAN GOD USES, etc. We cried between the church pews for God to show mercies for us to connect with the moves we could see in Morris Cerullo world conferences, God's General, etc. We laid upon VHS videos and cried for impartation. Only recently I read a post by Dr Paul Enenche on something similar and something in my spirit said that's the Spirit!

Today, it is all about picnics, about music, about numbers. There are many people in church but only few in God. Many of us pastors have decided to maximize the ungodly moment that something like Valentine's day brings to lure gullible people especially the young to church to increase church attendance. How do we explain the worldliness, godlessness and immorality in this generation if we do not hold the church accountable. The church expected to save the world has gone with the world.

Charles G. Finney, John Wesley, D. L. Moody, Smith Wigglesworth and other fathers of the faith whose impact we not only read of but are driven by; this wouldn't be their approach to spirituality and Christianity. We cannot make impact that would outlive us if we continue like this. No wonder, many have expired. And many may expire.

Friend, you need spirituality above charismatism. There is an imminent revival that would usher in the King of kings. Valentine's day is not how to position for that revival. This is purely a distraction orchestrated from the pit of hell. Let the dead bury their dead. Let the world carry its load. And to those who have sent me Valentine's messages which got zero response from me; this is my position. To those who want to send; my position will not change. I'm a pastor, a Lead Pastor at that; but this is the position of our church. Those who are meant to be members shall remain.

Shalom.

Share and pass on. To be repeated.

(1) (Reply)

Life After Death: What Did Jesus Do Between His Resurrection And Ascension? / Did Satan Give Allah's Prophet Revelation? / The Teaching Of Truth For The Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.