Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,025 members, 7,845,315 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! (694 Views)

Zimbabwean Pastor, Tito, Arrested For Selling Tickets To Heaven For $500 Each / Pope Warns World Is One Step Away From Nuclear War As He Visits Chile(Photos) / Are Muslims Going To Heaven? - Daddy Freeze Gives An Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by marcopollo(m): 7:54am On Feb 14, 2016
✞ Good Deeds...Will Not Move You
One Step Closer to Heaven!
The salvation of mankind is wholly a work of God's grace [un-earned favor] and is NOT the work or any man, in whole or in part or of human goodness or effort.
God 'imputes' His righteousness to
those who put their *faith* in
Jesus, his only begotten son, who
shed his blood and died to pay for
our sins and rose from the tomb to save us. (Eph.1.7, 1Cor.15.1-4)
Salvation cannot be earned by
good deeds *plus* God's grace!
One's effort to ADD to God's gift of
salvation is an 'insult' to Jesus, his
shed blood, death and resurrection to save you and nullifies the gift.
(Ro.11.6)
*NOT* by works of righteousness
which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost” (Titus 3:5).
This Bible verse makes it plain and
simple that good works will NOT
even help 'nor be accepted' by God to save anyone.
The penalty of sin that is passed on to all of mankind is 'death' because of Adam's sin. Jesus became the sacrifice for all of mankind's sin.
Romans 5:12
12. Wherefore, as by one man
[Adam] sin entered into the world,
and death by sin; and so 'death
passed upon all men', for that all
have sinned:
Jesus took our place and died on a
cross, shedding his blood, was
buried and rose from the dead to
pay for mankind's sin debt in full
and rose from the tomb for our
justification.
Those who accept God's plan of
salvation will receive eternal life
and spend eternity with Jesus in
heaven.
[Gospel verses: Eph.1:7; Rom.1:16;
1Cor.15:1-4]
.Please place your faith in Jesus
right now and the sacrifice he
made for you...
➜ Please 'SHARE' for the lost on any social media if you agree.
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by promise10: 9:55am On Feb 14, 2016
Exactly! In fact, more grace in your life.

1 Like

Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by marcopollo(m): 10:37am On Feb 14, 2016
promise10:
Exactly!
In fact, more grace in your life.
Thank you bro. You may check all my posts and share anywhere as you like. The pure, unadulterated grace of God that points ONLY to Christ must be preached till it sinks and develops strong root by faith in the hearts of men for salvation.
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by BUSHYANUS(m): 10:57am On Feb 14, 2016
Because grace abounds shall we continue to sin? God forbid
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by Peritus(m): 11:02am On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:

Thank you bro. You may check all my posts and share anywhere as you like. The pure, unadulterated grace of God that points ONLY to Christ must be preached till it sinks and develops strong root by faith in the hearts of men for salvation.
Nice post. The truth is that it is by His grace that we are put right with God and come into possession of eternal life that we hope for (Titus 3:7). However, it is wrong to posit that good deeds don't help. James 2:13 says that God will not show mercy when he judges the person who has not been merciful, but mercy triumphs over judgement. (Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy) It pays to show mercy (good deed).
How can one inherit heaven if he doesn't do good deeds... if he doesn't show love, forgive, defend the defenseless, say the truth to save a situation, preach the Gospel. With due respect sir, good deed is necessary but just doing good is not enough to save, and not doing good can equally deny someone salvation, though a sinner can be saved just like the theif by the side of Christ during crucifixion. Simple... do good, obey all God commands, pray for God's grace and have faith in Him.
If you say that good deeds are needless, you are saying that we don't have to obey God's teachings, instructions, directives and warnings, since most of them are injunctions to do good especially to our fellows.
uh(
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by marcopollo(m): 11:31am On Feb 14, 2016
Peritus:

Nice post. The truth is that it is by His grace that we are put right with God and come into possession of eternal life that we hope for (Titus 3:7). However, it is wrong to posit that good deeds don't help. James 2:13 says that God will not show mercy when he judges the person who has not been merciful, but mercy triumphs over judgement. (Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy) It pays to show mercy (good deed).
How can one inherit heaven if he doesn't do good deeds... if he doesn't show love, forgive, defend the defenseless, say the truth to save a situation, preach the Gospel. With due respect sir, good deed is necessary but just doing good is not enough to save, and not doing good can equally deny someone salvation, though a sinner can be saved just like the theif by the side of Christ during crucifixion. Simple... do good, obey all God commands, pray for God's grace and have faith in Him.
If you say that good deeds are needless, you are saying that we don't have to obey God's teachings, instructions, directives and warnings, since most of them are injunctions to do good especially to our fellows.
uh(
Thank you but don't think it's me you are frustrating. You are only frustrating the grace of God that saves (Galatians 2:21). The people that will hear will hear.
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by Peritus(m): 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
marcopollo:

Thank you but don't think it's me you are frustrating. You are only frustrating the grace of God that saves (Galatians 2:21). The people that will hear will hear.
Frustrating who? What lie is in what I wrote? If you say that good deeds are purely needless, you are asking people to do the the opposite. You didnt mention that avoiding doing good drifts one away from God. Do u remember what Christ said about helping someone in need? Do you know what James said about faith without good work... just like telling a hungry man "go and be filled" without giving him food. Plz stop trying to set me against God, it's ungodly. God bless you and enrich you with knowledge and blessings.
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by promise10: 12:52pm On Feb 14, 2016
BUSHYANUS:
Because grace abounds shall we continue to sin? God forbid
Please, you are using this to contradict the grace, but it is because of your misconception over it.

That "IN SIN" is not talking about action(which must be "TO SIN) but he was talking about the nature.

Please to understand fully read the below, read all.

Beloved, if you believe that christ died for your sins,
then you are not being held GUILTY for it because it has been dealt with on the body of christ at the cross that's why it is called grace- unmerited favour/what we do not deserve.

If you will still be punished for your sins, then it means that christ was not sacrificed but murdered by God.

A sinner will not go to hell because of the fact that
the person committed sin but because the person is
misbelieving his(christ)death by thinking that there
is another more work required of him to be saved or
that the person refused the man who took the
consequence of the sins of the world(including his or hers), the wages of everyman's sin which is DEATH to himself by dying on the cross, and the man is Jesus CHRIST.

THERE IS NO WORK REQUIRED FOR YOUR
SALVATION, BUT ONLY TO CALL UPON THE NAME OF
JESU AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED.

Jesus said; whosoever that shall call upon me shall
be saved.

There is no amount of right living you will live for
you to please GOD that's why the bible says "our
righteousness is as a filthy rag before God" that's
why Jesus has to come and die for us so that our lost relationship will be restored with God(with sin or no sin).

The first problem with many of us is that we hardly
forgive ourselves even after accepting christ.

Secondly, the problem of wrong believing.

Thirdly, we are too sin-concious instead of love and
grace-concious.

But why would someone enjoy intentionally
committing sin after seeing such a great love and
grace from God through christ?

As for me, each time I see sin before me and I
remember God's love and grace, I will just melt or
possibly burst in tears of joy(simply because I don't
worth such love because in my holiest form I AM A
BEAST before God) and overcome the sin without
stress or even unknowingly, though even if I commit it, I know that I will not suffer for it because christ has suffered the consequences for me.

I don't even know when last I committed sin, but
still when I look at my works(which is 100% right
living) and look at the grace of God, I will simply call
myself A BEAST, but in christ I AM A HOLY NATION,
A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, RIGHTEOUS KING, A CHOSEN
ONE, CHILD OF YAWEH(as christ is, so are we in
faith)because I can't compare my works with the
grace and love of God through christ.

SEE HELP FOR LIVING BY GRACE IN CHRIST.

1. Forgive yourself and forget your former sins, and
try your best to see yourself as HOLY, LOVELY,
RIGHTEOUS before God, under all cost, no matter
what you did, doing and will do. STOP FEELING
GUILTY ALL THE TIME!!!

2. Start being GOD'S GRACE & LOVE-CONCIOUS
instead of SIN-CONCIOUS.(It will make you to always thinks about how kind, lovely and graceful God is throughout your life). Constant looking up to Jesus the author and the finisher of our faith.

3. Start believing rightly, ask the holyspirit to help
you understand before reading the bible and to give
you the revelations that are behind the letters.

*DON'T MISS THIS*

No.3 solution is the problem with many christians
who misunderstood Mathew 5: 17-18 and Romans
6:1. It is a very big problem to them that makes
them to ignorantly reject grace and stick to law
without even knowing.

1.While in Mathew 5: 17-18, Jesus said"17. Think
not that I am come to destroy the law, or the
prophets; I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18.
For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass,
one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the
law, TILL ALL BE FULLFILLED."

It simply means UNTIL ALL IS FULFILLED the law will
not be abolished.

So Question; UNTIL WHEN WAS ALL FULFILLED?

Answer; AT THE CROSS, at the point he said "IT IS
FINISHED!!!" And gave up the ghost, the law
became abolished.

Now we are not saved by work(law)but by faith
(grace) we have in christ.

2. In Romans 6:1;"what shall we say then? Shall we
continue IN sin, that grace may abound?"

The problem with believers and this chapter is that
they combine sin, as in, nature and act as act.

Sin are in two aspect BY NATURE AND BY ACTION.

Of which every single soul in this life is sinful by
nature, even if a new born baby, but in the case of a
new born baby he will go to heaven(if I should say)
because the baby has not reached an age of
accountability and of course, didn't reject accepting
Jesus.

So, when you see or hear "IN" it is talking about
nature and when you see "TO" it is talking about
action.

The word "IN" in that verse means NATURE and not
action.

See the difference; "shall we continue IN(nature)
sin" and "shall we continue TO(action) sin"

That's why he went to the next 2 verses to say;"2.
GOD FORBID, how shall we that are dead to sin, live
any longer thereIN(nature of sin). 3. Know ye not,
that so many of us as baptized INto(nature of christ) Jesus christ were baptized into his death"

I pray that anyone who is not sure of his salvation
will be very and certainly sure about his or her
salvation in Jesus' name, say AMEEN.
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by promise10: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2016
Peritus:

uh(
I understand you, but what he said is completely the truth.

We were given the gift of righteousness, not because we merit it or that we can earn it and maintain it by our righteousness, but because of our powerlessness to earn it and far more powerless to maintain it our righteousness due to the fact that man is FULL OF IMPERFECTION.

Bear in mind; grace is not for people who ignore the truth of imperfection and are now thinking that they are 100% righteous before God , but for sinners, people who can tell themselves the truth saying "Of a truth, there is NO perfection in my flesh" . That is where the GRACE OF GOD is involved.
Re: Good Deeds...will Not Move You One Step Closer To Heaven! by marcopollo(m): 1:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
No need to convince anyone to believe anything by arguing. Those who will not hear will not hear even if you argue from Abuja to Jericho but some have read this same post and believed without commenting. No time to check time. Copy and paste this good news anywhere as you like - the good news that points people to Christ alone and not man.

(1) (Reply)

Aramaic Wording Of The Gospels / 1: How Exactly Has God Punished The Devil So Far? / Angola Out-rightly BANS Islam, All Mosques To Be DESTROYED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.