Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Valentine's Day - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Valentine's Day (358 Views)

Real Life Love Stories: Valentine’s Day Edition. H Pluscommunity / 10 Ways To Not Have A Totally Basic Valentine’s Day / You Need To See What This Guy Narrates About His Valentine’s Day Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Valentine's Day by pjtestimony(f): 10:48am On Feb 14, 2016
VALENTINE ! VALENTINE !! VALENTINE !!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH VALENTINE'S DAY. SEE WHAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS ABOUT VALENTINE'S DAY Ex. 20:3 You shall have no other gods
before or besides me. You sall not make yourself any graven image (cupids are graven images)--to worship it--, or any
likeness of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down yourself to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.
Exodus 20:6. But showing mercy and
steadfast love to a thousand generations of
those who love me and keep my
commandments.
Rom. 11:22 Parallels Ex. 20:5-6. John 14:15 Proof of real love is keeping
commandments.
John 15:12 Two commandments.
Ex. 20:3-6 Love God.
Ex. 20:7-17 Love fellow man.
Matt. 18:5-6 Speaks of dangerous
relationship we have to God if we offend one of His children. Valentine's Day came about this way.
As far back as 296 B.C. according to World Book Encyclopedia, the of the god Pan, also called Faunus and
Lupercus. The rites were centered at
Lupercal, a cave in the Palatine Hill. Priests sacrificed goats and cut their skins into strips for lashes. Then they ran around the
Palatine Hill striking all the women they
met. These ceremonies also involved purification through sacrifice of a dog.
(Aren't Christians purified by the blood of JESUS?) In 496 A.D. Pope Gelasius changed
this ceremonial rite from February 15 to
February 14 and called it St. Valentine's Day instead. Britannica says Eros or Cupid is the god of sexual passion, son of Aphrodite and Zeus. Chief gods associated with Eros and Pathos
are Himeros (longing and desire), and
Peitho (persuasion). Athenians changed him from goat man to fat youth with bow and arrow.
Deut. 32:16-17, I Cor.18-21. Compare these
two scriptures and notice that God has not changed at all in his opinion of what constitutes devil worship. Ezekiel 8:14. Then
he brought me to the entrance of the north gate of the Lord's house, and behold, there
sat women weeping for Tammuz. (According to Ezekiel, the Spirit of God called this an
abomination to God. He also called Tammuz an idol.) Jer. 7:16-18. God told Jeremiah not
to pray for people of Judah because the
children gather wood, the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead down Tough to make cakes for the queen of Heaven. They pour
out drink offerings to other gods; they
provoke me to anger!
According to "The Two Babylons", page 5,
Semiramis is mother of gods; page 21,
mother of Tammuz; and pages 62-63,
Tammuz is Nimrod (see Gen. 10:8-11).
When traced back,
Valentine's Day is the worship of Semiramis
and Tammuz-Nimrod.
Can you as a Christian promote this day or
bring children under its curses?
II Cor. 6:14. Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers-do not make mismatched
alliances with them, or come under a
different yoke with them (inconsistent with your faith). For what partnership hath right
living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light
fellowship with darkness?
II Cor. 6:15. What agreement (can there be between) a temple of God and idols? For we
are the temple of the living God; even as God hath said, I will dwell in and with and among them, and will walk in and with and
among them, and I will be their God and they shall be my people
(see Ex. 25:8; 29:45, Lev. 26:12, Ezek. 37:27 and Jer.31:1). II Cor. 6:17. So come out from among them
(unbelievers), and separate (sever)
yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not (any) unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor
(see Isa. 52:11).
II Cor. 6:18. And I will be a father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters says the Lord Almighty (see Hos. 1:10 and
Isa. 43:6)
God showed me some years back that to serve a god meant to work and plan for him. That every time I spent time and money on this day, I worshiped these gods and denied JESUS.
How could I ask God to bless me when I have just risen up from idol worship (see
Joshua 23:6-16 and 24:20)? I'd like to propose a few questions to you:
Since Nimrod worship is Baal worship, and
Baal worship required child sacrifice, could
it be possible that by serving gods like
Lupercus, Baal and Saturn, we have
brought the Biblical curses upon our
families and our nation such as abortion,
child abuse, homosexuality, unprovoked
murders, financial loss, etc? GOD BLESS U

(1) (Reply)

Friendship / Can You Please Watch My Youtube Video? / When A Woman Gives You Condom, Please Don’t Use It – Sean Tizzle Cautions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.