Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,079 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

10 Lessons I Learnt From Conquering 'hula Rock. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Lessons I Learnt From Conquering 'hula Rock. (556 Views)

6 Business & Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From Jonah & The Fish / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Conquering 'hula Rock. by oromidas231(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
LESSONS FROM 'HULA ROCK.
Today being the 13th day of February, 2016, my colleagues (NYSC Batch A & B 2015) and I serving in maihula, taraba state decided to climb the 'Hula rock. It was fun all the while. But to me, it was not just fun, it was both educative, innovative and expository. I gained alot of knowledge both on the context of the experience and also of our everyday life's struggles. Here are 10 things I learnt, I hope u learn from my adventurous expedition also.
- NEVER LOOK DOWN ON ANYBODY: On ur way to d top, never be selective or look down on anybody because one can never tell will get to the top first in the journey of life. I learnt this from a lady who was last to join the group that we all looked down on, even calling her sluggish b4 the journey started. She turned out to be the first to reach the peak, even serving as a source of inspiration to most of the guys in the company.
- OVERTAKING IS ALLOWED: On ur way to d top, overtaking is only normal. Never be overly comfy around who give up hope easily. It is normal to move ahead and leave them behind lest they influence u negatively and make u complacent.
- SEE OTHERS PROGRESSING AS A SOURCE OF INSPIRATION: This one is a little tricky. Sometimes, people we started from the bottom together get to the top b4 us. Rather than getting jealous, why not see them as a harmless source of inspiration, thereby helping us to up our game?
- NEVER BE TOO NICE: Getting to the top sometimes entails one being of help to others one way or another. Never get this twisted as some folks might turn out to be burdens later when it becomes incessant. This sort of persons have what I term "dependency-syndrome" and they never wanna try to do things by themselves. Be wise to draw the line. This is not being cold and insensitive, it is being smart, wise and realistic. Ideally and practically, too much burden, slows us down. so it is too in life's struggles.
- NO HURRY IN LIFE: Seeing others get to the top b4 u sometimes might make u wanna employ illicit means or what we term 'short-cut'. Remember, one mis-step born out of envy or greed, can send u crashing all d way down. Always work ur way to d top as comfortably and as calmly as u know.
- NEVER BE CONTENTED WITH HALF SUCCESS: Not everybody gets to the top. Some folks stop halfway, others stop 3/4 way. Never settle for less. Always strive to take maximum points from ur struggle. It gives u a sense of completion and fulfilment the half-succesful folks go on to lack.
- NEVER BE SHY TO ASK FOR HELP WHEN U GET STUCK: On ur way to d top, there comes a time when things would slow down on being nice and smooth. When u get stuck, never be shy to ask for help from experts. Remember, pride goeth b4 a fall. Ur eye should always be on ur goal.
- JUST AFTER THAT PARTICULAR STEEP POINT COULD BE UR BIG BREAK: Sometimes, u get stuck on a particular spot and it seems impossible to get past it. Most people give up here. Summon courage and give that continuous one final push, more often than not, u always hit ur breakthrough and everything would becomes easy thereafter.
- HARD TO BUILD, EASY TO DESTROY: Climbing up the 'Hula rock took about 2hrs but coming down took 50mins. That tells us something, building up is hard, bringing down is easy. Beware!
- ALWAYS COMMIT TO GOD: Lastly and most important, always commit ur struggle to God and ask Him for his guidance every step of the way. Before we climbed, we heard different stories about bee attack, creatures etc. The group went up and came down successfully (although not all got to the top) without any negative incident or accident whatsoever. When men say there is a casting down, the righteous say there is a lifting up....U only get that by committing to God which we did. Never miss this point. Glory to the Almighty.
-©Oro Midas, 2016.

(1) (Reply)

Introverts And Employee Retention / Have You Led Project Team Before ? Briefly Share Your Experience / Process Piping Engineering/stress Analysis Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.