Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How To Start A Cooking Gas Supply Business In Nigeria Without Money - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Start A Cooking Gas Supply Business In Nigeria Without Money (1510 Views)

Make Money Online Today Without Money / Big Python Almost Killed A Lady Cooking In Her Kitchen In Edo (Photos) / How To Prevent Cooking Gas Explosions In Nigerian Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Cooking Gas Supply Business In Nigeria Without Money by MWTH(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
Just a few days ago, I got a message from an anonymous contact. (I decided to make it anonymous)

“Hi, Mr. Tim, you preach business development, marketing & sales all the time – And you even say things like success is easy. I can never believe you because Nigeria is a rotten place. Some of us have tried it severally but fail. The Government is also wicked because they will never help us that are trying and even the banks and oil companies will not recruit you except you know someone there. I have been to Lagos times without No. to enable me get a good business I can even do or job sef. But all have failed. Let us pray that Buhari will help us that are not coropt people by giving us job in the civil servant area. I love your advise sometimes sha. God bless you.”

Your’s Faithfully

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hmmmm! So sad!!

You see what I keep talking about? This guy or lady is obviously bitter. She will do anything to prove me wrong about creating a livelihood for oneself. The fella believes job must come from the government to be able to succeed.

Now, I kept thinking about how to address this fellow as fast as possible before someone else triggers him/her to commit suicide.
So this is what I decided to do.

This Topic if followed will enrich your life. And please for those who decided to heed to my steps here. Kindly come back and give your own testimony someday.

As for Marketing & Selling your products, kindly stay glued to my wall (Twiiter, Facebook, Blog etec) always because that’s where I can be feeding you from.

Alright, having said that, let me first of all address your letter in details before I give a rundown of how you can start a business without money in Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroun, just name them.

Starting From Your Text!

- “Hi, Mr. Tim - Yes I’m here friend. Hello to you..
- you preach business development, marketing & sales all the time – Sorry I don’t preach it, I teach or Coach people who care to listen.
- And you even say things like success is easy – Yes, I am still saying success is easy. But depends on you anyway.
- I can never believe you because Nigeria is a rotten place – You actually don’t need to believe me because I have not proved it to you yet. So I am going to do so today.
- Some of us have tried it severally but fail – You failed because you didn’t do what you ought to do. And I can smell you’ve even given up hopes. My job today is to pump in hope back into your life.
- The Government is also wicked because they will never help us that are trying – Hmmm! No government is expected to help you achieve success. Their job is to put the laws and yours is to work through and become successful. So are they wicked? No….
- and even the banks and oil companies will not recruit you except you know someone there – I don’t always think so sir. Maybe you should try somewhere else….
- I have been to Lagos times without No. to enable me get a good business I can even do or job sef – You have a wandering problem and may be difficult to keep you in one place for focus. Obviously, you’re not in Lagos at the moment.
- But all have failed – Because you have failed from the inside.
- Let us pray that Buhari will help us that are not coropt people – How am I sure you will not become corrupt later with this anxiety you have. Ehn?
- by giving us job in the civil servant area. – Poverty line? To enable you work towards pension abi? Are your parents or those you know on the pension scheme living better than an Igbo business man who has no pension today? This guy is still a learner. Hahahaha
- I love your advise sometimes sha – You love it sometimes sha? Jeez!! You better start loving it everyday and work with it my friend.
- God bless you – Thank you for your prayer but God has already blessed me with the knowledge and what I have today. So your prayer na jara. Lol
- Your’s Faithfully – You’re obviously unfaithful for now until I see that you have started doing something to make money instead of going after jobs. Hahahahaaa
- XXXXXXXXXXXXX – I decided to hide the names and that’s why it is anonymous.

Alright, I have answered my anonymous friend and I will use this opportunity to educate him. You may also learn from it too.

Now, let me prove him wrong with some ideas.

And I am going to use a Cooking Gas as my product for Today’s Business Development.

HOW TO START A COOKING GAS SUPPLY WITHOUT MONEY & BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 90DAYS
Wherever you are currently, take a look at your environment and you’ll observe cooking gas has become the source of every home’s cooking for foods. In every young family today especially in the city, 80% of families use cooking gas.

Do you know how often they buy these gas’? Do you know the advantages they derive from using it? Do you also know that it is even cheaper to use than kerosene? Do you know it is faster than kero? Do you also know that it does not dirty your pots as kero would do?

The advantages are so enormous that you must understand all of it first before you even start the business in your environment.

So this is what you should do if you want to start this business in your location.

STEP 1: RESEARCH SUPPLIERS, COMPETITORS & PRICING
Go in search for a supplier company with their station closely located to where you can access them easily.
Once you find one, ask them of the price and compare with the prices of other suppliers. Make sure you know the price is highly competitive to enable you compete very well with the roadsides gas suppliers.

STEP 2: RESEARCH CONSUMERS (FROM SMALL TO BIG TIME CONSUMERS)
Get a note book and move from target friends and homes you know to ask them of the price they get their gas. Find out how they get their delivery. How best they prefer to have their gas delivered. At what point would they have the greatest satisfaction with their gas supplies.
Make sure you also let them know you are just about going into the business and as such you want to find out how best your business can serve people well enough, because your passion is about service not the money. You want to have something you can be doing. – This comment alone will sink every devil standing in your way. People love people who struggle and work hard to succeed and they will give you all the needed support to succeed.
While doing this with the people you know, ask them to recommend you to their friends and families.
Do you also know the big hotels and eateries are going to add to your bottom line in the long run? Don’t undermine those areas as well please. Meet with storekeepers and the cooks or better still managers to help you out.
Be humble as your pride smells badly. Let them see you need help. Don’t go arrogant.
Do all the needed research you need to do and stay focused until you have accomplished this stage.

STEP 3: RESEARCH HOW YOU INTEND TO DELIVER THESE PRODUCTS TO THEM WITHOUT LOSING PROFITS
You already know the prices right? Now it’s time to go for the delivery Van, Motorcycle, Kekenapep; Wheelbarrow, or whatever means you think you want to start with.
Don’t be in a hurry to ask me of the money you need to buy it. Wait and listen to me….
Are you ready to listen to me now?
Alright let’s go on…..
Look for a pickup guy who you know can listen to you anyday. Explore this with other transporters too.
Tell them you’re about starting a delivery of gas business and you will need their assistance but ofcourse at a cost.
Now go on to discuss the pricing with them by classifying your environment and No.s of bottles as well as sizes. This will enable them understand clearly what they stand to gain in the course of the business with you. For instance if you live in Abuja, and your supplier resides in Garki, you can classify locations into Garki, Wuse2, Karu Site, Nyanya, Asokoro, Gwarimpa etc. You know your environment better than I do. So do it your own way.
If you are using wheel barrows, make sure the distance is very short please. If it’s kekenapep make sure they can carry upto 5 or 6 cylinders.
My dear friend, use your brain here. So that I can give you more information.

STEP 4: RESEARCH CUSTOMER CONTACT & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT APPROACH
Here it is about KYC (Know Your Customers) – You need to have a notebook that spells out details about your client or prospective clients. Get a ruler for the notebook and draw out S/No.; Names; Age; Sex; Home Address; Office Address; Phone No.s; Name of Assistants; Phone No. of Assistants; Email Address; Whatsapp No.s; Their Free Hours At Work; Their free hours at home; Their off-days etc.
Note that people don’t like when you take money away from them, so learn to speak with your clients only when they are not in their bad mood or working hours.

STEP 5: RESEARCH HOW YOU CAN CREATE MORE MARKETS – MARKETING & SALES
You don’t have money right? But you can read my post here, isn’t it? This is going to be your first platform to market your products. It’s very cheap. So stay glued on my page as I am going to reveal to you the best way to sell on Facebook without spending kobo.
But for the purpose of this lesson, sort for yourself, what marketing approach to use. But you must ask yourself where those you are targeting are usually spending their times.
• Offline Marketing – This has to do with one-on-one direct marketing of your product to your target audience. So choose from the various locations. Are you targeting bankers? Lists out all the banks in your location including other financial institutions. They are very good potential buyers. Look out for potential buyers who can pay for your products.
Avoid giving on credit all the time sha. Some jobs are unsecured. If these sets of customers lose their jobs now, you may never get your money back. So learn to supply as you get paid. Pay As You Go (PAYG).
You will need to learn the skills of approaching your prospective clients and marketing your product to them. Make sure you listen to them more than you talk. Because every prospective client/customer is already a customer to your competition. They will arm you with enough information you need to out-compete your competitions.
• Social Media Marketing – This is one very huge market you must learn to tap from. Facebook has a lot of market audience, twitter is a cool way to also reach a lot of people now. Others include instagram, whatsapp, BB etc. Learn the skills and use them very well to reach out to your market. Like I said earlier, you can keep in touch with me as I will be teaching on that soon too.
• Cold Callings – This one is a major killer for marketers. It involves calling people directly on the phone and telling them why you need to serve them better than they’ve always been served. If you learn the skills here, you will be shocked at the returns.
• Referral Marketing – This one is another bombshell too. It involves people who already enjoy your service recommending you to their friends and families. A good referral marketing brings a lot of good sales. Don’t worry I will be talking about it soon too.

For time sake, let me go over to the next line of action that you need to take.

STEP 6: CREATE YOUR PRODUCT
Now, your job is to write your supplier…. Tell him your target for a month is to sell 100 bottles and he should be willing and ready to supply you. Also discuss with him to know if he/she can assist in delivering the products to your consumers at a discount. Then go on to create a label for your product. For example; Mama Tim’s Cooking Gas; TimAbel’s Cooking Gas; Love Your Wife Cooking Gas etc….. Just find a catchy name for your product. Remember, names go a long way to sell you too.
Once you secure an agreement with him, sign a contract if possible with him using a lawyer friend to draft it for you. It’s good to save your business relationship anyday by spelling out your terms.

STEP 7: CREATE EVERY PLATFORM YOU NEED
All that has been researched earlier can now be created at this point. That includes your marketing platforms, label, registration with CAC etc.

STEP 8: PACKAGE YOUR BUSINESS FOR RELEASE TO YOUR MARKET
At this point, your packaging is how you want people to see your business. Write down all your marketing languages, all the do’s & don’ts, all the advantages & disadvantages of using your own products etc.
Just ensure you’ve got a good packaging of yourself, your business and your products. Because people will buy the impression, they get from you.

STEP 9: RELEASE YOUR PRODUCTS
At this stage, you can begin to deliver to your first few clients.
Note that you do not have all the time to rest here. So do it wholesomely and be fully committed at this stage from one point to the last. Your foundation is key to your success.
When the money starts coming, don’t forget to ask for more information that will keep you growing your business and making more from your establishment.
Be also sincere to your supplier. That is all he needs to entrust even more businesses to your hands.

STEP 10: MANAGING YOUR CLIENTS/CUSTOMERS
You must learn to keep your customers intact with your business. If they have options and you’re not close to them, be rest assured you’ll never grow in business.
So you must learn the skills of managing your clients.
I told us earlier to create a customer/client book with all their contacts in there. This is where you can start managing your clients from. Create time daily to call at least 10 of your clients for discussions outside your business. I didn’t say you should start doing amebo oo (Gossips). Learn to know what he/she likes most. It could be politics or football. It could also be health issues and all sorts. Find out from the very first day you encounter him. State it in your contact information book. Then ensure you are up to date with information in that sector before you go on to discuss with him/her. As for women, be rest assured you don’t need a soothsayer to know their likes. Just start fashion gist with them and you will be shocked what they will do to help your business. Show them very good tailors and possibly a good eatery for that matter.

STEP 11: YOU MUST BE IN CHARGE OF YOUR FINANCES
Your finance has no pair. You need all the skills to manage your finances. I have found out that most businesses run down easily because of the way the monies are being managed.
Most times, because you get a lot of sales, your spending spree goes wacko. You must have your eyes on your finances. Don’t spend what you don’t have. Don’t let money trick you to those environments the big boys in the society rock daily. Avoid that temptation. And for the guys, please it is not yet time to impress your girl. If your girl thinks impressing her now is the only way out. Please change the tune. Go for a considerable woman. Someone who won’t mind your change. In fact someone who will give you the extras for your daily upkeep. Also try to ensure you are open to her so as to avoid too much expectation.

STEP 12: KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME. ASK ME QUESTIONS; CHAT ME UP
I have provided myself a living Coach for you for the next few months. The only way you can get the results is by asking questions whenever you are faced with challenges.
Just post your comments on my Blog – www.marketingwithtimabel.com;
My Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/moneytalkswithtimabel/ (Like my page for frequent updates)
My Twitter Account: @MWTimabel
Or My Whatsapp: 08027941987
You can also connect with me on Armed Forces Radio 107.7FM on Money Talks With Tim Abel every Mondays 1-2pm & every Wednesdays 7-8pm.
On This show, I talk about Business Development, Marketing & Sales Formula for Micro, Small and Medium Scale Businesses.
I am always here to guide you through. I am gaining from the experience and I have decided to share every bit of my experience with you.
Good Luck & do have a Happy Valentine!!

I love you all.

1 Share

Re: How To Start A Cooking Gas Supply Business In Nigeria Without Money by coolestca(m): 2:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
This should be things we should have on the front page of Nairaland rather than photos of wiz kid and baby papa(mama) SMH
Lalastica come and see this is a front page material...

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Cooking Gas Supply Business In Nigeria Without Money by Nairasage01: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Am starting one soon

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Cooking Gas Supply Business In Nigeria Without Money by DeltaMinimalist: 11:31am On May 04, 2016
A good example of a Cooking Gas supply business is Compare Energy Prices NG www.compareenergyprices.ng. They have a team of cooking gas vendors which ensures delivery is available nationwide!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Dies From Blood Loss Because Church's Doesnt Permit Transfusion / Horrifying : Man Loses Arm In Ghastly Motor Accident[photo] / DKT Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.