Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme (11009 Views)

FG Blames Benin Republic And Cameroon Of Sabotaging Local Rice Production / Local Rice Production Hits 15m Tonnes / Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by realjoker(m): 11:35pm On Feb 14, 2016
The Dangote Group, yesterday launched 20,000 hectare rice production scheme, aimed at making the country self-sufficient in rice production and food secure by the year 2018.

Speaking at the flagging-off of the scheme at Hago Fadama kafin-Hausa local government area of the state, the state governor Alhaji Badaru Abubakar Badaru said, the project was part of his government’s commitment to improve agriculture and industrialise the state for job creation and poverty eradication.
“Right from my inaugural speech, I made it clear that, agriculture was one of my government cardinal points and we are ready to collaborate with private investors in achieving the desire goals. The project we are launching today is one of the numerous projects we intend to embark in collaboration with private investors from within and outside the country, and we have already signed memorandum with many of them,” the governor said.

The governor assured Dangote Group of the state government’s support in making any policy and intervention that will make the investment profitable and generate jobs to the teeming population of the state.

Speaking at the occasion, the minister of state for agriculture Mr Heineken Lokpobiri said the federal government was worried over the production gap it has in rice and the millions of dollars spent annually on its importation despite having vast arable land that can make Nigerians rice exporters if properly utilized.
He disclosed that presently the country needs 6.8 million metric tons of rice annually for consumption, but that “we are locally producing only 2.6 million metric tons. In view of this, the federal government has come up with plan to encourage massive investment in rice production and agricultural sector in general to end rice importation by the year 2018,” he said.

In his remarks, the president, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, said his company targeted 120,000 hectares for rice production across the country by the year 2020.

He said the Jigawa rice scheme targets 20,000 hectares in which the out growers will produce 8,000 hectares while the company will cultivate 12,000 hectares.

According to him, the project will provide direct job opportunities to over 10,000 youths in addition to food security and internally generated income to the state government.

He expressed appreciation to the Hadejia Emirate Traditional Rulers, the Jigawa State government and federal government for the support given to the company, and also called for more policy and incentives that would create more enabling environment and encourage private sector investment in to the sector

www.leadership.ng/news/500989/dangote-group-launches-20000-hectare-rice-production-scheme

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Idrismusty97(m): 11:51pm On Feb 14, 2016
Imagine if this news was for Anambra we will not rest. Common Sorghum these IPOB touts are using it to chestbeat. Ride on Dagote.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Nobody: 12:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Imagine if this news was for Anambra we will not rest. Common Sorghum these IPOB touts are using it to chestbeat. Ride on Dagote.
you are simply pained by the good news comimg out of anambra,its not that hard to detect envy in your tone.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by AshiwajuFoward: 12:56am On Feb 15, 2016
Idrismusty97:

If it was Anambra-related chai! Dem for don begin comment with their multiple I.d's, screaming how no other region/state could have pulled it off, and how Obiano is Jesus reincarnate. cheesy My favourite part is when some start claiming "even though i'm not from Anambra/i'm yoruba/i'm from the SW, but I'll love to svck Obiano's nuts and blah, blah, blah" grin

But I think beyond their immediate Anambra circle, most people are beginning to see through the propaganda coz its becoming too obvious. cheesy

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by chriskosherbal(m): 1:45am On Feb 15, 2016
A welcome development.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Sibrah: 4:59am On Feb 15, 2016
While those who stole from us are more concerned about stealing more. Dangote easily has the impact of 10 governors put together in my opinion. Being a leader is totally diff from being ruler.

16 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by opalu: 5:35am On Feb 15, 2016
Okay. Agba nago

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Pavore9: 5:42am On Feb 15, 2016
Dangote really makes sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by tunwumi: 5:43am On Feb 15, 2016
That's good

2 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Nobody: 6:37am On Feb 15, 2016
Employment opportunities. Make I begin dust my CV.

Salary most grow now, In-shaAllah grin grin

11 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by ckmayoca: 6:42am On Feb 15, 2016
abuayman:
Employment opportunities. Make I begin dust my CV

Yes oh dust am, there is vacancy for rice bag sealer bsc forward ur CV to me.

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by ckmayoca: 6:44am On Feb 15, 2016
Idrismusty97:

It's thier state they have right to praise it. Praise urs since bubu could condemn his. Jigawa ppl dey NL sef?

7 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 15, 2016
A very commendable move from Dangote and his group.

The wealthy focuses on the production of goods and services; the poor focuses on money.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by ziego(m): 8:11am On Feb 15, 2016
And u think God will not continue blessing him?

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by ademega(m): 8:12am On Feb 15, 2016
dangote the rich dude

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by idris4r83(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2016
On his way to become the richest person on the planet earth

3 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Titto93(m): 8:13am On Feb 15, 2016
Idrismusty97:
keep talking, some day you'll say something intelligent

4 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Justicealh3(m): 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
20.000 hectares of land

2 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Nobody: 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
Brilliant!

Brilliant, sir, I Love this man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by deebsman1(m): 8:14am On Feb 15, 2016
A determined man

.....aiming to b 1 in d world

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by jericco1(m): 8:15am On Feb 15, 2016
Na so dem go talk wen time reach dem go still Import rice.... nonsense.
Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by ebenezerdaniel(m): 8:15am On Feb 15, 2016
Ok[color=]Ok[/color]Ok
Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by kennyman2000(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Berrylite: 8:19am On Feb 15, 2016
Good

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:19am On Feb 15, 2016
A very good development. God bless Dangote groups. I will really appreciate if Government will encourage the local rice producers. Just imagine KURA rice produce in KURA LG,mehn that rice taste real good,but the government are doing nothing to encourage this farmers. We have all it takes to stop importing rice.

5 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by PipSurgeon(m): 8:19am On Feb 15, 2016
good development.. see the useless governor trying to pull its his plan and all that bullshit..
Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 15, 2016
The new M.K.O of Nigeria.
Use government money, to help government, Nigerians and himself
A man of goodwill. Well done.
But, stay focused. No politics. Remember ABIOLA, MKO

6 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 8:21am On Feb 15, 2016
abuayman:
Employment opportunities. Make I begin dust my CV.

Salary most grow now, In-shaAllah grin grin
Can you reside in the north?
Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by opalu: 8:22am On Feb 15, 2016
Agriculture is Nigeria's sure bet to world prominence

1 Like

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by raker300: 8:29am On Feb 15, 2016
Idrismusty97:
lol, so you this pained about anambra state news flooding nairaland of late. Lol

1. Anambra has got like 30 farms opening up in the state as we speak. Not owned by only one man. This way wealth is spread

2. The sorghum news that is so pains you is as a result of over 50 years, nigerians were meant to believe that sorghum and other grains can't grow in the east...but thanks to the brain child of science, anambra proves you guys wrong

3. Anambra is currently the only state exporting agric produce to Europe (uk). Incase you don't know, EU banned nigerian imports from their country as a result of fertilisers being used to grow. Anambra farm produce are 100% organic

4. Anambra is making $5 billion from this agric exports. More money than the entire West (excluding lagos) can make

5. Anambra news reports are backed with pictures to view the on ground progress

6. More than 6 industries I know personally opened in anambra since this year

Lol, now I get why you're jealous

6 Likes

Re: In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme by abumeinben(m): 8:31am On Feb 15, 2016
Great...

I await the era when Nigerians would be commended for their virtues, not where they're from

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ondo Cassava Revolution / Market And Marketing: The Farmers Headache / Pls What Is The Job Opportunity For Animal Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.