Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,293 members, 7,839,440 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why Are We So Dumb - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Are We So Dumb (598 Views)

The World At Last Became Dumb.....kudos To Trump / When The Dumb Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We So Dumb by dewalt(m): 11:28am On Feb 15, 2016
WHY ARE WE SO DUMB?

It is quite unfortunate that people still fail to learn from the mistake of others. Yoruba adage says "eni ti o jin si koto, o ko ara yoku logbon" that is "the mistake of someone is the bedrock of wisdom for others"

While I was much younger, I saw beautiful houses on my street which as of then were my dream houses, today, I look back and discovered that those building are now tagged "OLD STRUCTURES". I saw exotic cars like bittle, today, you will not buy it for 20,000. Meaning that nothing last forever, whereas many of the owners acquired these properties through trick and other vices.

The rich that got their wealth through ritual dies, those that loot public fund dies and those that got theirs through legal activities also dies. Just as the rich, the poor also dies.

It is sadden that despite the fact that we have seen the beginning and end of many of the ritualists, we still see people been paraded on TV screen with human parts. Why the cruelty, when all the money and power they sought cannot grant them unending life?

There is nothing on earth that is worth killing one another to achieve, be it POWER, POSITION or WEALTH because one day, we shall be no more.

I hereby charge you as you read this, NEVER LOOK FOR ANYTHING BY FORCE BECAUSE THOSE MATERIALS CAN NOT SAVE YOU IN THE DAY OF RESURRECTION.

God bless Nigeria

Luqman A. Alawode

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Examination. / The Delightful Party. A Poem By Wisdom Nwedene And Okenyi Onyedi / Going “home” To Gerald (short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.