Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count (660 Views)

10 People Who Died The Unluckiest Deaths / Be Like Bro, Some Of The Funniest Bro Pics I've Seen(images) / Important Lesson From Olajumoke's Overnight Rise To Fame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count by duketunde: 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
Quote of the Day: “If a Plantain boy became a super star (Timaya) and Bread girl became an international celebrity model (Olajumoke) overnight…Friends just try to challenge yourself and those around to grow and overcome challenges. Keep the hustle real one day, you will get there” – DukeTunde.

About a week or so ago a relatively unknown Olajumoke Orisaguna walked into the photo-shoot of international act Tinie Tempah by renown Photographer TY Bello. She became a star and social media went crazy.

Fast forward to this week, she has been featured on many international magazines and most recently on CNN. Her success came with many offers and even a luxury home courtesy of Sujimoto Construction.

The most significant thing about her rise from zero to a celebrity overnight is “Being at the right place at the right time,” not that she knew people who count.

Many still marvel or let me say are jealous of Olajumoke’s new found stardom, because they felt she stumbled of success easily, my dear if you belong to this category of people you’re dead wrong. She didn’t rest on her oars, feeling helpless, dressing down or waiting for help to come. She does what can put the next meal on the table before “her photobomb” breakthrough.

Not everyone will have success tossed at him/her the Olajumoke way though, but the key in achieving success and going further in life is “IDENTIFYING THE PEOPLE WHO COUNT” and “TO BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF PEOPLE WHO COUNT.” Don’t just sit there and believe miracle will happen. Showcase your talent and watch people who matter key into your ideals and ultimate rise to success.

I once made a bad mistake - Well, i have probably made countless more, but this one is relevant and sticks in my mind. I worked on a surveillance maintenance project for a company and on one occasion during the lunch break, i ran into the big boss himself having coffee with an assistance in my unit who didn't show up for work for two days. i spoke angrily, hoping the chairman will scold him, but i was thrown out! Imagine LOL. I only got to know he's a relative of Oga after the incident...what i am driving at here is, don't look down on people as you never can tell who is holding the ACE or DANGOTE card that will give you access to the next level of success.

Finally, do things properly – go through the appropriate channels and don’t hide in wait for a miracle that may never come.

SINGING: In Patoranking’s voice “ Nobody wey no fit to make am o.”

Do have a blissful week out there……………..
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2016/02/monday-motivational-kit-yours-may-not.html#sthash.nDnRh0DI.dpuf

Re: MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count by clemmonce(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2016
Nice writeup
Re: MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 15, 2016
For me, the only thing that got my attention in this olajumoke story is the fact that she was making 300-500 Naira daily.

I read it over and over... 500 Naira, really??

Like making 10 Naira on each loaf sold, and you sell 50 loaves.

People are suffering !!
Re: MOTIVATIONAL: Your's May Not Be Like Olajumoke, Identify People Who Count by duketunde: 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2016
Thanks
clemmonce:
Nice writeup

(1) (Reply)

How English Month Came About / Imagine A Heartless NL Admin Blocked Me Till 2026 / Nigerian Kicked Off UK Plane For Being A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.