Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,460 members, 7,850,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry (545 Views)

Need A Marketer? : We Grow Businesses In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry by Lanre90(m): 7:08am On Feb 16, 2016
Read More & Comment Here: http://innovativecritic..com.ng

Today evryone or someone you know is aspiring to be a professional musician. It hass become the order of the day for almost every nigerian youth.

But hiw significant is this industry, can we sell our music products i.e tracks and albums to the chinese or the american or even the europeans.

The answer to that question is generally yes and no.
Lets consider a case study of D'banj a legendary musician, he took the industry to where it is today alongside other well known artist but he also foresaw the future, that we have reached a domestic saturation level; an oversupply of music tracks to the market. Thus the only growth aviable will be if we take our tracks outside.
That's the future every aspiring musician most face. There is only so far a commercial hit can take you as an artist.

In the long run if we are able to collaborate with more foreign acts, then i think the industry can artist our economy grow.
Re: Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry by nobilis: 7:15am On Feb 16, 2016
A music industry that sings only about love and women and sex?

I don't think so.
Re: Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry by Lanre90(m): 7:39am On Feb 16, 2016
All dis commercial jambs can they enter the international stream grin
nobilis:
A music industry that sings only about love and women and sex?

I don't think so.
Re: Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry by Donald3d(m): 8:12am On Feb 16, 2016
Lanre90:
All dis commercial jambs can they enter the international stream grin
maybe if the industry comprises mainly of people like Asha,most of all this small boys are singing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Can We Grow Our Economy On The Back Of The Music Industry by Lanre90(m): 8:47am On Feb 16, 2016
Correct! We need fusion in our music of both genres
Donald3d:
maybe if the industry comprises mainly of people like Asha,most of all this small boys are singing rubbish

(1) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates Further At The Parallel Market, Now N385/$, N505/£ / Oil Price Hits High Now $41.43 Per Barrel / How To Get Anything You Want!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.