Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,682 members, 7,823,922 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

How To Do Mini Importation Business With The Current Dollar Rate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Do Mini Importation Business With The Current Dollar Rate (1497 Views)

5 Trusted Sites To Do Mini Jobs Online 2 Earn 10k Daily / CBN Pegs Dollar Rate For School Fees, PTA At N375/$ / How The Current MMM Will Likely End - As a Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Do Mini Importation Business With The Current Dollar Rate by ceecia(f): 10:33am On Feb 16, 2016
Hi, I started doing mini importation business last year, I mostly bought things from aliexpress. Now the dollar is taking a huge toll on business, I have not made any purchase recently because I am afraid I may not make as much profit. Does anyone know where I can get things from very cheap , mostly fashion items and how to bypass this current exchange rate to pay for the goods. thank you.
Re: How To Do Mini Importation Business With The Current Dollar Rate by godoluwa(m): 11:06am On Feb 16, 2016
ceecia:
Hi, I started doing mini importation business last year, I mostly bought things from aliexpress. Now the dollar is taking a huge toll on business, I have not made any purchase recently because I am afraid I may not make as much profit. Does anyone know where I can get things from very cheap , mostly fashion items and how to bypass this current exchange rate to pay for the goods. thank you.
suspend import biz at least 4 now

1 Like

Re: How To Do Mini Importation Business With The Current Dollar Rate by maybrowne(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
godoluwa:
suspend import biz at least 4 now
Suspending importation is not the solution.

ceecia:

This is the probably the most frequent question people ask about the Importation business at this moment but then the truth is that there is no reason why you should let the high dollar rate turn you off, in fact if for anything it should be a motivation to you. Do not be someone who considers every situation as a problem but one who sees an opportunity in every situation.
So let me put through how to get through this tough time
1) Make sure that check up with your bank before making payments, use only banks with low exchange rate. Stanbic is a very good option
2) Make sure to only import products that are very light in weight and are also hot in the market as this will help reduce your shipping cost
3) Import products that are very cheap and not expensive as doing otherwise will drastically drain you.
4) Except you need to get your products urgently, i will advice that you stay clear of express shipping and stick to normal shipping for now.

This are among the very great strategies you can use in engaging in the importation business profitably even in this period of high dollar rates.

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice Me On Which Business To Venture IN As A Young Graduate. / What Buisness Can 50,000 Do And Can Make Atleast 3,000 Per Day / Sell And Buy Replacement Parts On Weefeex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.