Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! (1026 Views)

9 Common Things That Damage Android Phones That Users Don't Know / Hilarious Photo Showing The War Between Samsung And Apple Users / Phone Evil: Guys, Don't Try This In The Toilet EVER! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! by bigt2(m): 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Warning — Setting This Date On iPhone Or iPad Will Kill Your Device Permanently!
Changing your iPhone's or any iOS device's date to January 1, 1970, will brick your iPhone forever!

Re: Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! by EHMIR(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2016
Which sane sombody would even change phone date to jan1 1970
Re: Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2016
EHMIR:
Which sane sombody would even change phone date to jan1 1970

Not every smartphone user is sane
Re: Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! by Baadal(m): 9:07pm On Feb 16, 2016
bigt2:
Warning — Setting This Date On iPhone Or iPad Will Kill Your Device Permanently!
Changing your iPhone's or any iOS device's date to January 1, 1970, will brick your iPhone forever!
Is this true?lemmie give it a try on my Ipad Air 2 grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! by ewizard1: 12:34am On Feb 17, 2016
But if not for stupidity!
Why should a particular date brick a device.

And why should the device even include that date knowing the harm its capable of if set.

Yes, no sane person would set a date to 1970 in 2016 but its just a phone date setting. So what?
--------

That reminded me of one of iOS stupidity which dey always refer to as innovative. A female friend brought me her iPhone 5 which she just got from a guy and after popping in her SIM. There was no signal (Stupidity 1)

I reached for my JuGGerNutt and googled what could be the problem and solution. Found out i have to set the date before i could get signal! (You can imagine)

Ok, lets set date! got into the setting and found this scrolling kind of date where you have to align the date by scrolling the Day, Month & Year. I spent up to an hour setting the date because just when i'm about to scroll the year to 2015... the date picks either a further year or goes back like 2035 or 1958

Due to the never say die instinct built in me... i made sure i got it fixed but jokingly warned the lady never to bother me if by any mistake she fumbles with her SIM or the date.

Whatever happens to the setting of date by punching in numbers from the keyboard.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Users, Don't Try This At Home! by CallmeKola(m): 4:51am On Feb 17, 2016
'Brick' is supposed to be an android terminology.

(1) (Reply)

Glo Blackberry 3gig Data Plan Is Now #1400 / Slow Downloads On UC Browser For Blackberry Solved! / Pls Help! My Phone Is Taking Long To Boot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.