Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account (1862 Views)

What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? / What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? / What Happens To The Money In My Savings Account If I Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account by mentain(m): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2016
Hi fellow Nigerians .pls I will like to know if this new CBN stamp duty policy is applicable to only current account or all accounts . because UBA as been charging my savings account and customer care in d bank told me dey charge on all account.
Tnx 4 ur response.
Re: Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account by slim49z(m): 10:28am On Feb 17, 2016
mentain:
Hi fellow Nigerians .pls I will like to know if this new CBN stamp duty policy is applicable to only current account or all accounts . because UBA as been charging my savings account and customer care in d bank told me dey charge on all account.
Tnx 4 ur response.

My bank charges me same for every deposit above 1000 made by someone else into my account.

I contacted my bank and they said it's the new CBN policy as directed by Buhari and CBN Boss and it's applicable to all accounts.
Re: Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account by ayobase(m): 11:12pm On Feb 18, 2016
mentain:
Tnx 4 ur response.

The bank is right depending on the activity you performed on your bank then you can determine the illegality of the deduction the CBN excluded savings account on the basis of self withdrawal and bank to bank deposit if it the deposit being made belongs to the depositor and also the second exclusion says any form of withdrawal or transfer FROM a savings account .

Note the use of the word from in that statement this means if I send 1k to your account you would be charged for stamp duty because the transaction was TO your account and not FROM your account either in transfer or in person. I hope you understand better now.

The only way to avoid that stamp duty on deposits made to your account is only if the depositor fills "SELF" in the deposit slip. This I think my elude the stamp duty

Re: Help UBA Charges Stamp Duty On My Savings Account by mavinc4u(f): 3:59am On Feb 19, 2016
The last i checked and when the officials of cbn were interviewed on television.they said that the stamp duty is only applicable to current accounts. is even stated in the circular but just that Nigeria banks do not understand English. Can a genuine banker confirm this information?

(1) (Reply)

The News Circulating Of Man That Stripped Unclad In Gtb Has Been Resolved!!!! / Ocash: Cryptocurrency Debit Card / Electrical Dealer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.